Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Most Famous/Important/Memorable Last Gasp Goals!
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
They are always exciting and incredible to watch (if your supporting the scoring team), but also disappointing and despairing at the same time (if your supporting the conceding side)....
The best are shown here, the ones where it seems all hope is lost until.... OMG.... They Scored! Filled with Elation everywhere! Please include videos if possible....
Let it rip!
The most recent....  
JosiahsOnFire (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Literally one of the greatest moments of my life...
Moocow111 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I say that is one of the greatest moments I've ever seen in a match of football. I almost cried that day
JosiahsOnFire (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Same man! I nearly broke my iphone and I injured my dog during the wild celebrations in my house
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Yeah one of the best games i've ever watched
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
I remember Drogba at the end of the match: "This is discgrace.... F.... Discgrace !" lol
Despite it was a very good game, I prefer Essien's Goal. But that one was so unexcepected.... That's why he is so magical !

Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hahaha I love this goal, chelasea were heading home lol, they deserved to win though but the fact is that I don't like them such a warm feeling
Vonrasmussen (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Geez, I loved this goal
Blooob (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Man what a game this was rember it like yesterday
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
What a goal!What a match!Still exciting and thrilling to watch this goal!
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
Great game that was and that goal was an amazing last-gasp goal from out the penalty area. The best bits were when he scored and the abseloutly massive pile-on at the end when everone was celebrating
Great game that was and that goal was an amazing last-gasp goal from out the penalty area. The best bits were when he scored and the abseloutly massive pile-on at the end when everone was celebrating
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Champions League semifinal (Iniesta) and Macheda against Villa
Dali (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Oooh, I must concure! That goal from Macheda was amazing
Me6666 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Machedas goal fantastic I broke the vase because of my jump
Me6666 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Oops sorry it keeps happenin I clik onece loads come can sum1 tell me how to stop this just leave a comment on my wall or reply here
Dhanasil (Manchester United) 4 years ago
That's a amazing goal from a little kiko
That was a great last gasp goal and the best bit was when they all had that massive pile-on celebration at the end
Tom (Manchester United) 5 years ago
1999 champions league final 2 stoppage time goals to give us the win

Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Yea bloody hell this one should have been first, I can't believe I'm seeing it third! . I can say that this would have to be the most important and memorable seeing as it was champions league final and in extra time
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Wow this game is on my birthday ! I remember this I watched the highlights on sky sports I hated unied the because of andy cole and dwight yorke how did those guys become good because if beckham and giggs!
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Forgot about this one.... Good stuff
Zach (Manchester United) 4 years ago
You are my Solskjaer my Ole Solskjaer,
You make me happy when skies are grey,
Oh Alan Shearer was f*****g dearer,
So Please don't take my Solskjaer away.

20legend

Surreal
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I didn't know Munchen hit the bar twice in this match, incredible finish, what an incredible game
Ossie (Liverpool) 4 years ago
This is one of my favorite matches ever, and also my favorite Manchester United squad. This was an instant classic from the time the first whistle blew. Giggs and Beckham two of the greatest wingers. What an awesome game!
Ninsane (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Most Famous/Important/Memorable Last Gasp Goals EVER!
It was Champions League Final, and the 2 goals came in the dying minutes.
This match changed my life
ArmstrongCPFC (Crystal Palace) 4 years ago
Nothing else beats this anywhere else in the world, just watching it still sends shivers down my back.... Best moment in football ever in my eyes.... As andy gray would say " you just couldn't write this script"
Kaizersoyze (Manchester United) 4 years ago
It can't get any better than this one. The best(est) last gasp goals ever scored!

The goals were not fabulous finishes but the timing and the tension makes this the most memorable come back EVER!
Great goals and great match in that video. Just great. That goal for united was an abseloute stunner! All the goals were awesome and the free-kick goal for bayern was cool too. Great last goal for united!
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
When I saw this, I truly couldn't believe it. The feel-good team of 2008.

I absolutely loved these 2 games! My favourites in the Euro 08! This defines the epicness of football!
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Turkey almost proved me right I was betting on them to reach the final and I remember watching them against Croatia I absolutely did not believe that they would score but they proved me wrong. I really hope they are in the world cup next year!
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
They even put up a really good fight against Germany in the Semis, I remember it was so nervewracking because the world feed was lost so we were stuck watching the germany fans outside the stadium watching the big screen.... So tense
VanPersie (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Amazing that turkey vs croatia game. When croatia scored I left to go to football practise then I got home and turned on the tv euro highlights and saw a penalty shoot out brtwee them. I thought whats going on here? I do not know how turkey saved that match it was amazing
Yeah turkey was great in the euro, I miss watching the games haha can't wait till the WC
Mohsink (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Ya Turkey was absolutely amazing those two games. Just goes to show you that you should never ever give up. I've downloaded the entire games for Turkey and I've watched them numerous amounts of times because it teaches us all to have hope. Turkish football is on the rise too
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
Since when has turkey been a good team! Turkey is horrible the way they play is not good at all! That was not skill in the Euro that was all luck! How could've petr cech dropped that cross! That was luck! They are the luckiest team i've ever seen!
Zishan07 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
The commentary for that game was just epic. Nihat's second goal was sweeeeeet too
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
I always like Czech Republic and Croatia and I felt Turkey just got lucky the two games. If not for Cech's mistake, Turkey wouldn't even had won. Same for the Croatian, I was watching the match, and I thought Croatia won it and went to sleep, just as I was about to close the tv, Turkey scored. The whistle should have gone, Turkey is way too lucky
For me, an australian, I can say that this way HUGE I mean australia isn't a football country by anything length of the imagination, but this match actually grasped the nations, I could say some huge percentage of the population was watching this match around pubs and homes everywhere.

