Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Manchester United Accept A Transfer Bid For Rooney From Real Madrid!
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Shocking news. Looks like the Glazers will pay off that interest on time after all.

"In a brief statement issued this morning, United confirmed that they have accepted Real's offer, while stipulating that the deal must be wrapped up by June 30.The statement said: "Manchester United have received a unconditional offer of £65 million for Wayne Rooney from Real Madrid.

After discussion with the player's representatives, United have agreed to give Real Madrid permission to talk to the player. Matters are expected to be concluded by 30 June. The club will not comment until further notice.

As a club with debts exceeding £700m, the money set to be received for Rooney proved too much to turn down, but much of that money is now likely to be reinvested in new signings."

Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I've seen this coming for a long time to be honest, mention of money and the glazers are right in there like a rat up a spout.... Bar-stewards, I knew they'd wreck this club.
Its up to wayne wether he goes or not, but it doesn't look great to me.
We're supposed to be a top club, and all are assets are being dwindled away by these scumbags who care not a jot about football and only want to line their pockets.

Green and gold till the club is sold
Nautilus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Wow.... That makes me worried
Read the bottom post razi.... Or manutd chat
Micky (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Glazer are idiots to sell their number one player
Kayvon (Barcelona) 4 years ago
And Man UTD get Benzema+cash in return?
Ntruf (Lille) 4 years ago
I have heard this on the radio as well
Jsrohrbaugh (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I can't see Rooney in anything other than Red and White...
DevilzTheatre (Manchester United) 4 years ago
There is nothing on the club site, nothing on any other media sites (I have not yet finished looking) ans 65 million to me seems laughable. If we werre going to do this we would go for the mother of sall over-priced deals - 3 figures 2 of which are zeros. I aint believeibng thisa til I see a credible link. It could be the revenge of a frustrated pool fan?
Azeal (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Americans are bad club owners....
Reinvest in new signing, like there is a guarantee that the new signings are going to work.
They know how to make money, not to run big clubs; Their priority is in the cash not trophy.
RedDevils4Eva (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Never gonna' happen. Anyone wants to bet on that?
Ilovsnsdjessica (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Lol.... April fool
Charliehenry (ryo miyachi) 4 years ago
I never heard this how come its not a big story?
Happy April first everybody!
Myself (Arsenal) 4 years ago
If that's true, then.... Huge loss for ManU and the Premier League.... No comment
Myself (Arsenal) 4 years ago
WOW! I can't believe I got fooled! Stupid me! Nice one Ant
Another one bites the dust
Fernandez (Liverpool) 4 years ago
0_0    
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
Listening to ths on the radio, still can't believe it has come to this for Manchester United, I suppose there is still the chance of Wayne turning down a contract although he will probably accept its in the best interests of the club
AwesomeArsh (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Mate, your radio station must be in on this as well. It's a flipping joke, I can't believe so many people fell for it
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Wow. Like.... Wow. This is terrible. Honestly I mean that. I mean I hate manchester as much as most liverpool fans do, but this sucks. Rooney is a top striker and has carried united this season. He raises the entire quality of the league not just his team. Real has enough strikers too. Does this mean higuain will be leaving? Maybe united can get a swap deal going. I have to say, unless united does some seriously good business in the summer transfer window, it may just be chelsea vying for the pl this season. Which kinda sucks. I mean I love us winning. But I don't want the league we win to be the same as the serie a has been for the last few seasons
Its gonna' be a sorrier epl, especially if liverpool don't make 4th, we could lose another good player in torres, how the hell can real madrid do it?
Micky (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Torres already confirmed that
Kiranpmody (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Realize the date's April 1 anyone?
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Good god. The Glazers are a disaster wherever they go. They're worthless in American Football and they're worthless in Manchester. Green and Gold until that money grubbing family goes back to the fiery depths from whence they came
Selecta (Manchester United) 4 years ago
The glazers need to go before they end up running the club into the ground.    Green and gold till the club is sold!
Phillfc7 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Hmmmm.... Similarities
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Just look at our situation.... Liverpool!
SPCHLS (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
It is a sad day for Man Utd, Rooney has carried them in the absence of Ronaldo. I think they will struggle to replace him as Berbatov hasn't stepped up to the plate. As above I am a Chelsea/Real Madrid fan so I am happy he won't be scoring against us but also hoping it doesn't turn into a single horse race with Chelsea wrapping it all up like Inter have for years. On the flipside I think that Real Madrid have bought him at the top of his game, I believe Torres would still be a better buy as he suits the Spanish style of the game whereas Rooney will need to prove that he can play that style, Madrid play a lot more of a free flowing passing game than united so only the future will tell.... The glazers have royally stuffed up on this one in my opinion though...
Scottie (Manchester City) 4 years ago
This comment has been removed.
If he went to city, that would be it for me, I'm loosing faith in the game as I type, I can see me going to support my local team from now on.
Is it any wonder fc united of manchester was formed by disgruntled utd fans
ScooterHayes (Chelsea) 4 years ago
It seems pretty obvious that the Glazers don't care about United; Fergy, Ronaldo, and Rooney have kept em afloat throughout their regime, but I think it's all coming down soon....

