Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Messi Vs. Zidane Vs. Ronaldhino
G4ven (Bordeaux) 4 years ago
To me Zidane is the best. And Gourcuff of Bordeaux is the most sucessful player to mimic Zidane's moves
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Am sorry but Zidane is the best in history
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
Messi is the best at this time with barca. No doubt!
Zizou has been Fantastic with France, Juve and Real Madrid.
Out of the 3 Zidane is the winner.
But Messi is on his way....
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
To me the best players in the last decade have been:
1) Ronaldo"The Phenomenon". His nickname says it all. 3 injuries & he still accomplished more than anyone else & still holds the record for most goals in one season at the age of 19 with Barcelona & Brazil. 67 goals.

2). Zidane
3). Ronaldinho
4). Messi
5). Kaka
6). See Ronaldo

The only reason why I wouldn't put Messi in the top 3 is because he has yet to impress on the international stage. Ronaldo, Zidane & Ronaldinho have at least won the world cup & not to mention copa america & the Euro.
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 3 years ago
Zidane is legend...
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Zidane was just amazing in his prime. Then its Ronaldinho. Messi is good but not in the same class yet. Not even the same flight
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 3 years ago
If Suarez manages to excel with Liverpool and win trophies. He can join the gang.
Suarez is a beast, a permanent threat to defenders. He can definintely be a Ballon D'Or contender next year.

At this time Messi is the number#1, he has been the best player for Argentina during the Copa America. He surely has the potential to step up his game a little bit nore with Argentina and lead his country to success
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Well Suarez cannot be mentioned among these great players in just one season. I think he needs to dominate in the Champions League and World Cup in order to be mentioned among these great players
MUMatt (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I'm not sure if you can actually put Messi on this list since he's so young. I think maybe Zidane vs. Ronaldinho vs. Ronaldo might be a more realistic groupe to compare. I do however think Zidane is one of the greatest players to play the game. His effeciency was just above all else. I feel like anytime he was given space or made space he was going to score! He was just so smooth on the ball it was like watching art. It looked like he never tried when he played he just made it so easy! My problem with Ronaldinho is, is how lazy he is. When he was on the ball it was almost garaunteed to see genious unfolding however, I feel like he never really tried and I think that's ultimately what has lead his early nad quick decline as one of the top footballers in the world. He still has all the skills but he doesn't seem to want to work at it. I think he should read "Talent is Overrated: What Really Separates World-Class Performers from Everybody Else. "
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I think Ronaldinho would win

Kick4Life - changing lives through football