Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Now Where Are Those Who Said Torres Was Worth 50 Mil But Carroll Was Not 35
Lifeguard 3 years ago
I found this quite handy in determining how much each player has actually contributed to their new teams, have a look:

Link: www.hasandycarrollscoredforliverpool.com/...

Link: www.hasfernandotorresscoredforchelsea.com/...
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
Hahahaha, Roman is looking to buy those sites
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Neither are worth the money spent on them
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Overpriced talents in this ridiculous market
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Well you can determine yet. We have to wait and see. So far Torres has been disappointing
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Your right, we can't judge to soon. Carroll looks promising but Torres has proved he's not a 50m player. They're both good players, but still massively overpriced. Roman could have bought a fleet with that 50m
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Well if carrol has potential then what stops torres? If torres scores 3 belters againts West Brom it'll be the other way round
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
When Torres finally scores, please remind me to create a thread on how he is now worth 50m? Lol. 1 game, or goal does not determine if he's worth the price or not.... Even freaking Heskey had some good games haha; he is going to be at Liverpool for at least the next 4 years, and then we will all see if he truly is worth the money or not.
Ps: not saying it has to be 4 years, can prove his worth next season even.... But surely not after 1 good game imo...
1 goal? Carroll has scored 11 times this season with the average level Newcastle. Get him better service and he will deliver more.
I mentioned Heskey as in someone who uses his physical strength to help the other forward in the team score and I mentioned Crouch for offering assists with his head. So Carroll doesn't really need to score himself. But he does, so that adds up to his value.

And in four years, Torres would be considered old. Carroll could be close to his peak. (Of course, unless Carroll screws up with some crazy behavior on or off the pitch.)
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Aye I know what he did at Newcastle, but really I'm just replying based on the title of this article: "Now Where Are Those Who Said Torres Was Worth 50 Mil But Carroll Was Not 35 - and my reply was that we will all know as his Liverpool career goes on whether he is worth the price, not after 1 game.... Simples
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Well Torres games:10 goals:0 Carroll Games:4 Goals:2 and he has scored more goals this season than Torres
This time Liverpool played it very smartly. They got rid of Torres and made Chelsea pay for Carroll.

As I have said it before, Carroll combines the attributes of Heskey and Crouch and if everything goes right, he has a guaranteed place in the history of English football

Kick4Life - changing lives through football