Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Premier League All Stars Vs LaLiga All Stars
Ghanaboy95 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
I heard about Ferdinand's tweet and It got me thinking, who would you put in your starting line up for a Match between Premier All Stars vs La Liga All Stars.
For me it would be:

Premier Leaue All Stars:
_________________Hart________________
Sagna____Kompany_____Vidic______Cole
Nani____Lucas_____Fabregas_______Nasri
________Tevez____Van Persie_________

La LIga All Stars:
_______________Casillas______________
Alves______Pique______Puyol___Marcelo
______________Busquets_______________
________Xavi__________Ineista________
Messi________Rossi__________Ronaldo__
Cloudst 3 years ago
For me it'd be

Premier league all stars:

Hart
Sagna----vidic------kompany-----evra

Suarez--Fabregas----Lucas-------nasri

Rooney------RVP

La Liga:
Casillas

Ramos-----puyol------pepe------marcelo

Busquets

Xavi------- iniesta

Messi--------Aguero--------Ronaldo
GUNNERPERA (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Mine is:

Szczesny
Sagna--djourou--vermaelen--gibbs
Song-wilshere
Fabregas
Walcott--nasri
Rvp

Vs

Casillas

Ramos-----puyol------pepe------marcelo

Busquets--Alonso

Xavi------- iniesta

Messi-----------Ronaldo
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Your a bit biased towards your EPL team a tiny wee bit! Lol
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Plus a few of them "might" not be arsenal players shortly.... Lol
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Lol keep in mind this once was just in the Arsenal forum
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I would put my money on the La Liga one hands down. I somehow feel that the EPL might not be able to get a shot on net
PeterzeGooner (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Hart

Sagna vidic kompany cole

Suarez wilsher/ramires fabregas

Rvp rooney nasri

V. S

Valdes/cassilas
Ramos carvaliho pique puyol

Alonso
Inesta xavi

Messi Aguero ronaldo
Someone move this into Casual Footy Banter, I think it could make quite a good discussion
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
It's not really a La Liga XI since the competition is so poor. It's really going to end up being a Barca and Madrid best 11    
Your pretty much right lol. But certain players should get a look in, Rossi for example
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
And aguero, lol the wingers and CM don't stand a chance
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
GK: Joe Hart

Rb: Ivanovic
Cb: Vidic
Cb: Terry
Lb: Cole

Cm: Toure
Cm: Modric

Rm: Kuyt
Cam: Rooney
Lm: Bale

Cf: Tevez

Gk: Diego Lopez

Rb: Ramos
Cb: Carvalho
Cb: Pepe
Lb: Marcelo

Cm: Xavi
Cm: Alonso
Cm: Iniesta

Rf: Messi
Cf: Rossi/Aguero
Lf: Ronaldo
Hmmmm....

_______________Van Der Saar________________

___Hutton_____Vidic_____Luiz________Cole___

__Nani____Parker____Fabregas____David Silva_

_____________Rooney______Tevez_____________

.... .... VS.... ....

_____________Messi________Ronaldo____________

___________________Augero____________________

_____Jesus Navas________Xavi_______Iniesta___

_____Marcelo____Pique_____Pepe______Alves____

_________________Casillas____________________

Yeah I think I'll stick with that!

Peteko 3 years ago
Hum, VDS will probably agree to come back for this
Parker is not a prem player. Navas is a winger. And I think the person started this meant current EPL players. But otherwise I like your team
Parker will be a prem player by the start of the season and I have Navas out on the left mid, he can play there as well as an attacking full back I believe?!

Thanks Kimaway
And I was thinking it would really be based on last seasons teams, there will be a fair bit of players moving about I think such as Tevez and Augero, so I was going by last seasons line ups!
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
All decent selections, but I reckon drogba could do a hell of a job in a game of this magnitude, and hasnt really been mentioned, he's a real danger to any defence
Agreed with Tony, but I also think Valencia deserves a mention by somebody. He's one of the greatest crossers of the ball
Very true but Valencia missed Alot of the season through injury, which is why I overlooked the likes of Kaka and Essien too, was trying to pick based of last seasons performances!
Yea. I put Kuyt instead of Valencia because i've seen most of Kuyt's games. So I know how good he is. Valencia I only watch in the big games and the ones on t. V. HE would be my second choice behind kuyt though
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
---------------------cech-----------------
Ivanovic------vidic--------terry---------evra

----------toure----------essien-------

--------------fabregas----------

-silva---------rooney------------tevez

Subs: hart, kompany, hutton, valencia, nasri, wilshere, modric

VS

Subs: de gea, ramos, navas, kaka, pedro, mata, busquets

Ronaldo----------villa----------messi

-----iniesta---------xavi---------ozil

Marcelo------pique-----pepe---------alves

---------------casillas----------------
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Van Der Sar;    Richards, vidic, terry, Cole;    Scholes;    Nani, Fabregas, Giggs;    Rooney, Tevez
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Casillas;    Ramos, Pique, Carvalho, Marcello;    Xavi, Iniesta, Ozil;    Ronaldo, Villa, messi    
Subs: Tevez, Hernandez, Terry, Evra, Nasri, Valencia, Essien, Hart

