Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Now Where Are Those Who Said Torres Was Worth 50 Mil But Carroll Was Not 35
BoboRed (Leeds United) 5 years ago
Torres is now just 2/1 not to score a goal before the end of the season with the bookies
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Look at liam, he's back and kicking ass.    Lol whats the odds for him scoring against west brom? Lmfao.
BoboRed (Leeds United) 5 years ago
He's 2/1 to score against the Baggies!
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I hope he does score against them it would relieve some of the pressure on him
Sergio 5 years ago
Simple. Chelsea should have brought in a player that would help the strikers, not another one. For example if they had brought aguero, he woulda paired differently with drogba, he isn't the best striker but his link up play would have worked with chelsea
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
It's somewhat hard to judge because Chelsea bought a player that is terribly out of form, but he is a proven goal scorer and still has enormous potential for the club. That being said if he doesn't get his confidence back and the situation just keeps getting worse, it may snowball and Torres will never get back to what he truly can be. There may also be a little something called Karma involved in all this, but I am not holding anything against Torres anymore. Although on my black Carlsberg Liverpool kit I did peel his name off the back so it just has a number 9 took me hours. I think he will prove himself though at Chelsea, just a matter of character and confidence. Although when he came to Liverpool he started scoring immediately, I believe his first was against Chelsea, c'est la vie. Hugely different atmosphere though, one of positivity and excitement at Liverpool, expectations and resentment at Chelsea.

As for Carroll he looks to be a cracking player, super excited to see him get his first goal for England than a couple weeks later bag a brilliant brace for Liverpool. 35 million is a lot but he just needs to keep working hard and trying to improve under the King and goals will keep coming. Hopefully he and Luis and Stevie G can form a great understanding and chemistry, we could be amazing going forward next season. If we win the title next season, or any trophy, yes he is worth the money

Kick4Life - changing lives through football