Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Messi Vs. Zidane Vs. Ronaldhino
Harsham (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Who do you think is a better player, and why. I really can't seem decide
Shghal (Borussia Dortmund) 4 years ago
Where is [C.] Ronaldo?
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Harsham doesn't want him in the comparison?
I don't really like him
Ohhhhhh me too, bro , I don`t like him very much  But really he is fantastic player
I know. I think he is a little too arrogant
Ltm017 4 years ago
Really? Serious?

Its like three different footballer in three separate times....

But really?

But if so Zidane.
What are you saying! They are all playing today!
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yes all of them are playing right now. With the exception of zidane of course. Messi is leagues better than ronaldinho. I think ronaldinho should do half-time shows, or join the harlem globetrotters
Ok, I am still learning and exploring footytube and real world soccer.    Srry  
You must be pretty young to still be exploring footytube for Zidane's clips. I'll say Zidane is the best among the 3 players.

Zidane: Consistent for decade, top value for entertainment every game.

Messi: If he can remains healthy, then what he needs to do next is to drag Argentina to world cup. He's top notch and with another few consistent years of performance, everyone will forget who Ronaldino is.... Just like Rivaldo....

Ronaldino: Top of his game for what? 3 years? He's talented. But waste too much time partying away.
Ltm017 4 years ago
No not Zidane is not playing now and its different because how can Ronaldoinho be compared to Messi. IDK that's kind of different to me, because I think he is in a different place right now than where he used to be.... Somewhat at least while Messi.... Messi is just now.

And welcome to footytube.... please don't be sorry.

Riggs.... Harlem globetrotters? Okay wow lol

Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Messi leagues better than dinho? Messi maybe the best currently, but overall, dinho edges him out as he has achieved alot. Maybe you can say this after 3 or 4 years!And I don't know why you hate dinho!
Pragathish, Can't make out If you are replying to me or not, but just highlighting I don't hate Ronaldinho, but I believe he's the main reason Berlusconi let Kaka go while not shelling out for replacement.... Sigh.... Bring me back my Kaka! Arggghhh...
Mate, I was not repyling you, I was replying to riggs.
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I hate ronaldinho because of how flashy he is. That's what most people like about him. I can't stand it
Ciankc (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Zidane has a bad temper. Has he retired yet though?

Yes
Ihkhan (Real Madrid) 3 years ago
Well Messi is lot better than Ronaldinho.... But I think as of now Zidane is the best among the three.... HE is the greatest playmaker.... But by the time he retires if Messi continues to deliver like he is right now.... He might probably edge out zidane.... But to do that he will have to continue to perform at this high level for many more years...
Zizou10 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Zidane's decision making and his ability to take over games was the best that I've seen...
Charliehenry (Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal) 4 years ago
I share the same opinion zidane was such as smart footballer the touch, flicks, turns a different class
Lukas (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Messi is the best there
All time : Zidane
2002-2006 : Ronaldinho
Current : Messi

But still my favorite is Ronaldinho.... He has a distinct style that on one can match!Undoubtedly, he has the greateer talent than zizou and messi, but he has problems with his form. He is more of a magician!
Zizou and Ronaldinho, have truly re-defined football. Messi still has to go up, and one day he'll reach the heights of these stars
Zishan07 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Ronaldinho has the highest level of natural talent of the group, but talent without dedication will only get you so far. Zidane's the most intuitive, and coupled with his unrivalled footballing genius, that makes him one epic son of a bitch. Messi possesses intelligence, talent and a greater dedication [although not at the aforementioned levels] than his predecessors, but I still think, barring injuries and whatnot, that he'll walk himself into the grand hall of footballing immortality backwards. With the ball still at his feet of course.

[Oh, Zidane wins by the way. ]
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Zidane was the best. Ronaldinho will never be as strong as him. Messi could become as strong as zidane.

