Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Post Your Footy Skills Vids!
Livethreelions (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Hey guys,
Here is a short video of me training and hitting a volley. I'm not great at juggling and fancy tricks (I'd like to think of myself more of Michael Carrick then Ronaldo!) so here is something I can do well.

Mod Edit: - See the embedded video a few posts below! (Ant)
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ay good strike there! You are very relaxed and controlled before you strike it and keep it down well. It is very easy to strike a volley quite hard when it is(close) to a still ball in the air, as in it is just bouncing. So you don't need to have much momentum with your leg. And when a ball has a lot of pace like that, it will just take off from your boot like a rocket. You just got to guide it to the right spot ala the corner, great hit man. You obviously know this as you execute it very well. I just cringe when I see someone winding up to swing at the ball with all their force when a ball is coming in from a cross, you just know they are going to miss the ball entirely or put it into the nose bleeders. You just have to make solid contact and the ball will do all the work for you, this is the magic of volleys
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
The Video Embedded

Fantastic control to kill the ball dead in one touch, and the volley was just about perfect
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 4 years ago
Very good you have the technique that must have taken a couple goes to get that right
Thanks you all! - especially Ant for embedding the video for me! As I've said earlier, I'm not much of a juggler or a maestro of the step-over, but I've always taken pride in my first touch (especially in the air) and my strikes. I appreciate all of the feedback! At this point, I better well have my touch down as I've been playing for 19 years!
Hey guys, here is another short video my girlfriend took of me at a tournament last year. It's just short highlights of the 2-day tournament. (Ant, if you don't mind, please embed this! -Thanks!)

Mod Edit - Embedded below (Ant)
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Wow your really fast
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Too good!
Samreds8 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Man, you are very good, that volley was awesome and you had almost perfect control, you are really good man, keep up the good work. You are already very good
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
That volley was a nice goal! You're already really good, that goal in the second video was good too
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
Yog you remember we made that video up, it's really acting. Before the vid Yog planned it out and he said that I was supposed to get nutmegged in the vid, so don't think he's a skilful as he looks
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
What the hell Ben don't try to shy away from getting embarassed, because that is a pure nasty excuse, anyway I was good skill so don't even try.

Oh and Ant: I would love to see yours!
I'm confused who is telling the truth ahhhhhh!
Me and AyyamS5 might do one but I have to ask him first...
Wow I'm dead surprised ManUK was only 11 in that video but seriously, all those tricks are safe! I don't think I could do that at my age but I'll have a go and post a video in as soon as I can. And whoever made this sticky, good job (assuming it was Ant) because we need to get those videos posting!
No worries, hopefully we get a few more.come on folks, if you have a video of yourself kicking around a football and showing skills then post it up here! Even link to it somewhere else, and I can try and embed it.

If you don't have a video of yourself, then get out there and make one! We'd love to see your footy moves
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 4 years ago
Here is the highlight video of me, made by my uncle, while I was playing youth 18 footy.

Mod Edit: - See a few posts below for embedded video (Ant)

Link: video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1366061089054786...
I cannot quite see which is you at times
Hahaha! I know it is bad quality, but I am goalkeeper...
That first save on the header is class man. You look like a great keeper, pretty tall eh? That is a good quality to have as a goalkeeper, thanks for showing us the video
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
How Tall I;m wondering? 6'5" like david james?
6' 6" actually, my whole family played volleyball, I am like a rejected for choosing footy! Love it though! Thanks...
Video Embedded

Wow the first save was awesome. Great reflex
Agreed Good reflexes and the height makes a good keeper
BigShel (Philadelphia Union) 3 years ago
Velja (no Joke) please move to Philadelphia my team needs a sure handed keeper! In case Philadelphia is not an option I wish you the best in your footy career
VeljaSrbin (FK Partizan Beograd) 3 years ago
Thanks for good word Shel. I actually played NCAA soccer for four years, in Division II for Dowling College in New York. Won NCAA title in 2006, and played championship finals in 2008. Unfortunately Philadelphia did not have a team in MLS at the time I was finishing my college career! It was good times though, got a lot of respect for US soccer, which is underestimated in Europe, if you ask me
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
"Makes the goal look small", you getting some good compliments from the commentator Nemanja. Well done.
You should have stayed and played for Red Bulls or some other MLS club. Lol
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Nice save for the first one!
I got invited for some try outs, but I would have to quit the school (would loose scholarship in that case) and I played with fractured foot for three months, so I needed a rest for couple of months. No regrets though, enjoyed playing college soccer
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Good stuff Velja
Tdsmufan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
It's watching Iker NJK!
I had to dig around to find this old vid of myself but I finally did.