Meet the new Leeds United!
Scottie (Manchester City) 4 years ago
This comment has been removed.
Stan182 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Even if City were to over double, Rooney would never go to city
CanonsofArsene (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Hmm.... Its still Wednesday the 31st where I live.... But that's devastating news you bring there Mr Ant! REAL devastating!
I also heard that they have sold the naming rights to 'Old Trafford. ' This is really getting too far and even though I'm a gooner, I say OUT WITH THE glazers!
Raj (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Speak for yourself, we're ahead in time here. News travels fast and this is massive. Madrid went about the same way with Ronaldo with a pre-season agreement and now this. Coupled with the higher tax on the high earning bracket, no wonder all the players are flocking to Spain. Blame the FA. Down with Gordon Brown!
Rob12 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Down with Gordon brown love it hahaha
Goonerpride (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Seriously they have to do something about the taxes. Its horrible to see top rising talent leave for foreign leagues
Riglore (Arsenal) 4 years ago
.... Really? The epl is pretty notorious for doing that hey, especially arsenal it must be said
Macky91 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I really doubt this "breaking news" is official. I feel assured Rooney will be at the club for a long time to come, perhaps his entire career depending on his level of performances. I'm a strong supporter of the "green and gold until we're sold" campaign against the Glazers, and seeing how they become more and more unpopular with the Utd faithful, I just can't see them selling the team's talisman and fan favourite. Obviously everyone has their price, but unless Madrid, or perhaps City (which I'm positive Rooney would refuse), make a ridiculously stupid offer, then I am not worried in the slightest.

There's no way Utd would announce or release this info during what is the biggest week of the season so far. Oh, and the story was posted by Ant, a Liverpool fan.... Just saying lol
Krok25 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I don't know where this news is coming from? I certainly haven't heard or read anything about it. Can you tell me where you got the article from?
Guardian Journalist Una Avril
.... Didn't Una work on the final Ronaldo transfer piece? That was very good
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Christ, what the hell are they thinking? Are those greedy dickheads, pardon my words, but they are, expecting the club's sale will still get the over a billion when they sell Rooney?

Imho Rooney is worth a LOT more than 65m, simply because the club will lose enormous value and appeal if they sell him. Right now the Glazers can refuse a 1. 2m bid, but I can't value the club over that amount if not for Rooney
Goonerpride (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I am a nerd
I knew Rooney would sell out.

A great player, but lets face it everybody, if he does make the move, it's only logic.

It was inevitable. The whole world knows the next jump is over to Mardid! Ronaldo found it, like Becks, Heinze, and van Nistleroy before them.

Hala Madrid!
[account-removed] 4 years ago
Great~ Man United is finished
Darksidekatana (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Agreed
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Oh yes LiverpoolMan
Shuds (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Wow this is news.... And just 65 million. Who is Real trying to replace? Rooney playing for Real just doesn't sound right
I can't see him in anything other than red and white...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football