It was to secure our place in our first olympics for something like 26 years, we then went on to sign Guus Hiddink and he took us through the group stage and on to versing Italy where we controversally lost as italy was given an unfair penalty, even the Referee apologised after the match. The day after the match, walking to school about 30 cars would have past me, every single won of them had an australian flag flying off it.

I thought it was to get in the world cup not the olympics
Woops my bad, don't know why I said olympics! Yea it was world cup
That was madness, like the commentator said, "Guus Hiddink is a legend". AND Schwarzer, how on earth did he saved the 4th penalty? It was high and Schwarzer just reacts so quickly and saved it, amazing
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Iniesta against Chelsea. And Sehim against Croatia. Gerrard against West Ham. And the 2 Man UTD goals againgst Bayern
Yidarmy4lyf (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
Bit b4 my time but its got to be arsenal and liverpool at the end of the 1989 season, when the winner would go on to win the league.
Liverpool went 2-0 up but arseanl fought ack and scored 2 in the last 5minutes, mental!
Wudnt be my favorite, but definatly most memorable & meant the most
Nah Uniteds comeback against Bayern is the most memorable & meant the most. We got 2 goals in added time to become champions of Europe that is bigger than being champions of England
Neonseong (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Korea vs Italy 02 WC

France vs Italy 00 Euro

Yashan (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I think Korea's goal would have been dramatic if not for the Totti's second yellow card for a "dive". One of the two disgraceful decisions that went Korea's way
What about early on at the game when Viera purposely elbowed one of Korea's player in the head? The ref didn't say anything about that. The game itself was conterversial it was hard for both sides because the ref would not call many obvious fouls. It was obvious though that Korea got a little help, it's just home field advantage.

This how far home field advantage can be. China was hosting the event
China = disgraceful foulers. They were trained young to slide tackle hard. In the recent Asian youth Olympics, you can see how many yellow card they got for tackling people, and it's U14
For me it is Riise. If he hadnt scored we would have been in the final. But it was that goal that put Chelsea in their first final in Champions League History
Yossi Benayoun's 2 injury time goals against Fulham and Arsenal really helped the team...
I was so close to ripping my own heart out, I couldn't believe Liverpool hit the post 4 times just in the first half
Damn woodwork!
TheReggular (Liverpool) 5 years ago
These are the big two for Reds supporters:

Liverpool vs. Olympiakos, '04/'05 Champions League Group Stage

Liverpool vs. West Ham, 2006 FA Cup Final

One of my favorite Gerrard goals in that Champions League game, and the 2nd one by him vs West Ham was amazing
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Thank you for these videos. I had forgotten the Olympiakos game. What a tournament
TheReggular (Liverpool) 5 years ago
LFC would have been dumped out at the group stage if it weren't for that goal, and they went on to win it that season. The final wasn't a bad game, either....
The goal agaisnt West ham was coming from heaven lol I though that we were finish and then a instant of magic came by I was screaming like hell that day lol great memories. Feels so good to be a liverpool fan sometimes
The goal agaisnt West ham was coming from heaven lol I though that we were finish and then a instant of magic came by I was screaming like hell that day lol great memories. Feels so good to be a liverpool fan sometimes
Amayel (PSG) 4 years ago
What mtch was that unbelivable.... Is this really happened ! I didn't remerber !
Where was I? I miss such game.... If most of you have seen that one, they can consider themselves as Lucky!
What a memorable Game !
Escafeld (Sheffield United) 5 years ago
Memorable game for us Blades fans was a League Cup match against Leeds in the 02/03 season. We were 1-0 down, 90 minutes were done & we were going out of the cup until Phil Jagielka popped up in the 92nd minute & unleashed a 40 yard+ cannonball shot that powered into the net. The drama wasn't over because just a minute later Peter Ndlovu scrambled the winner in from close range to send Bramall Lane mental.

A few season later Jags did it again with this last minute long range effort to give the Blades all three points versus Middlesbro'.

Must have one heck of a game!
Jagielka. Still needa say anymore? He is a CB yet he can unleash a shot so well
RedsMarchOn (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Was lucky enough to be in the north stand when Macheda scored that goal against Villa. Brilliant commentary, courtesy of Martin Tyler.
'' Machedaaaaaaaa ''

Your right, i've never heard Martin Tyler scream like that.... It's like he broke his voice on national television!
Mohsink (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Haha that has to be classic goal commentary!.... And then watching Sir Alex go 'awww F-' as he gets up to celebrate. Classic!
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Tyler sounded like Kermit, fantastic stuff
Lool he sounds like he was singin at a opera or somthing
Great goal.... Just fantastic
Lol Tyler, broke his voice, that must be embarassing. But in such moment, nobody would care about embarassment. Andy Gray also said " Take a bow son, take a bow. " He was like say it every match?
Ossie (Liverpool) 4 years ago
What a great first goal for Macheda. I like how he went to hug the fans after. Great skill that one
Dempsey (Fulham) 4 years ago
That was his dad that he hugged
Ya that was one of the best recent commentry to a goal

Kick4Life - changing lives through football