Some people know I said I could get to over a thousand in juggling. Well I wasn't kidding

Edit: Video embedded by Ant a few posts below

BTW I didn't do a thousand in the video obviously
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Cool tricks bro!
Sweet video man, you got the control to juggle it 1000 times. I like the little move where you wrap your right leg around your left and hit the ball with your heel, cheeky. I will try and get my hands on a video camera and put up a video Great post Yogan, and good stuff Kaden dig the tricks. How tall are you just wondering?
This was fantastic, thanks for posting it! Great skill! I loved the very last trick, dropping the shoulder a few times and faking. Good job

I just embedded it here to save people following links
Haha Lol Thanks guys and Rari I'm actually I'm about 5'9" but in that video I look about 5' don't I

Edit: I just found out that I was 11 in that video, since then I've had injuries though so I'm Not so good D:
Was gonna' add- that ronaldo foot thingy is awesome. As I cannot do it lolz
You were only 11 in that video? Cool man, I am sure you have only gotten better, at least your touch. Like I've said earlier, no where near that good when I was 11 haha. Very uncoordinated still, and I usually played defence at that time. But could probably only juggle the ball twenty times or so
P. S: ManUK you said you could do a thousand - maybe you were kidding! The highest in that video was the first round and you only got 27. Tomorrow after school I'll record me doing some
@ManUK there is NO way you can do one thousand  Good skills anyway
Hey.... I didn't say I did a thousand in that video I had a few more years to practice after that Lol
Haha I am giving him my backing, those were some good stuff, and he was only 11
I know haha You people expect me to be able to do a thousand when I am 11? A bit mad no?
I'm so good I don't even need a football
What? Lol I have no idea how that's possible
Joeymac (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Very nice man, you would own me lol
LyverBird (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Nice skills! If you were not using a 2kg ball you would do some better things;
Wow, nice video, you are very good, you showd some really good skills there, and you were only 11! Great job man, you are very good and that would be awesome if you could get to 1000.
Good luck
Tdsmufan (Manchester United) 2 years ago
WOW, awesome skillz man!
[account-removed] 3 months ago
I can do that too!  
Lool I might actually film something    But dunno what to do, even if I do like 8 around the worlds, someone else is bound to top me D:
Hey guys, since none of us are brave enough (except me and Alen and Omar, and now Sergio Ramos, Pragathish and ManUK) to reveal our faces, I decided to make a topic where we don't neccesarily show our faces, but show our skills. They can be keepy-uppies in the street, a compilation of your skills for you team or in training, or just at home, having a kick about - but make sure they are worthey of "The Skill Factor". They can even be tutorials if you want - but you have to include yourself in the video

I'll start us off with a bit of skill I did on Derby22 in the street, for our competition entry. I swear down with no fingers crossed this was not meant to happen. It was of course supposed to be a longer but but I accidentily put the ball through Ben's legs. What was supposed to happen was he was going to save it and run away and score a goal for himself. But it all went wrong - and made me look good! Just happened that the battery went dead from the camera after that (plus the amount of video recording time left had ended aswell because we lost the memory card) and we couldn't be bothered to recharge it and film it again! N/B: My brother Sam (liverpoolsam7) was filming.

Here's the video:

(Another note, if you didn't read the intro - I'm the one scoring!)

P.S: The reason I started celebrating and then stopped was because of course it wasn't supposed to happen, but it was great skill and a beautiful finish!

Now post your own!
Loooooool nutmeg?
Well I'm impressed your quite good at footy for your age like the celebration
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Hahahaha nice one yogan!
Haaaha nice Yogan, cool video. I like the look you give each other after you score haha. Impressive skills though when I was that age, I couldn't do half that stuff
Perrygarl (FC Seoul) 4 years ago
Some of the best moves are the ones you don't expect, they just happen naturally, good vid mate
Nice goal! The step overs looked really cool Btw well done on making this sticky!
LyverBird (Liverpool) 3 years ago
LOL, this is a funny vid
That's some good stuff, you were young and still that good, nice job man, you are very good and a good video too
ArsenalForever8 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Nice skill!
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Fergie fergie sign him up

Kick4Life - changing lives through football