Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Most Copied Players And Most Successful Styles Of Footy..
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Been reading alot of stuff about who is best and alot of comparisons but I think the question we should be asking is: What players have had the most influence on the game through their style of play. Who is copied the most and what has been the result of that? I think the Brazillians probably overall have been the most influencial.... But Gods like Zidane and some others have had a profound influence as well. Give me your top 5 All Time.

Also we should include in this thread the most successful style of footy ever played. I think the Barca ball control style is the most effective. Here is the question: If you were starting a team what style would you employ and why?

Have at it mates!
Banacula (Aston Villa) 4 years ago
It depends what kind of team you are starting. If I was starting with a group of kids, I think the Ajax model would be the way to go I. E. Having no fixed postions for the first couple of years and have a passing game. Starting an adult team is different however as you can't just say I think we'll play like Arsenal if you don't have the players who can play that way. You just have to play to your strenghts which for teams I've played in usually involves lumping the ball up to a big man and trying to feed off the scraps.

As for the most influential team/most cpoied style of all time my vote would go to Queen's Park 1872. They were the first team to truely pass the ball and that seems to be al the rage nowadays
Ktorum (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Nice post.... I was kind of hoping to get something a little newer than 1872.... Lol.... But I guess that works. Kinda like sayin the first man to ever walk up right is the most copied.... Lol....

As for Ktorum's response.... You seem very happy for a Man UTD fan.... Lol.... Most of you guys are freaking out this year.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football