Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Ribery Or Ronaldo
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Who would you rather have to captain your squad and build a team around, Franck Ribery or Cristiano Ronaldo? My vote goes to the Frenchman, brings other players into the game better, more consistent, would be a better captain, better passer and finisher from the spot, better attitude, and has more respect for the beautiful game(I don't think I have every seen Franck Ribery dives and he prays to Allah before every match). But you decide and tell me, if you think Ronaldo would be the better choice, why you think that. PACE
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Ribery consistent?
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I can't agree duncan, ronaldo's 4 times the player ribery is, so on that alone I would rather have ronaldo.
And I don't think any of them are captain material anyway
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I mean it's not like Ronaldo has done bad this season either, people seem to think he sucks when he doesn't score 42 goals a season. IN truth he's been good for his position at madrid without being supported as much and has been injured and doesn't have as many competition to play in. Look how many goals he still scores! And that's if all you think about is goals
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ronaldo is a better player than Ribery, I wouldn't disagree with that. Although they are both immensely talented, I think Ronaldo has more potential and skill. And Amadeus you are probably right about Ribery not being very consistent. But I still would rather have him as captain than Ronaldo. He(Cristiano) is just a bitch, I need a man to captain my team. Ribery is a man, and a good one at that.

Also whose team is in the Champions League final on May 22, Ronaldo's or Ribery's. Granted it was Arjen Robben carrying most of the weight, but Ribery played a huge part as well
Tony I don't know if Ronaldo is that much better haha, though clearly he is better. I think Ribery would be a great captain, he always plays his heart out, and is a very funny and endearing guy. Would be great for a dressing room, where as Ronaldo, not at all, quite the opposite. He would ruin it, take every penalty, taking free kicks fifty yards from the net on goal, never passing the ball, he would be a horrendous captain. Let alone his bitching and whining in the dressing room. I would take Franck in a heartbeat to captain my team over Cristiano
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Ronaldo is way better, of course you are a Liverpool fan, so you would say Ribery
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I am liverpool fan too but frankly I think ribery is better than ronaldo
I might be a little biased you are right, but I think in the way I phrased the question Ribery would be better. Ronaldo may have more skills(not by much, Ribery is a player of immense quality) but I wouldn't want him to captain my team, too selfish, self centered and egotistical the dressing room would not be very charismatic. Ribery would be a fantastic captain, cool headed and a team player. Reminds me a lot of Zidane
And I agree with Gerrard4ever in that you could make a case that Ribery is just flat out better than Ronaldo, but only time will tell on that one. If France fails to qualify for the world cup it would be a hard case to make, although Portugal may not qualify either
I can't believe how france and portugal are srtugling to qualify for the world cup but on the brighter side other countries are getting a chance not just the same teams as always
Yes I would love to see new teams in the world cup, if they are in it they deserve to be
Look at those feet at 7:11
Skittlz (Everton) 5 years ago
I would have to say ronaldo even though he is a complete w****r he is still the best player in the world, much as we would like to deny it
Do you think Ronaldo is better than Lionel Messi?
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Ronaldo.    I do like ribery though
They are both world class players Ronaldo is extremely talented
Yup.    I don't know whos skills are better    Ronaldo or riberys D
Ribery saved france 2 times against lithuania.... So tht tells a lot about him too
Yes he did in great style, now its Ronaldo's turn to prove he is worthy of the praise he recieves
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
One of the best questions, Ronaldo or Ribery? Honestly, last year I would've said Ronaldo in second but this year I would go with Kaiser franck. Both are soo good though. Great question, great players, Ribery
Thanks for your input
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
I think Ribery.... But my anti-Ronaldo bias is so built-in that I would probably choose Stalin over Ronaldo
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Stalin won't dive, ill tell you that
Haha nice new pic moonpig
Haha    
Gerrard2010 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
While they are both talented, Ronaldo probably more so than Ribery at the time, I believe Ribery would make a better Captain. Ronaldo would not carry the respect of the other players and the leadership skills needed to build a team around him. He's simply not mature enough
Well said
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Yes. True, well said
Very very well said
[account-removed] 5 years ago
Everywhere I go, all I see are Comparisons between these two superstars! It's so annoying....
Ribery better Captain
Ronaldo better Player!
Its Calld a Debate    And lol    Your only pissed couse your bieng compared
Its true. Everyone compares any player to Ronaldo. That's when you know a player is good
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
For me ronaldo is a FAR FAR FAR better player. But agreed I think its stupid having ronaldo as captain of a team, he doesn't have the right attitude when things arnt working for him
Cheikh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I believe its Ribery because if you see Ronaldo is not doing any good for Real Madrid and Ribery is the backbone for BaVaria.... I understand its difficult to perform when all stars surround you @ Real...
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Oh, when he started the thread last year, I believe Ronaldo is still playing for Man Utd
Ltm017 4 years ago
Ribery.... He does something when he is playing. He ups everyone pace and drives his team. IDK how to say it.... But I'm bias. Ronaldo is good for a show to attract people to football. He can run and do all the little fancy stuff he likes for people to watch football.... A show...
I agree with you, Ribery is more about Sustenance Ronaldo about showboating. But Ronaldo does score a lot of goals, just very little assists. That's why he would make a poor captain, he is a wretched teammate, I know I would hate playing with him, where as to play with Ribery I would probably give one of my hands
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I am a big ribery fan, I love his play, but I would pick ronaldo over ribery, the reason being both are great players yes, both with great skill, yes ronaldos attitude is very poor, but he is younger and hasnt reached his full potential, this is the reason I would pick him over ribery, because he has more years to give as a player, and maybe ronaldo with age being more mature his pitty attitude will change
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ronaldo. But they are both overrated
Touchee I could probably agree with that
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Definately gota be Ronaldo, he's got the advanted of age & has a lot more in the locker imo, he has blistering pass, a free kick that no-one can come near, touch, vision, stamina. He has loads more ability, plus he's not had as much controvery apart from partying & the wink, where as has Ribery has, well need I go on...
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Deleted: Double post

Kick4Life - changing lives through football