Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Most-Hated Football Players In The World
Intermaniax1 (Inter Milan) 2 years ago
Where is Busquets?  Materrzzi is loved in all italy I don't know why you putted him in here. Only french hate him
Somere (Portmore Utd) 2 years ago
Never read from that site. They never have any reasoning behind the things they write
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I'm going to call you out on this, only because you made it sound like you wrote the piece.

Link: bleacherreport.com/articles/887983-50-most-hated-f...

A lot of it is word for word. Best to link to the article that you got the info from and say "Here is an awesome article I read about the most hated footballers" not "I'll attempt to name some of the most-hated footballers"
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
You can't copy/paste mate, its against site rules, and will affect fan valuation
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Lol Juno
Vaishnav (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I'll attempt to name some of the most-hated footballers of all time in this article, unfortunately I know the EPL very well so in my list there are mostly EPL players,sorry about that but you guys can always add some more. Cheers guys

1. Cristiano Ronaldo

Ronaldo is one of the most talented and technically gifted player in the world. His ability to mysteriously fall over when his opponent breathes in his direction is an annoyance to many, as is his apparent arrogance. During the 2006 World Cup, he played a part in the sending off of England's Wayne Rooney, who was a fellow Manchester United player at the time. It was Rooney's indiscipline which saw him get the red card, but Ronaldo was caught winking to the bench afterwards. He got abuse from his own fans, as well as those of every other Premier League team after that. Also known as the Dive King

2. Wayne Rooney

No doubt Rooney is very talented player, but he makes it easy for opposing fans to hate him. He has a nasty and aggressive streak to his game,tugging shirts,elbowing,dangerous tackles. Also known as the Shrek

3. Joey Barton

When Barton was at Manchester City, he attacked his team mate Ousmane Dabo in training and almost gouged his eye out. At times, his tackling is downright dangerous, but he often seems to get away with it, as his opponents then see red for their reactions. Just like in the case of Gervinho, he got sent off because of Barton.

4. Carlos Tevez

He got his dream move to Manchester United but after just 2 years he left them for their fierce rivals Manchester City. Last summer, he stated that he didn't want to play for City ever again, as he wanted to be closer to his family. No suitable offer came in for him, and he had to stay at City for another season. Only a few weeks ago, he refused to come on as a substitute for City against Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
He is seen by fans as a greedy player who earns an absolute fortune and still isn't happy with his lot.

5. Mark Van Bommel

In the 2010 World Cup final, he somehow managed to stay on the pitch despite a one-man campaign to kick every single Spanish player. The fans find it hard to comprehend how the officials miss what is obvious to almost everybody watching the game. It's made him a very obvious hate figure to the fans of any team he plays against for club or country. He has also made some very dangerous tackles.

6. Nemanja Vidic

Vidic just can't help himself when it comes to holding players at corners or set pieces. If there's a controversial incident when United are defending, you can be sure Vidic will have a part to play in it.

7. Diego Maradona

In the 1986 world cup, the quarterfinal against England, he scored one of the greatest goals in the history of the competition, but he's remembered for his other goal in that game. The other goal was of course described by him as "the hand of God," when he beat English keeper Peter Shilton to the ball by using his hand. For some people he can be describe as a legend but for english fans,just a cheater! Maradona has had plenty of other controversies following him in his career, such as drug abuse, shooting at journalists and brushes with death.

8. Robbie Savage

9. Roy Keane

Link: youtu.be/p_st29mlQwU

Keane is famous for his tackle on Alf-Inge Haaland, which was said to have ended the Leeds United's player's career. In Keane's warped mind he owed Haaland something because Haaland had been involved in an incident where Keane had suffered a serious injury. Haaland's only involvement in that incident was to get in the way of a very bad tackle by Keane, which backfired and injured Keane.
He was also a very dirty player when he wanted to be, and he often crossed a line with opponents.

10. Ryan Shawcross

11. El Hadji Diouf

Diouf has been followed by allegations of spitting at opponents and opposing fans at almost every club he has played for. If there is a row on the pitch during a game involving Diouf, the chances are he will be at the centre of it. During his nine years in English football he has rarely been far from any controversial incidents in any game he has played.

12. Nigel De Jong

Nigel de Jong is one of those players who always puts the boot in, but somehow or other gets away with it. In 2010 alone, he broke the legs of both Bolton's Stuart Holden and Newcastle's Hatem Ben Arfa.
In the 2010 World Cup final, he was on a personal crusade to stop the magnificent Spanish team playing football, and he even admitted after the game that he was lucky not to be sent off after a chest-high challenge on Xabi Alonso. He should in the next Kung Fu Panda

13. Marco Materazzi

Marco is a master of the sliding tackle, where the ultimate aim is to catch his opponent and not actually win the ball but taking opponents out with terrible challenges, elbows or any other means possible to view on line.
He became famous in the 2006 World Cup final when Zinedine Zidane was seen head-butting him in the chest after he had apparently insulted either his mother or his sister. Materazzi was seen as the villain of the piece. Also known as the Drama Queen

14. Luis Suarez

He became a villain at the 2010 World Cup when his last-minute handball prevented Ghana from beating Uruguay in the quarter finals, and his team went on to win the game on penalties. During his time in Holland with Ajax, he also courted controversy when he was suspended for biting an opponent in a game and was also suspended by Ajax for a fight with a teammate at halftime in another game. Moreover in the EPL now there are some disciplinary actions for the racists claims by Evra and the middle finger he showed at the fulham game.

Vaishnav (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Sorry guys some of the pictures didn't appear well, guess I didn't copy and paste the pictures well. Sorry about that, I'm sure I forgot some most hated and bad boys also, so just add on

Kick4Life - changing lives through football