Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Messi Vs. Zidane Vs. Ronaldhino
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I think Ronaldinho would win
MUMatt (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I'm not sure if you can actually put Messi on this list since he's so young. I think maybe Zidane vs. Ronaldinho vs. Ronaldo might be a more realistic groupe to compare. I do however think Zidane is one of the greatest players to play the game. His effeciency was just above all else. I feel like anytime he was given space or made space he was going to score! He was just so smooth on the ball it was like watching art. It looked like he never tried when he played he just made it so easy! My problem with Ronaldinho is, is how lazy he is. When he was on the ball it was almost garaunteed to see genious unfolding however, I feel like he never really tried and I think that's ultimately what has lead his early nad quick decline as one of the top footballers in the world. He still has all the skills but he doesn't seem to want to work at it. I think he should read "Talent is Overrated: What Really Separates World-Class Performers from Everybody Else. "
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
If Suarez manages to excel with Liverpool and win trophies. He can join the gang.
Suarez is a beast, a permanent threat to defenders. He can definintely be a Ballon D'Or contender next year.

At this time Messi is the number#1, he has been the best player for Argentina during the Copa America. He surely has the potential to step up his game a little bit nore with Argentina and lead his country to success
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Well Suarez cannot be mentioned among these great players in just one season. I think he needs to dominate in the Champions League and World Cup in order to be mentioned among these great players
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Zidane was just amazing in his prime. Then its Ronaldinho. Messi is good but not in the same class yet. Not even the same flight
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 2 years ago
Zidane is legend...
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
To me the best players in the last decade have been:
1) Ronaldo"The Phenomenon". His nickname says it all. 3 injuries & he still accomplished more than anyone else & still holds the record for most goals in one season at the age of 19 with Barcelona & Brazil. 67 goals.

2). Zidane
3). Ronaldinho
4). Messi
5). Kaka
6). See Ronaldo

The only reason why I wouldn't put Messi in the top 3 is because he has yet to impress on the international stage. Ronaldo, Zidane & Ronaldinho have at least won the world cup & not to mention copa america & the Euro.
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Messi is the best at this time with barca. No doubt!
Zizou has been Fantastic with France, Juve and Real Madrid.
Out of the 3 Zidane is the winner.
But Messi is on his way....
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Am sorry but Zidane is the best in history
G4ven (Bordeaux) 4 years ago
To me Zidane is the best. And Gourcuff of Bordeaux is the most sucessful player to mimic Zidane's moves
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Alright here comes another of my analyisis's.

We will start off by assesing all of their achievments in the past.

Zidane

2 uefa intertoto cup
1 serie a title
1 italian super cup
1 european super cup
2 intercontinental cups
1 la liga title
2 spanish super cups
1 uefa champions league
1 european super cup
1 fifa world cup
1 euro cup
And then a total of 29 personal honors including being the only player to ever win the fifa player of the year 3 times in a row. That equals a total of 43 honors. All I have to say is wow to that. Over the course of his career he has also scored a total of 126 goals over the course of his career which includes 616 appearances. Unfortunatly I could not find the amount of assists he made but I'm sure there were plenty.

Ronaldinho

2 la liga titles
2 spanish supercups
1 uefa champions league
1 u-17 world cup
1 copa america
1 fifa world cup
1 confederations cup

Plus 21 personal honors which makes a total of 30 honors over the course of his career. He has scored 150 goals in 370 appearances with 41 assists. Not too bad either. Not a bad record either I mean lets face it, he has played half the games zidane had.

Messi

3 la liga titles
1 copa del rey
3 spanish supercups
2 uefa cl's
1 uefa super cup
1 u-20 world cup
1 olympic gold medal
He has accumulated 25 personal honors already which makes a total of 37 honors at the age of 22. Hard to believe he's so young eh. He has scored 82 goals and made 41 assists in 81 appearances. Ok lets not forget he's just a kid yet.