Why zidane:

Its effectiveness. When his physical condition allows it, Zidane meets always present at major events. Authors with decisive doubles team of France (against Brazil in the final of the 1998 World Cup or against England in the opening match of Euro 2004)

- His vision of the game

- His technique

- His experience

- His team play

- Its popularity

- And his tally:

Championships: 506 games, 95 goals
European Cups: 117 games, 23 goals
Cups: 52 matches, 7 goals
Teams France: 108 games, 31 goals
Total all competitions: 794 games, 156 goals or 0. 19 goal per game

In national selection:

31 goals with the France A team selections in 108 (101 times holder, 7 time replacing captain 25 times).
Winner of the 1998 World Cup (France).
Finalist for the 2006 World Cup (France).
Winner of European Championship of Nations 2000 (France).
Semi-finalist of the European Championship of Nations 1996 (France).
Winner of the Tournament Hassan II (Morocco): 1998 and 2000 (France).

In clubs:

Winner of the Intercontinental Cup: 1996 (Juventus) and 2002 (Real Madrid).
Winner of the European Supercup: 1996 (Juventus) and 2002 (Real Madrid).
Winner of the Champions League: 2002 (Real Madrid).
Runner-League Champions: 1997 and 1998 (Juventus).
Runner-up UEFA Cup: 1996 (Bordeaux).
Champion of Italy: 1997 and 1998 (Juventus).
Spain Champion: 2003 (Real Madrid).
Winner of the Italian Supercup: 1997 (Juventus).
Won the Spanish Supercup: 2002 and 2003 (Real Madrid).
Finalist of the Spanish Cup: 2002 and 2004 (Real Madrid).
Winner of the Intertoto Cup: 1995 (Bordeaux) and 1999 (Juventus).
Winner of the Tournament Santiago Bernabeu: 2003 and 2005 (Real Madrid).
Winner of the Luigi Berlusconi Trophy: 1998, 1999 and 2000 (Juventus)
Ltm017 4 years ago
Yes and after this post its clear it all up doesn't it? Ronaldinho never reached the heights that Zidane reached and Messi.... Well he is open to it so that's a wait and see
Totally agrees. Although Ronaldinho did have a equally good profile. But Zidane tops
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Ronaldinho's out of the competition, but I'd have to say draw between Zidane and Messi. If I really had to choose, I think Zidane would just catch nick it
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Messi has yet to prove itself. Messi have never achieved a great match with the Argentine!
Actually, messi is out of the competition.... Like franboy said he still has more to achieve!
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Definetely Zidane.... No doubt in it. But Messi? I don't think so. I can't even think of comparing him with Zidane and Dinho. Ofcourse he is the best right now but he is still very young and have to achieve a lot. Its to early to compare him with Zidane and dinho.
Remember haven't achieved anything with argentina.
Ronaldinho is very talented player but his mentality is a bit poor. But for me he has achieved more than messi right now.
So for me it may take another 4 or 5 years to compare messi with other greats
Senthil (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Messi can the current best footballer! And zidane can be a winner of three player of the award and playing so cool than anybody, but ronaldinho is better than two of them, because they can trigger better than him (messi not zidane). They can play now and scoring many goals(messi) but ronaldinho can do it better at anytime! Even he got age upto 40! He plays with his respective skills and long passes better than two ! Dance with his samba steps! He will be the best player always and god gives the gift to football(ronaldiho). We should praise him! He will be the winner, there is no doubt!
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
This is the hardest decision of my life, as they are all magnificent players who are very skilled and play for a brilliant team. But I have to say, like yogan09, ronaldihno is out of this. Messi and zidane are the closest ever, and I can't decide who to chose! I'm going to say.... They are both the same in overall, very skilled and talented
All of them have high skills
Zidan is legend, because he is excellant captain & has great achievements.
Ronaldinho has nice look in the match and has very very very high skills.
Messi has technique, skills with speed and positive play.

But

Zidan is the best all the time, then come Messi
The third is Ronaldinho because he become slow
It is wrong to compare Zidane with Messi and Ronaldinho  But compared with Ronaldo, Zidane, Carlos and Figo
Aeaglan (AC Milan) 4 years ago
If one were to say which of these three players is the best? I would answer: Well, they are all the best, as they each bring something different to the game. Each player is/was the best at his position and had a unique style of play that had a significant impact on the game. Everytime the ball was/is at their feet, you know something extraordinary was going to happen.

