Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Real Madrid Starting Formation 2010/11
Mumbai (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Madrid s ral threat this seson not just because of star player but also their new manager.
With plenty of options and Mourinho's unusual defensive style what would be formation for Real?

I did some research on this :

Typical play: Inter Milan mirror image on Madrid

……….... Iker……………………………
Ramos…… Pepe/Albiol.... Carvaliho…… Arbeloa
……………. Alonso……………………….
…… Lass……………. Van der vaart………………
…………. Kaka(injured) / Canales……………………………
…… Higuain………….... Ronaldo………....
It was a 4-3-1-2 \
Now this is the same formation Mourinho played last year with Inter am I right? So I don’t disagree we might see it again.
But as its a long summer and its fun lets talks about other possible formations we could play, this will be difficult as we don’t know if any new signings are coming/ possible exists etc.

Example 1: Typical home game
…………… Iker………………………....
Ramos…… Pepe/Albiol.... Carvaliho…… Marcelo
………. Diarra……… Alonso…………….
Ronaldo…………Kaka/Can……………… Di Maria
………….... Higuain………………………

Example 2: Away game strong opponent; may be Champions league away game
…………. Iker…………………....
Ramos…… Pepe/Albiol.... Carvaliho…… Arbeloa
………………. Diarra…………………….
……….... Alonso…………… Khedira………....
Ronaldo……………………………… Di Maria
……………… Higuain…………………….

A 4-3-3,

Example 3 - closing down wings and straight attack - this really was flow last season as real played most of the attack from mid field with no real winger man. But now Mourniho's having options of wingers this might be unusal tactic.
………………. Iker…………………….
Ramos……Carvalho……. Pepe/Albiol………Marcelo
………………… Diarra………………………………
………. Alonso………………. Khedira…………….
………………… Kaka/Caneals……………………………….
………. Higuain……………… Ronaldo……………

Example 4: super attacking - With two wingers two strikers

It is likely that there would be tight finish between Barca and Madrid; may be a tie and that time Result might go on goal difference. Barca known for super attacking game they will be definitely ahead although real scored more goals than Barca last season they gave away more too.

So for weak opponent Mourinho might go unusual super attacking play.

…………. Iker…………………....
Ramos…… Pepe/Albiol.... Carvaliho…… Marcelo....
.... . Alonso.... ……………
.... . Kaka/Caneals………....
Pedro Leon……………………………… Di Maria
……… Higuain…………Ronaldo…………....

Looks like Benzema, Gago would be more of subs.
Guys any inputs?
SoccerIsFootbal (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Example 4 would get my vote. From the pre-season games it appears pedro leon and higuain will play on the right while di maria and ronaldo both play on the left.

Ronaldo featured on the left in both matches. Di maria was on the left in his appearance and higuain was mostly on the right in both matches
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Mumbai I'm proud your a Chelsea fan You know your own manager well. Just needs to get that left back and their a solid team
Thank you
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 3 years ago
-----------------Cassias-------------------
SergioRamos--pepe/albiol--Carvaliho---Arbeloah
-----------------khedira-------------------
----alonso--------------------kaka---------

-------------------di maria----------------
---------Higuian-----------------Ronaldo----

I think this is a great strong team
Di Maria is winger man
I believe he can play attacking midfielder too
Kaka is out for at least 4 months
LyverBird (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Kaka can't play in that positio, he is an attacking player, and Di Maria is best in the wings!
Kaka can't play in that positio, he is an attacking player, and Di Maria is best in the wings!
Ltm017 3 years ago
What are you thinking Di Maria is much better as a winger.... Otherwise he will be drifitng. It would be better is you switch kaka and di maria if you are trying to do that
Hey hey I am the tacticion here okay, I can see di maria doing wonders there, as for kaka. He is lucky to be there.... I don't think he should feature in joses squad
Di maria might be a winger but it doesn't mean he can't play attacking mid I see your vision Ramos Lol. footytube gotta' love it
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Amazing you agreed to something Kingsick As for Di Maria I wouldn't start him at all if he would only play on the wing.

I think he'd be better in the middle, madrid have other players better at taking on people out wide, He has the vision and speed. I say Attacking mid or not at all
I always agree with stuff Ramos says You the one I never agree with
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 3 years ago
Don't Di maria and Ronaldo play the same position?
Nopes Pedro Leon and Ronaldo play on same position
Glory (Manchester United) 3 years ago
They do kind off
In some sense, they can both play in the same position
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 3 years ago
So who will start as left wing/ Ronaldo or Di maria?
I agree with sergioRamos; both can play in same position but Ronaldo will be more like second fiddle to striker- free agent
Di maria. Ronaldo will be free to roam as the "forward. "

Mournho said he won't limit ronaldo to the CF role (like higuain and benzema) because he is too talented. I have to agree. Not only is ronaldo the better striker, he is the better passer/crosser of the three. Definitely the most versatile
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Ronaldo can play anything that's very attacking really, I'd call him a forward but one that can play on the left, right, center and behind the main striker
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Who do you guys think will play more, Marcelo or Albiol?
Tough question dude. I am all over Marcelo he is quick and attacking but with Ramos on other side. I don't think Jose will prefer two full back who likes to attack. And Jose 's desire to have Chelsea's Ashley cole who plays on the same position on the back looks he wants more from both of them. Looks like Albiol will play more but I will certainly have Marcelo in my dream footy squad
I really want to say marcelo because arbeloa is a center back and I think pepe and carvalho will start. Madrid is kinda thin at LB
And consider this: marcelo is left footed and arbeloa isn't so he can't play left back...Neither can albiol, so I think marcelo is 100% the starting left back.