Now in my oppinion ronnie is good, but has already been disqualified due to being equal to messi in the amount of honors he has achieved for himself after playing 3-4 times as many games as the argentine while also not being alot better than either zidane or messi at anything. That is just my honest oppinion however and I leave the option open to the rest of you on who is the best of the three. But first lets take a nice close look at exactly why these guys are considered the best of our generation.

Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Correction on messi's stats, he had 175 appearances not 81
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Zidane hands down the better of all of these. Messi is too young to even be in this thread. Franboy knows what he is talking about.

A better question would be: who of these stars do others try to mimic on the pitch more and who had the most influence on how the game is played. I would answer that with Zidane and Dinho. Messi copies Zidane all the time with some of his moves. And Dinho's style has been copied by a ton of players
Shghal (Borussia Dortmund) 4 years ago
Excellant view, scott
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Quote:'Messi copies Zidane all the time with some of his move'

I beg to differ. Messi basically copies Maradona from dribbling to scoring to cheating. His dribbles are low centre of gravity driven- like Maradona, ball stick very close to feet. Zizou, on the other hand dribbles with wide steps movement. (that's what made his movement on the ball so graceful.)
Scoring, a recent game against Cultural leonesa where he scores a goal remind me of the goal Maradona scores in WC 1994. Another one would be the copycat move 2nd goal of Arg vs Eng 1986.
Cheating- Hand of god part 2....

I see more of Maradona's image than of Zidane. Right now, no player in the world comes close to mimicking zidane's moves or postures.

Of course, if you are saying about skills, then everyone else is doing the roulette, the flip flap(elastico), the no look pass etc. Ronaldhino and Zidane learned those from someone elses too. They are not the first to come out with those.... But they make those skills a trademark of their styles.
Aeaglan (AC Milan) 4 years ago
If one were to say which of these three players is the best? I would answer: Well, they are all the best, as they each bring something different to the game. Each player is/was the best at his position and had a unique style of play that had a significant impact on the game. Everytime the ball was/is at their feet, you know something extraordinary was going to happen.

Zidane was the maestro of maestros. He can compose a spectacular play and make it look easy. Probably the most creative midfielder ever, and he truely made it look effortless.

Messi is a right winger/striker who can take on several defenders with his agility and quick feet. He is short and thus has a low center of gravity, meaning that he has better balance and can maintain the ball better at quick speed and dribbling.

Ronaldinho has the technical abilities that no one on the face of this planet has. He can control the ball and shake defenders in a way that is unpredictable. He also can volley and curve the ball in spectacular fashion. So flashy yet so classy is how I like to describe his play.

Even though I am in love with Ronaldinho's style of play, if I had a choice between any of the three players at their prime, I would pick Zizou. He was in the literal sense: 'A complete player'. Having that said, all three are legends and their performances at their prime really cemented that legendary status in the hearts of every footballer and fan.

Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Well said mate.... Exclennt analysis and I agree with you 100%
All of them have high skills
Zidan is legend, because he is excellant captain & has great achievements.
Ronaldinho has nice look in the match and has very very very high skills.
Messi has technique, skills with speed and positive play.

But

Zidan is the best all the time, then come Messi
The third is Ronaldinho because he become slow
It is wrong to compare Zidane with Messi and Ronaldinho  But compared with Ronaldo, Zidane, Carlos and Figo
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
This is the hardest decision of my life, as they are all magnificent players who are very skilled and play for a brilliant team. But I have to say, like yogan09, ronaldihno is out of this. Messi and zidane are the closest ever, and I can't decide who to chose! I'm going to say.... They are both the same in overall, very skilled and talented
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Messi can the current best footballer! And zidane can be a winner of three player of the award and playing so cool than anybody, but ronaldinho is better than two of them, because they can trigger better than him (messi not zidane). They can play now and scoring many goals(messi) but ronaldinho can do it better at anytime! Even he got age upto 40! He plays with his respective skills and long passes better than two ! Dance with his samba steps! He will be the best player always and god gives the gift to football(ronaldiho). We should praise him! He will be the winner, there is no doubt!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football