GunnarH (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Puyol
PuyolIsSlow (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Surfryn89 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Puyoll is really slow what a horrible pick
Surfryn89 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Puyoll is really slow what a horrible pick
Andylim (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Actually, for his age, he may be right.... Puyol is surprisingly fast for a 30 year old center back.

(from wiki with it's sources)
According to Barcelona's head doctor, Puyol is "the strongest, who has the quickest reactions, and who has the most explosive strength. "

Explosive strength is what we're looking for here, and explosive strength he has....
That means he has faster reactions and more initial sprinting speed than one of the faster forwards in the world.... Messi....
Yazwa08 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Gotta' be Onuoha, Daniel alves, Ashley Cole, Philip Lahm,
Jeroen (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Centre backs, not full backs or wing backs
Laroja2010 (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Terry and Sergio Ramos are amongst the tops
HangTime (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Disagree on Terry. He is not that fast
GraymanCFC (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Ya terry isn't fast
GraymanCFC (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I think bruma has some pace
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Not so sure about bruma but I know for sure Terry isn't that fast anymore
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
He ain't fast but skillfull for a centre D    Sergio Ramos is a full back by the way
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
A few of you can't read or something, because he said centerbacks
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Thiago silva
I remembered I look at the players' speed in Fifa 11. If those are accurate.... Vidic is a top one with Ramos if you consider him a centerback. My brother created a team that consist of Rooney, Torres, and someone else up top. So I needed fast centerbacks and I put Ramos and Vidic at the back. I even tried putting Essien back there
Andylim (Barcelona) 3 years ago
It's hard to tell.... Centerbacks don't usually do sprinting, i'd lean towards the younger center backs in the world like Luiz, Thiago Silva, Pique, Ruano just because they are young and will have more sprinting energy.

Like I said, sprinting speed isn't really a centerback's weapon
Yea mostly center backs require strength or size
Folabad (AC Milan) 3 years ago
I got to say, thiago silva is one of the fastest if not the fastest centre back, along with Lucio & Puyol. I wouldn't really say Pique is fast, I would rather say he's strong enough to surge forward, and also stop fast attackers before they start running. Pique doesn't pursue [C.] ronaldo or tries to pursue him like we've seen already, he is only smart enough to predict ronaldo's movement & stop him before he takes off
DaGaza (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Dede from vasco da gama.... Some of you may not know him but he is a great centreback and really fast always helping in attack.... Lucio could be one because he is really fast especially for his age
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Luiz, Thiago Silva, 2 that come to my mind
Theo (Chelsea) 3 years ago
David Luiz is the fastest Center back imo, then maybe Carvalho lol (well he used to be fast, don't know how he is at Madrid) that is all I know
David luiz is quite a fast center back, even though I've only seen play a couple of matches he posses a good amount of speed. Although CB's really don't really need posses a great deal of pace to be good at what they do
Rockerr (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Apart from Luiz and thiago silva, Nedum Onuoha and Micah Richards are also pretty fast.
Daniel agger also has good speed not the fastest though
Laurent Koscielny proved from the game against Barcelona that he is a fast center back. He surprised me when he raced Messi a few times for the ball
Koscielny has deffo got a good amount of pace for a CB

Kick4Life - changing lives through football