__________________Cech____________________

___Luiz_____Vidic_____Kompany________Cole___

__Nani____Modric____Fabregas____David Silva__

_____________Rooney______Drogba_____________

Vs

Subs: Rossi, Villa/Aguero, Marcelo, Carvalho, Navas, Pedro, Busquets, Valdes

______Messi_____Villa/Aguero_____Ronaldo_____

_______Ozil__________Xavi_________Iniesta______

_____Ramos____Pique_____Pepe______Alves____

__________________Casillas____________________
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Premier League:

------------------Hart-----------------

Ivanovic------Vidic------Terry------A. Cole

----------------y. Toure-------------------

-----Nani------------------------Nasri----

---------------Van Der Vaart--------------

-----Tevez-------------------Rooney-------

Bench: Vermaelen, Essien, Luiz, Suarez, Lampard, Gerrard & Fabregas.

La Liga:

-------------------Casillas-------------------

Alves---------Puyol-------Pepe--------Capdevila

-------Ozil----------Xavi-------Iniesta--------

------Messi---------Villa-------Ronaldo--------

Bench: Marcelo, Higuain, Rossi, Pique, Alonso, Aguero & Di Maria
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Nice one Ghanaboy, mine is based not only on last season but the last couple of years and who, right now I think would be the best choices

Prem de la prem

3-5-2

GK Petr Cech: has more experience than Hart. Both great keepers I like Cech's confidence in this match, and Joe Hart doesn't wear such an awesome helmet I wonder how good Cech would be without that concussion.

RB Vidic: One of the most consistent performers in the last couple of years in the entire premiere league. A rock in the back of United's defence I am always impressed with his tackling ability and it seems he is always a step ahead of the attacker. Beast on set pieces as well, both defending and attacking. RB isn't his natural position, but with three in the back it is necessary, he would be covering Ronaldo who he knows well. It's just a good thing Fernando Torres isn't in La Liga haha

CB John Terry: Again I think you need experience and JT is one of the best center backs in the world(still ya). Having him and Vidic in the same defence would be scary both are immensely strong and quick on their feet. It's their footballing brains though that set them apart, Luiz is faster, but he doesn't have the pedigree of these two old guards, yet at least. Terry and Vidic have played Barcelona many times, Terry has done better for himself, though Vidic you can't really blame the guy, having to play them in finals.

LB Cashley Cole: Still one of the top left backs in the world. I don't like the guy but his pace and ability to get stuck in giving the attacker no space is top draw. He likes to get forward but he would have to stay put with three in the back. His assignment would be Rossi or Messi yikes, it still cracks me up when people say he shut down Messi against Chelsea, he did a great job to be sure, but he still got left for dead two or three times, absolutely skinned trying to make a slide tackle and Lio is still skipping down the flank. Still you have to put him on the team his talent is undeniable.

Dm: Man I would love to put Michael Essien in this spot but I did say who would be best to go this next season, and he will be injured for the vast majority of it. Essien is such a tremendous player, and I like the guy despite playing for Chelsk. So I will go with Yaya Toure. Toure is a immense footballer as well, has passing ability anyone who played for Barca does, and is great in front of the defence. One of the best players for City this season for sure. Again brings a lot of experience to the table. He will know his old Barca midfielders tendencies as well, really classy guy and player Yaya

Dm: Steven Gerrard(see) where you have to stop Barca, and let's face it at least half of them would be in the liga all stars, is the midfield. And there are few with a better footballing mind than Steven Gerrard. His heart is one of the biggest in the game as well and reads the game well, wouldn't let Xavi and Iniesta knock the ball around without giving them a crunching tackle to think about. It has been a long time since he played this position, but he is still so capable I am sure and he is a fierce leader he bring so much energy. Lives for big matches. I see a few people have Lucas, he is a great player and had a really good year, but putting him over the super captain to me makes little sense. Gerrard is world class at playing pin point passes to attackers as well and spreading the field. Not to mention the cannon he has for a right foot. The most important thing for Stevie and Yaya though is to be on the same page and not give their midfielders any easy passing lanes, hold them and wait for the right moment to intercept or press them, when the wingers have recovered.

