Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Most Famous/Important/Memorable Own Goals!
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
We've all seen own goals, but which are the few that you can still recall whenever the topic is presented? The really memorable ones where the team could have won something big if not for it.... Please show some videos for them too....
Shoot!
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Sigh.... Riise....  
Lfc4life (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Tats te reason why he's gone
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Why did he head it, he could have just cleared it with his foot. I was going more nuts then phil thompson here

Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Who was that? Unlucky.... I guess he tried to clear it...
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
Lol haha
Ben (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Ibra style goal scored by Lars Ovrebo from Moss a 2nd division team from Norway.

Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Why would he even try to that. That's what you do if you are trying to score
Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
That's pretty dumb
Yashan (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I know this is not the most famous or most important own goal but is definately one of the most memorable ones

Lfc4life (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Haha noone will forget that
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 5 years ago
I'd say this is the most infamous own goal because it led to the murdering of the player. After Colombia lost the game and some drug lords apparently lost some money on it, they decided to kill Andres Escobar for the own goal upon his return to his country.

Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 5 years ago
This one isn't even famous, but it's worth getting a mention since it is probably the first own goal from a penalty, and what a goal I must say.... Blasted it.

Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Stunning finish, top corner with power, sign up that player immediately but point him the other direction
This was a cracker - an astounding show of skill and a headed lob of the keeper. Shame it was an own goal

This was just so weird it was memorable. Watch til the end to see a great replay of the ball jumping

Samdagooner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Peter Enckleman - Funny thing is if he hadn't touched it the goal wouldn't have stood and it was against their bitter and most hated rivals Birmingham City

What a goal.

Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Hannover 96 is entered in the Guinness Book of Records. In 1963, three goals against his side had already been registered but not by the same team
Three goals against a side in the same match. Hannover 96 has set a record Saturday in the Bundesliga for Borussia Monchengladbach (5-3), at the 16 th day. There had been three goals scored in this manner November 9, 1963 during the first season in Game 1. FC Kaiserslautern - VfB Stuttgart (1-3), but not by the same team ....

Tunisia's Karim Haggui for its part is now at 25 years the 6th player in Bundesliga history to "get" a double against his own goalkeeper Florian Fromlowitz, 23, who succeeded Robert Enke, who died tragically. He joined because Dieter Bast Dieter Pulte, Gerd Zimmermann, Per Roentved and Nikolce Noveski, Mainz defender who signed this feat in 3 minutes November 19, 2005 against Eintracht Frankfurt (2-2).

The Ivorian Constant Djakpa, 23, has also misled the vis-à-vis Logan Bailly devant43.528 spectators Saturday at Borussia Park.

Manfred Kaltz, former right back to Hamburg and the German national team, is meanwhile record holder with 6 goals scored against his side during his (great) career ....

Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Look at this fool :  
SirStig (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Why did he do that? Lmao
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I live in charleroi lol, I saw that game. In fact the player thought the referee had whistled. The goalkeeper touches the ball hand outside of its rectangle. So the defender thought he had a free kick. But the referee did not whistle the fault of hand lol. So the defender of rage draws his goal in mind that the game is stopped
SirStig (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Oh lol, now it makes more sense haha, I still don't think he should have kicked into his own net regardless of his anger, at least blast into the crowd
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yeah, I remember that one but I can never find a video for it. Here's two from the 90's. Both great finishes!

Tony Popovic with a nice little flick

And Lee Dixon, who had checked where his goalie was, stopped the ball and still managed to lob the England 'keeper Seaman! His Right Back position for England should have been dropped

Unfortunately they didn't mean anything really, and weren't "last gasp" but they were "memorable"!

Funny thread
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 4 years ago
Recep is former Besiktas SK footballer
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I didn't want to start a new thread, so here it is.

I wonder if any of you guys so the clamorous Swansea's own goal in their match against Derby.

Not the goal itself, but the action that led to it. Swansea were practically attacking their own net. Amazing. I wonder if I can find a clip.

Oh, here it is:

Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Who's Own Goal is it?

Mellberg or Enckleman the Legend

Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
I actually feel sorry for him lol
Enckleman was known for his casual-GK mistakes, but that miscontrol was the cherry on the cake!
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Well, since this thread is alive again, I wanna share this beautiful (and completely random) own goal scored by a Hajduk Split player last season.

Cloudst 3 years ago
Was that an attempt to clear or just help for the opposing side
Ah ah nice one!  I think the defender tried to clear the ball, in a desperate attempt to get the ball off the striker

Kick4Life - changing lives through football