Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Most Famous/Important/Memorable Last Gasp Goals!
Thomas1978 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Good thread.

My list as follows:

1) Man Utd v Bayren in 1999, who can deny this is probably the most crucial one. Furthermore, there were not just one but two last gasp goals.

2) Iniesta v Chelsea - A great finish and I do think Barca deserve it for never giving up. CHelsea did have lots of chances in the 2nd leg but they were far superior in the 1st leg.

3) Stevie G vs West Ham in 2006 - The goal that forced the game into extra time and what a goal it was. A real belter from 30 yards.

===

Link: lets-talk-soccer.blogspot.com

Please do support and follow my blog. Thanks guys.
Riggs (Manchester United) 5 years ago
#1 will send shivers up your spine every time
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I agree with urs
Dede75 (PSG) 5 years ago
Recently obviously Iniesta VS Chelsea. Before Zidane Vs Leverkusen UEFA Champions League Final !
[account-removed] 5 years ago
Gerrrrraaarrrd OHH YOU beautttyy! WHAT A HIT SON, WHAT A HIT! Liverpool 3-1 olypiacos
Yes spot on that one is simply the best. No one can beat that
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Yeah, it's Andy Gray again
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
One of my favourite was Kakà goal(s) against Manchester United !
The second is simply the best !

Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Was this a last second goal?
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Yes, this was the seconde goal of Kakà, I saw that on live ! Incredible !
You have to put that Goal with the context of the game.... During the uefa champions 2007-2008 !
This 2 goals were very important !
Dempsey (Fulham) 5 years ago
Yes it was his 2nd goal but this thread is about the closing moments of the game. This goal was scored in the 37'. You couldve posted Rooney's goal in this game which was scored in the 90th minute that won United the game. It was a very very good game with 3 superb goals

Yashan (Manchester United) 5 years ago
How about Wayne Rooney bringing the Arsenal's record unbeaten run to a halt as a teenager:

Arsenal fans, look away now!
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Haha he even hated arsenal then
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Yeah it was on his 17th birthday, what a great goal. This goal may have just caught Man Utd's attention into buying him
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I remember that. Didn't think he was gonna' turn out that brilliant though
For me has to be champions league final 98. What a final. The last two minutes 2 goals to round of the treble. Then Iniesta against Chelsea was also vital. His also kinda rounded up the treble. Mellor vs Arsenal was cool. Last minute hitza
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Marseille vs Montpellier 5 a 4 (saison 98/99)
Marseille was led 0 - 4 at half-time. In the second half-time they are going to manage to mark 5 goals and to win this match! It is incredible

Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Incredible comeback kids
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Last season. Manchester united v aston villa. I was listening to bbc radio - 90th minute I almost cried with disbeliefe that macheda scored. I was feeling really low D:
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Manchester city comback against spurs in the 2003/04 FA Cup. Final score: 4-3

Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Oh and I forgot to mention that city started the second half not only three goals down but with 10 men after barton got himself sent off
Stand up and be counted, Lee Chung-Yong! Scored the winner against Birmingham for Bolton....

Ok.... Fine, it wasn't the last minute of the match, but was pretty damn close and pretty damn important....
Haules (Chelsea) 5 years ago

Liverpool v. West Ham 2006
The FA Cup final
Steven Gerrard
Haules (Chelsea) 5 years ago
England v. Greece 2001
World Cup Qualifiers
David Beckham

Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Dennis Bergkamp vs. Argentina 1998 world cup

Docdre99 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Remember :

1990 : David Platt puts England through to the Quarter Finals of the World Cup scoring a memorable volley in the very last minute of the Extra-Time against belgium.

1995 : C3 final : Arsenal - Saragosse ! 1-1 but an phenomenal goal at the end of prolongations !

Eriburto (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
FIFA Confederations USA v ESP (2:0)

After Germany 2006, I was ashamed to call myself a fan of the US national team. I think that this is a prime example of just how far we've come since then. Spain was ranked 1st in the world if I recall. In my opinion it shows that the US can play with just about anyone in the world--even if we did choke against Brazil. But come June 12th, if we play consistent soccer, we'll be ready for England. Either way we stand a strong chance in advancing to the knockout stage.
Eriburto (Real Madrid) 4 years ago

Kick4Life - changing lives through football