Marcelo played 3000 minutes and 35/38 la liga games last season.
That should quell all fears about him starting...I am between him and someone else for my final spot on defence.

Source: Link: transfermarkt.co.uk/en/marcelo/leistungsdaten/spie...
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Hmm I think I'll be getting Marcelo then...
I don't get it, they don't play in the same position...
You don't need them to play in the same position. He's thinking about dreamfooty
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
May be something like this

………….... Iker…………………....
Ramos…… Albiol.... Carvaliho…… Marcelo
.... Alonso.... Khedira/Diarra. …………
Pedro Leon……………………………… Di Maria
……… Higuain…………Ronaldo…………....
They need playmaker also. Kaka and tl he returns Caneals
Xavi alonsa Mumbai! He has some really good balls in his foot
Kingsickhead: Alonso is a holding midfielder. You need attacking midfielder to score lot of goals this season
Robbery69 (Bayern München) 3 years ago
I just hope to god they start Khedira! Going to get massively pissed off if they destroy one off our promising National players

But yes they do have a extremely good team this year, and I think with Khedira they would also have some more stability as he is not another one of those (selfish) technical versed players but has a good balance between offence and defence, but doesn't try anything funny, in a way bring some Germanic attributes to Real which cannot hurt, just like when Netzer or Breitner played for them. Aneway I'm proud to see a German finally going to big club again other then Bayern.

I definitely see Real going further than the best of 16 this year. If all works out and Kaka recovers I would say that they will most likely make it to the Semi finals in the champions league
I still think Bayern is better than Madrid. Kroos is also back with Bayern mate
We shall see tonight I think what makes Bayern so good they just know how to play together now they know what l. V. Gaal wants, can't wait for Kroos to play tonight, but he might only play one halftime since he played in the national a few days ago
Don't know why Bayern didn't get him and Dzeko! Really Talented. Muller is a attacking mid not a St
We didn't get dzeko because we have 4 strikers (if you include Müller) and Gomez is getting anohter chance I mean you can't get rid of someone after you bought him a year ago for 30-35 million euros....

At the moment the DF midfield is VB and Schweini so if anything we would have needed Khedira next year.
Oh! You kept Gomez He's Horrible Robbery to be honest
Rob12 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Everyone who keeps putting Ronaldo up front, theres a massive chance he will sit behind the forwards this season and be allowed to roam the pitch so Benzema and Higuain will most likely play up front in my opinion
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Lets not forget that while mourinho played a 4-3-1-2 with inter, that is not his formation of choice. He has always preferred a 4-3-3, 4-4-2, or 4-2-3-1. And with the options he has at madrid I would definatly put my money on him playing a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. The only reason he didn't take this road with inter is because I knew he had to adapt to the players he had. My guess is that the lineup will be

---------------casillas-----------------
Ramos---pepe/albiol--carvalho---aurelio
----xabi alonso---khedira/lass---kaka--
---ronaldo---higuain---di maria---

With ronaldo and di maria possibly changing sides.

Or

--------------casillas---------------
Ramos---pepe/albiol---carvalho---aurelio
-------xabi alonso---khedira/lass-----
Ronaldo--------kaka------di maria-----
---------------higuain-------------------

Again with ronaldo and di maria possibly switching sides
The second formation you have seems logical enough
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 3 years ago
.... Iker.... ....

Ramos.... Pepe/Carvalho.... Albiol.... Arbeloa/Marcelo

.... Xabi.... Khedira/Lass.... ....

Pedro Leon.... . Canales.... .... Ronaldo

.... .... Higuain
I still can't believe that marcelo yes marecelo defended better than ramos whos has returned to his old self(s**t right back)
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 3 years ago
What was the line up?
The same I posted, with Garay instead of Albiol, Khedira and Carvalho
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 3 years ago
LOL Ramos does some silly things at times in defence Although Marcelo is the same but he does it half way up the pitch, I agree but does it matter they play on different sides of the pitch
You think that havin marcelo and ramos as your startings fullbacks isn't a problem?
I agree but they do have the option of Arbeloa as for Ramos I don't know, this team is too attacking for the likes of Jose maybe this could be his biggest challenge yet
Of course its different when play for your country
Ciankc (Manchester United) 3 years ago
------casillas--------

Sergio ramos----pepe--------carvalho-------marcelo

Xabi alonso--------khedira

Ronaldo--------------kaka--------------diarra

Higuain/benzema

I think that the 4-2-3-1 formation will work for madrid if they play higuain on top. Once kaka gets back from injury, he should do well in the center
Diarra as a winger?
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Seems weird...
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
----Casillas----

Sergio Ramos----Pepe----carvalho----marcelo

----Xabi alonso---khedira---

Higuain----Ronaldo----dimaria

----Higuain---
Higuain twice mate, maybe Kaka?
I really dislike the defence of madrid, can't jose just pull in lucio or Samual?
Samuel was already kicked out of madrid by tito flo. They need to get a RB, LB
Still they need some one with experience to mentor the young players. Madrid at this moment have such poor inconsistant play
HangTime (Chelsea) 3 years ago
It's funny how I just read that real madrid wants drogba from chelsea for 10m. Gotta' be at least 25m to get him
Drogba to be playing the spanish league must atleast be 40 million. The amount of goals he will get I mean
Don't forget about van der vaart. I'm sure he'll be a starter
I doubt that very much
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
With the arrival of Ozil, Van der Vaart would sure join the bench.
And also, end of Kaka.
You'll never know how much it hurts me to say that...
You shouldn't be! Kaka is well of now. I use to love him to but I moved on you should do the same
I still love kaka, the passion he had at milan will never be forgotten. But now his time is over, return to italy or warm the bench mate

Kick4Life - changing lives through football