Zidane was the maestro of maestros. He can compose a spectacular play and make it look easy. Probably the most creative midfielder ever, and he truely made it look effortless.

Messi is a right winger/striker who can take on several defenders with his agility and quick feet. He is short and thus has a low center of gravity, meaning that he has better balance and can maintain the ball better at quick speed and dribbling.

Ronaldinho has the technical abilities that no one on the face of this planet has. He can control the ball and shake defenders in a way that is unpredictable. He also can volley and curve the ball in spectacular fashion. So flashy yet so classy is how I like to describe his play.

Even though I am in love with Ronaldinho's style of play, if I had a choice between any of the three players at their prime, I would pick Zizou. He was in the literal sense: 'A complete player'. Having that said, all three are legends and their performances at their prime really cemented that legendary status in the hearts of every footballer and fan.

Well said mate.... Exclennt analysis and I agree with you 100%
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 4 years ago
Zidane hands down the better of all of these. Messi is too young to even be in this thread. Franboy knows what he is talking about.

A better question would be: who of these stars do others try to mimic on the pitch more and who had the most influence on how the game is played. I would answer that with Zidane and Dinho. Messi copies Zidane all the time with some of his moves. And Dinho's style has been copied by a ton of players
Excellant view, scott
Quote:'Messi copies Zidane all the time with some of his move'

I beg to differ. Messi basically copies Maradona from dribbling to scoring to cheating. His dribbles are low centre of gravity driven- like Maradona, ball stick very close to feet. Zizou, on the other hand dribbles with wide steps movement. (that's what made his movement on the ball so graceful.)
Scoring, a recent game against Cultural leonesa where he scores a goal remind me of the goal Maradona scores in WC 1994. Another one would be the copycat move 2nd goal of Arg vs Eng 1986.
Cheating- Hand of god part 2....

I see more of Maradona's image than of Zidane. Right now, no player in the world comes close to mimicking zidane's moves or postures.

Of course, if you are saying about skills, then everyone else is doing the roulette, the flip flap(elastico), the no look pass etc. Ronaldhino and Zidane learned those from someone elses too. They are not the first to come out with those.... But they make those skills a trademark of their styles.
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Alright here comes another of my analyisis's.

We will start off by assesing all of their achievments in the past.

Zidane

2 uefa intertoto cup
1 serie a title
1 italian super cup
1 european super cup
2 intercontinental cups
1 la liga title
2 spanish super cups
1 uefa champions league
1 european super cup
1 fifa world cup
1 euro cup
And then a total of 29 personal honors including being the only player to ever win the fifa player of the year 3 times in a row. That equals a total of 43 honors. All I have to say is wow to that. Over the course of his career he has also scored a total of 126 goals over the course of his career which includes 616 appearances. Unfortunatly I could not find the amount of assists he made but I'm sure there were plenty.

Ronaldinho

2 la liga titles
2 spanish supercups
1 uefa champions league
1 u-17 world cup
1 copa america
1 fifa world cup
1 confederations cup

Plus 21 personal honors which makes a total of 30 honors over the course of his career. He has scored 150 goals in 370 appearances with 41 assists. Not too bad either. Not a bad record either I mean lets face it, he has played half the games zidane had.

Messi

3 la liga titles
1 copa del rey
3 spanish supercups
2 uefa cl's
1 uefa super cup
1 u-20 world cup
1 olympic gold medal
He has accumulated 25 personal honors already which makes a total of 37 honors at the age of 22. Hard to believe he's so young eh. He has scored 82 goals and made 41 assists in 81 appearances. Ok lets not forget he's just a kid yet.

Now in my oppinion ronnie is good, but has already been disqualified due to being equal to messi in the amount of honors he has achieved for himself after playing 3-4 times as many games as the argentine while also not being alot better than either zidane or messi at anything. That is just my honest oppinion however and I leave the option open to the rest of you on who is the best of the three. But first lets take a nice close look at exactly why these guys are considered the best of our generation.

Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Correction on messi's stats, he had 175 appearances not 81

Kick4Life - changing lives through football