Rw: Luis Saurez, ya he has only been in the prem for half a season but his record at Ajax is crazy and he was one of the shining lights at the 2010 WC till he made a bit of a disgrace of himself but that takes nothing away from his immense ability. You can see by the instant impact he made at Liverpool what an influential player he is. Always involved in the attack, has great pass and move mentality and can take a player to school one on one. Very unselfish which is what you want in a winger while still being able to score, and when Suarez does they are usually beautiful goals. He has been one of the best players in the Copa America as well. He is capable of tracking back to, is a very deceptive defender, he likes to have the ball so he will go and steal it, but not very good tactically at tracking back I don't think haha

Lw: Gareth Bale, superb defender converted to a winger where he shone even brighter. What a player, few can match his sheer pace in world football and he, Suarez and Francesc would give a much needed shot of youth in the side. Livewire down his left wing, again can scalp his marker and play a beautiful ball into space for the forwards similar to Suarez. And he can track back on Messiah and give him hell give him not an inch of space than break on the counter quicker than you can say golison. It seems as if he has lungs of an olympic swimmer or something, maybe he should run marathons. When he scores they are crackers too and he can create for himself and his teammates just about better than anyone in the game when isolated out on the flank.

Am: Cesc Fabregas, didn't have his best season last year but still was one of the tops in assists. One of the best in the business at distributing the ball which is what you want from a player in this position, to be creative and release the attackers and involve the wingers. I have a strange feeling he will still be in North London when next season roles around, and he will have to prove his worth and professionalism. I think he will get over it and just play his football the best he can, and when he does that he is a special player.

St: Didier Drogba, experience again up top, just an absolute beast. His hold up play is some of the best in the world and he would win headers all day against the likes of Puyol, Pepe or Pique. Always moving off the ball, loves giving defenders a nightmare and is so good at waiting for pressure than just using his quickness and strength to leave his marker stranded. His goal scoring record speaks for itself in terms of his finishing ability he can have a hit from thirty yards right at the goalkeeper and he still won't be able to save it because of the power and movement on the shot.

St: I would like to have Carlitos Tevez as Drogba's strike partner, but since he won't be at City next season I will put Wayne Rooney. Both are superb strikers, I just prefer Tevez because of his bulldog attitude, and superior technical skill on the ball. Rooney is a better passer though which is a huge plus. Can score great goals as well, his goal against Barcelona was first rate. I wouldn't really put Wayne or Didier on one side or the other per se but just let them roam up top and move to support Cesc and the wingers. Forming triangles while the other makes an attacking run. Rooney would most likely be the player making the deeper runs because Drogba can hold the ball better and win headers. Though Rooney's hold up play is top class as well.

Subsavid Luiz, Patrice Evra, Alex Song, Luca Modric, Nani, RVP, Chicarito

La Liga 4-3-3

GK Casillas: no one "really" competes with Iker for goalkeeper. Valdes is good and there are some other great goalkeepers in la liga, but none really close to as the Madridistas calss him "saint Iker"

RB Dani Alves: Superb in attack and defence, just narrowly beats out Sergio Ramos. Incredible chemistry with one Lio Messi

CB Carles Puyol: Absolute beast of a defender. My brother was calling him the death machine during the 2010 WC. Hair flopping around it would be terrifying to try and get past him, let alone with a football at your feet.

CB Pepe: Big strong defender and fast. Known for his hard tackles can sometimes take it too far and lose his top stomping players on the ground. But he is physical and effective, not lacking of pace either.

LB Eric Abidal: Immense pace and heart, desire and awareness to go with it. Big and strong, one of my favorite plays this past season was not a goal, but Eric making a tackle with his head while the ball was on the ground. I can't believe he was in the champions league final after having surgery for cancer.

RM Lionel Messi: the best player in the world, he will get plenty of chances playing from the midfield, plus he is one of the best at possessing the ball and creating attacking movements. Loves himself a big match.

CM Xavi:the engine

LM Andres Iniesta: super crafty, has a great understanding with Xavi and Lionel. One of the my favorite players to watch dribble the ball and pick out a perfect pass. Loves scoring big goals as well.

RF Rossi: superb playmaker and finisher. Put him on the right like Messi because in total football left footed players on the right and vice versa. Great goal scoring record this past season, still pissed he doesn't play for the USA haha, but he is still a cool guy

CF Kun Aguero: Fantastic pace, great finishing ability, all about scoring goals which is what you want in a center forward.

LF Cristiano Ronaldo: Has pace to burn don't know if Vidic or whoever is playing right back could keep up. Disappears during big matches sometimes, but can't leave him out of the team, full of talent.

Subs: Ramos, Gerard Pique, Capdevilla, Ozil, Xabi Alonso, Villa, Higuain
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
EPL XI 4-4-2

--Cech--
--Ivanovic--Kompany--Vidic--Cole--
--Valencia--Luka Modric--Yaya Toure--Nani--
--Rooney--Drogba

Bench: Fabregas, David Silva, Tevez, David Luiz, John Terry, Baines, Suarez

La Liga XI 4-3-3

--Casillias--
Ramos--Pepe--Pique--Abidal
Xavi--Alonso--Iniesta
Messi--Aguero--Ronaldo

Bench:Rossi, Mata, Marcelo, Ozil, Di Maria, Puyol, Adriano (A good utility and a super-sub very versatile)

Kick4Life - changing lives through football