Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Pre-game Predictions: Man Utd Vs Chelsea, April 2010
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
The battle that everyone has been waiting for! Man Utd will get a big a breathing space if this battle is won, and chelsea, will finall gain No 1 spot that they have lost recently. But the main reason I am here is who do you think will win. Saturday April 3rd can't come any quicker!

Also a sidenote: Who will outscore who Drogba or Rooney?
Listen TO YOUR brain NOT YOUR heart! Please think before you say 23 neil,
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I'm picking 1-0 to united. Both teams are in great form and there is usually nothing between them just down to who performs on the day. This I think united 1-0 with the home advantage.

I'm picking fletcher or rooney for the goal
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
2-1 for chelsea. After spanking Villa hard, I think chelsea will keep their momentum.
Drogba, Lampard for the blues and Rooney for the Red Devils
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
This proves that I'm really a sick bastard in making predictions!

Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
You and me both, well done
Dachelser (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I actually thought 2-1 and I put a thing on facebook saying that it would be 2-1 thought malouda and lamps would score but machedas goal was such a handball
Keong (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I'm happy with 1 point though! Lol
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I think United will pick up some bruises against Bayern Munich today. Gaal has said he can pacify Wayne Rooney, and if he can, that leaves goal scoring to a midfield that will also be fighting it's way forward. Chelsea just has to sit back, and see what happens.

The actual day of the match, I want to edge it for Chelsea, but don't know if they can. If their display at Villa was an indication, I give it to Chelsea 3-2. But if they somehow forget about that goal fiesta, it will be a 2-2 tie
I disagree on the basis that Wayne Rooney is now hurt, and most of United lost their cool against Bayern! It's going to be a long trip back for United now...
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I kind of 100 percent agree with Adamaus. 1-0 is an inevitable result. Chelsea are sparkling but a draw with Blackburn away isn't promising to face the team one point above them. But I think the Blues will have a good go at them. But with the home advantage and rooney's form, I just think United can't lose. Chelsea however can't afford to lose, but in my ungrateful eyes they will :\
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
The Rooney injury turns the entire thing on its head. I know United fans always claim that their team is full of Rooneys, but lets be brutally honest. Without Rooney this season, the team would have struggled. Rooney has scored 26 goals in the league this season, more than twice the amount of the next highest (Berbatov, 12). The next highest is Valencia, with five. Berbatov has picked up some form recently, but for the last few seasons he has been peripheral, uninterested. Owen used to be good, but he's injured too I believe.

Of course, if the injury to Rooney isn't that bad, then the above means nothing.

What we can relish this weekend is two giants of the English game coming together in what is arguably a title decider, both at the peak of their form. I think the managers decisions will be absolutely crucial. Ferguson made a bit of a blunder tactically against Bayern, so he'll be aware of that.

Totally agree with Ant.

Even when he doesn't score, he draws the defence and creates other opportunities to score for United. The defence can spread out more, then, and defend better. The spearhead is gone from United.

Without him involved, it's basically 12 factors for each team; the starting 11's, and the managers. Those will decide who will win.

Of course right now there's also fear that Rooney could miss the World Cup with this injury, so we will see if he's even capable of playing come game day. I'd feel bad if he missed the WC, but not so much if he misses a game or two
Fromtheisland (Toronto) 4 years ago
United should call up my boy Macheda, play him at 65-70 min depending on whats goin on
Oh please no Macheda. He has done things to other teams before.
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I want chelsea to beat united only 'cause then they can afford to lost againts us.... And still win the premiership    Bias much?
Yes, sergio ramos, very biased, lol
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Lol yes I'm guilty
I got Chelsea this year in the epl, even though they slipped up in champions league. United just lost a heartbreaker to Munich and Rooneys status is uncertain. I almost wouldnt even risk playing Rooney. Give him some rest and for the next leg of champions league and pof course for all you English
Also I don't like Berbatov and don't think he can hack all that pressure
Saumilsachdeva (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Well for me.... ManU should lose.... 3 titles in a row are enough.... But not 4 !

And also Chelsea is a better team.... ManU without Ronaldo is nothing !
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Well there more than liverpool so
You are looking at no Rooney for 2-4 weeks. As Ant said, your team does not play the same football without him, United. He could miss Chelsea, Blackburn, Man City, and maybe Spurs if that estimate isn't good enough. He will miss the Munich second leg. You guys are in hot water.

But! It at least gives you a chance to prove that you can do it without Rooney.
Remember this time in last season that the new sensation kid named macheda was born? I hope the wonder kid shine again especially life without rooney!
He shined, unfortunately he was playing American Football at the time.
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
The rooney absense doesn't give chelsea an advantage.... It only levels the playing field. Lets not forget, we're missing a large portion of our squad, most notably essien and ashley cole. This will be one good game I think. I expect a draw or a win for chelsea though. Lamps, drogba, and malouda have been exceptional lately
I think it depends alot on how ferguson wants to play, if he is playing an offensive game via winning with more goals, I don't think they have a chance and how carlo wants to play, I think if he takes advantage of rooney injury, a win is verly likely for us
BNetworks (Chelsea) 4 years ago
If Chelsea were still in the champions league, there is a high possibility that we would have had additional injury woes as the competition for the last 8 heats up. They have been clearly this week when Rooney and Fabregas picked up some form of injuries. Having said so, this could also be blessing in disguise but if Ancelotti doesn't get his gameplan right, we may be due for an upset this weekend as Chelsea's away form has not been overly exceptional.

As it is now with the right plan, I am looking at a 2-1 Chelsea win at OT
Man utd will use the 4-5-1 system when vs chesea, without rooney it's pretty hard to score as berbatov is not as lethal then wazza.... I'm happy with 1 point though!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football