Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Premier League 09/10 Predictions
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I lol'ed hard when I found this
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Was it the posts that said liverpool would win the league or the ones that said we wouldn't challenge for the title?
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I look back at my predictions and others. And Rafa has really f****d the season. Am not blaming the players because they all own. But rafa has just messed things up
Prophet88 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Some of this predictions are so funny, please never bet on games.... Lol Anyways, I think Man Utd still could turn around and win the EPL
LukePillar (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I think chelsea and Man UTD have equal chances of winning it, lets just hope it goes Ancelottis way ^^
BartoZZ10 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
My predictions for this season will respond to first 5 or 6 teams, which are most competetive and actually most important.

1. Chelsea - They've got very strong squad and Ancelotti
2. Man UTD - Very strong as always. Rooney in fantastic form, rest of the squad remains mostly the same. New players especially Valencia wil close the gap after ronaldo.
3. Arsenal - Although they look a bit better than in the last season, they still can't match Chelsea or Man you.
4. Man City - After summer spending spree which gave them dept of the squad, they can finaly pretend and I think claim the top four.
5. Not sure in here but hopefully it will be Aston Villa. Stron squad in nearly every formation but unfortunately without a player who will be able to give them that power to compete against top four.
6. Tottenham - If Villa will be 5th than Spurs must be 6th. They have good players with Lennon in front and a good coach, btw I kinda like them
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
Oh my god this is so close between united and chelsea! They just constantly keep on switching places!
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Chelsea STAY on form and United finally run out of Ronaldo's excess pixy dust and lose another 3 points, putting them just beyond reach. Arsenal in the meantime comes from behind and claims 2nd. Tottenham secures a spot in the UCL. Man City gets in on some Europe. Liverpool sadly slips beyond the top and into the mid-table (sorry, Liverpool fans). Aston Villa can't complete a push to the top, nor can Everton challenge for a spot in Europe. Not to much news except back to the bottom I predict Hull and Wolves fighting to survive and just making it, relegating Blackburn Burnley and a greatly under-performing Weest Ham.

New Castle come back to the Premiere.... Where I believe they will return to some of it's former glory. Nottingham and West Bromwich Albion also make the top flight.... For a season. They should be able to afford some lovely new bleachers, though.

Chelsea
Arsenal
Manchester United
Tottenham
Manchester City
Liverpool
Aston Villa
Everton
Fulham
Birmingham City
Stoke City
Sunderland
Wigan Athletic FC
Portsmouth
Hull City
Wolverhampton
Bolton
Blackburn
Burnley
West Ham United
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
And if you overlook all of my horrifying grammar.... That's my prediction. Haha
Samlfc (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Chelsea strong and solid year(premier league winners)
Man united missing out by a wisker(league cup)
Arsenal good year just need to be able to beat top four (champions legue winners)
Liverpool Poor start got better towards end(europa legue winners)
Man city unlucky TO MISS OUT
Totenham strong campaign (fa cup winners)
Aston villa falls short AT LAST hurdle
Birmingham BEST ALL season
Fulham great season just more attack needed
Stoke not consistant enough
Blackburn usual year
Sunderland falling short during middle of season
Bolton lucky towards end
West Ham poor performances
Hull escaping relegation by a few points
Wolves lucky
Burnley not strong enough AWAY FROM HOME
Wigan poor inconsistant season the championship is where they belong
Pompey its the fans who are hurt most, things just got worse and worse for them hopefuly they can get back into the top flight next year
Kristof (Chelsea) 4 years ago
1. Chelsea
2. Man utd
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Man city
6. Spurs
7. A villa
8. Everton
9. Fulham
10. Sunderland
11. Birmingham
12. Stoke
13. Wigan
14. Burnley
15. Blackburn
16. West ham
17. Bolton
18. Hull
19. Wolves
20. Portsmouth
OMIDO (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Just trana be as realistic as possible:

1 Man City (yay mancini)
2 Chelsea
3 Arsenal
4 Tottenham
5 Manchester Utd (europa league)
6 Aston Villa
7 Liverpool
8 Birmingham
9 Fulham
10 Everton
11 Blackburn
12 Sunderland
13 Wolves
14 Burnley
15 Stoke
16 West Ham
17 Hull
18 Wigan
19 Bolton (I just don't see them survive the second half of the season)
20 Portsmouth
OMIDO (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Promotion:    Newcastle united  West brom  Cardiff
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
This is quite simular to the rest:

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Manchester City
4. Manchester United
5. Tottenham
6. Liverpool
7. Fulham
8. Aston Villa
9. Everton
10. Birmingham
11. Bolton
12. West Ham
13. Blackburn
14. Burnley
15. Wolves
16. Sunderland
17. Stoke
18. Portsmouth
19. Hull
20. Wigan
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Thanks again Fussball for bringing this thread back to life. I'm gonna' have to come back for a third go and it is terribly worrying for all Chelsea fans but here's what the table is going to look like at the end of the season:

1 Man United (aaaah :S)
2 Chelsea
3 Manchester City
4 Arsenal
5 Tottenham
6 Aston Villa
7 Fulham
8 Birmingham
9 Liverpool
10 Everton
11 West Ham (Yes I do know what you're thinking)
12 Sunderland
13 Wolves
14 Bolton
15 Portsmouth (Yup, serious)
16 Blackburn
17 Stoke
18 Wigan
19 Burnley
20 Hull

Right, why have I done it like this? You may ask....

On the BBC Sport website, there is a better way of predicting your results for the end of season. I change my results each time because I can't save my predictions but it always turns out the same way each time because what you do is you predict the remaining fixtures (the actual scores) and it shows you what the table would look like if all your predictions are right. So there's a helpful way, although it takes nothing shorter than 20 minutes!

Promoted teams (from Champ): West Brom, Newcastle and Nottingham Forest (noo) via playoffs
Fussball (Barcelona) 4 years ago
You're welcome, , well thank you guys. , , you keep the interest alive for all of us here
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
No actually, I finally did finish the BBC Sport predictor thing and this is what it looked like:
PTS
1. Man Utd 90 (won on Goal difference)
2. Chelsea 90
3. Arsenal 87
4. Liverpool 73
5. Tottenham 67
6. Man City 62
7. Aston Villa 61
8. Birmingham 52
9. Blackburn 51
10. Stoke 50
11. Everton 49
12. Fulham 42
13. Hull 37
14. Sunderland 35
15. Wolves 32
16. Burnley 32
17. Wigan 31
18. Bolton 30
19. West Ham 27
20. Portsmouth 23

Overview:

On the second to last week (gameweek 37) Liverpool will overcome Chelsea in a 2-1 home win as Manchester United beat Sunderland 1-0 away. Arsenal draw with Chelsea in the soon upcoming match and that hamrs their points aswell.

Portsmouth put in a fair challenge but for now it's goodbye as we see them off to the second div. After a hard season. Wigan will escape the drop by the skin of their teeth leaving lowly Bolton and West Ham kicking themselves. Burnley will survive (somehow!)

Blackburn will finally beat stoke in the race for 9th, as Fulham and Everton both drop points in the final fixtures. Liverpool will get better as the season goes on and tottenham will be crying that on the last day they just couldn't secure that final champions league spot!

Promoted teams: Newcastle, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield United (via playoffs). West Brom just aren't coming back!
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
I'll redo this.

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Manchester United
4. Aston Villa
5. Man City
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Tottenham
9. Fulham
10. Birmingham
11. Sunderland
12. West Ham
13. Wigan
14. Blackburn
15. Stoke
16. Wolves
17. Bolton
18. Burnley
19. Hull
20. Portsmouth

Promotion:

1. Newcastle
2. Nottingham
3. Sheffield United - playoffs

Goodness, believe in Everton. We will bounce up like last season, especially when Jagielka, Arteta, Yobo, Neville, Distin, Rodwell, Yakubu are all fit to start. Donovan coming here would be a boost too
PepeLePewPew (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Looks like a reasonable prediction, I'd tweak only a few positions in the top 10.

1. Chelsea - they look like the most consistently strong team in the EPL right now, January will show however whether it'll come easy or will they have to struggle for it.
2. Man Utd - once they get their defence back, they'll jump right for the first, but come slightly short.
3. Arsenal - I want them to win, but they'll come slightly short due to inexperience and lack of offensive finishing due to injuries.
4. Man City - they'll bounce back thanks to the rejuvenation that Mancini will bring.
5. Aston Villa - a great season for Villa, but that extra 10% is missing for a top 4 finish.
6. Everton - they'll bounce back as well, once the injuries clear and Saha stays on form.
7. Tottenham - they'll keep showing inconsistent results and lose important points. 5th-8th places will most likely be within 6 points.
8. Liverpool - they'll keep trying, but other teams will crawl in front due to injuries clearing.
9. Fulham - Top 10 finish for them, focus on Europa league will drain them a bit.
10. Birmingham - they'll keep showing consistent results against the lower half and stick in the middle.

I'll go with these predicts
--What about the other half- City, Spurs, Villa.... They gonna' displace atleast one may be two of the big four!
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
My predictions for the final standings are    1. Chelsea  2. Man United  3. Arsenal  4. Liverpool
Charlie (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I don't think liverpool will finish in the top four. That last spot is a bit over crowded, with 3 maybe 4 teams fighting for it.

Liverpool don't have enough squad depth; if it wasnt for torres today, or this entire season, for that matter, where would they be?
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
But That's not the case, Torres is with us. To keep him away from injuries, rafa must spend wisely this transfer window. The way Rafa's uses this transfer window will reflect liverpool's fate
Happy Holidays everyone! LETS KEEP THIS thread alive!
Looking at the turn of events in the EPL, this season gets set for a great climax!
With each team getting into groove at the turn of the year, its too unpredictable who is gonna' take home the premiership. Honestly I don't think anyone can be sure of how the TOP 7 will look at the end.
We're half way through but WHO IS gonna' BE THE champion TEAM, the league leaders chels have their share of problems with top players going for Afro cup for a month and other big four teams catching up real fast in addition to the quartet of Man City(mega arab dinars), Tottenham, A Villa (the most effective sides of epl) and Birmingham(bringing the surprise).
Whatever it is we are here to witness all the action, thank you all for being such sportive.
MErry XMAS and Happy new year ! AND GIVE YOUR BET THIS season ' \/ '

Kick4Life - changing lives through football