Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Man U Signs Antonio Valencia
Blaak (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Hey just got an e-mail update from Man UTD saying they signed Antonio Valencia on a four year contract. How do you people think this will effect for Man you? Was it a good buy? Your opinions please
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
How do you sign up for email updates?!?! I need to know!  
I went toLink: www.manutd.com and signed up for email updates
Oh thanx
Hey is anybody interested in this or just me?
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
This is confirmed by the BBC.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/...

I think that most United fans were hoping for a huge name from Italy or Spain but .... Wigan is quite nice this time of year. Wigan.

Perhaps Fergie was a little drunk when his advisors told him to sign some Valencia players? Perhaps they said sign Villa from Valencia and he thought they meant sign an Aston Villa player and Antonio Valencia?
TheRonaldo7 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Nice attempt of actually being funny Chimpwithoutalimb!

Normally your are like a lawyer, stressed out, and analytical, but hey now you are still acting like a lawyer.

ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
LOL, Well maybe SAF will sign some of 'em too
I'm only joking Chimp.... But yeah I think Utd will buy at least another two players before the transfer season ends!

Most likely: Benzema, and Perhaps Silva or Costa
Give me a few examples of me being stressed out? I'm one of the most relaxed guys you'll ever talk to
No its the way you come across in your posts, particulary when you criticise others, you seem very frustrated or upset that people don't leave their links or source
Crediting your source is the decent thing to do and shows you have a respect for the other sites. If you read a good article over on a different website and post it here, of course you should put a link back to the original article.
Imagine if footytube got a threat from the BBC or whoever requesting that we shut down the forums because we're just copying their content? You'd be the first to complain.

Anyway, I'm neither frustrated or upset about the links back to other articles. Crediting your source is just the mature thing to do
Ok okay, but actually I got it from 606, its where people voice their opinions so technically the BBC say it has nothing ot do with them, and it is not their own context
WTF? Are we still talking about this? Got what from 606? Let it go! You're starting to sound like a stressed out, analytical lawyer
I was merely replying to your post!

Omg! And your getting all fussy about it.... Havent used footytube for a quite a while and I went to my recent posts and then I saw you replied so I was just replying back!

Wow! I wasnt expecting this sort of warm reception!
Hey, scroll up a little, you started it. I just said you're starting to sound like what you called me about ten posts earlier I still don't know what you were talking about when you mentioned 606 though
Ok.... Ok musa.... Musa, I'm calming down....

What I was saying is because you like to have sources so websites and companies do not get mad and sue footytube for copyright infringement. I was replying to the fact that my previous post you know the one where I pasted from the BBC article was from their forum, 606.

As this is not them speaking out, but the public, all discussions and comments have nothing to do with the BBC and is therefore not copyright infringement. The BBC is only like a host for all the discussions taking place.

And I'm finding it really hard to beleive that some guy is really looking around to search on other footballl sites to check out whether or not people are copying and pastiing his articles.

And I am respecting your views because as you have seen my Terry to City thread has got the certain links or sources you request.

P. S Okay I know your saying your not picking on me, but from my view I seen tons of other posts e. G Valencia to utd repeated and know one locks their threads and tells them to type their stuuff on one thread.

And if you have noticed there are several terry to Man city articles but only mine is locked, I know your saying your not picking on me, but I'm saying how it looks from my point of view.
Topics get locked or removed on a daily basis for being duplicates of existing topics. If it feels like this happens to you more than others, then instead of blaming the mods for locking the duplicate topics you've created, hows about don't make the duplicate topics in the first place? Problem solved.

Please don't think any of us enjoy spending our time cleaning up the forums. We'd much, much rather read and post the interesting stuff than have to lock, move, edit duplicates. In a perfect world no mod stuff would need to be done, you know?

I completely understand your point about 606 now. No worries. I've said it about five times now that crediting your source is not a rule, not a law, but just something that's the right thing to do. Feel free to do it or not do it, I don't mind, but doing it shows a bit of respect for other sites
Point taken on board, however there is many people even the likes of adamus who have recycled previous articles, one thing which happens for many people is that some articles get lost real quickly in the depths of the forums, and as a result many are not aware (Much like myself) of similar threads.

That is why there is a lot of recycled posts, and is not always the user's fault
Yes now days. Ever since footytube went live I can't keep a thread on the first page, resulting three other threads yo be made, about the same thing. One thing that would make it easier is a forum search. If you don't no if someone already made one search for a thread like it then presto! You know and it would save some problems.

So yes it's not always the users fault like Ronnie said. Who wants to go looking through 17 pages of thread for something they don't know exists! So it's a bit of a problem

I like valencia I think he is a good buy but I don't think he will change the team in any way
Giorgakis (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
Itl think a player of more talent should have been purchased Valencia has talent but I do not think he is right for united
True but he is going to take ronaldos spot so fergie has to sign someone and quick! Also valencia, I think he will fill ronaldos spot very good he is fast, he has skills and he has a good shot
Honestly I do not think Valencia will even come close to filling ronaldos boots I just cannot imagine it
He won't be as good as ronaldo but he will fill the spot pretty good, he probably won't take the free kicks but he will be able to get the ball up and cross into the middle for rooney or berbatov to header/volley it in
Nope can't see it Valencia is not the man for the job my mind cannot be changed until he make his first impression on me next season
Sure if that's your opinion, but I think he will be fine in the position
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Valencia is a good player but has got nothing on Ronaldo. You guys will need to sign another attacking player whether it be Benzema or Ribery
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Hmm.... Well Wigan are screwed
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Yea I doubt Valencia is the "replacement" for ronaldo, Fergie will have to get atleast another 1-2 players for the replacement ronaldo and tevez. Valencia is the beggining (I hope) of some good young fresh talent.

I'm hoping on Benzema // Villa // Silva // Huntelaar // Young. I would be cool with 1-2 of them
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Valencia has a bright future, but it's a big worry if he can fill Ronaldo's boots.... If he keeps on progressing and scoring goals, he'll soon come close.... United still need a replacement for Tevez which is looking more and more like Benzema...
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
Good signing which a lot can be read into.

He is a direct replacement for Ronaldo, playing on the right midfield and the estimated transfer value is £15- 20 million. That leaves 60 million left to spend. He is not a replacement in the sense that he will give United what Ronaldo did (goal return) but he is a positional replacement.

You don't spend £15 million+ on a player unless he is going to be a first team regular, the signing of Valencia surely shows us then that Fergie is not planning to go for Ribery?
It is then £60 million to spend on bolstering the attack with change to spare maybe. So who then? Tevez saga is over, so surely it is up between Benzema, Aguero and Villa?
Yes I suppose he could get Ribery, But unlikely cause we are not real madrid. So who will join Valencia?
OMG! MyPig what did you do to your name, I must be dillusional or does it actually say andy?!

That is the second worse name change after Charlie!
LOL! I didn't even notice, why change to t your real name?! Andy!? OMG

Name changes chart

1. Chango - Charlie -45m
2. Moonpig - Andy -40m
Haha all the other staff had their real names on display so I thought i'd follow suit Speaking of staff, the name change has removed my staff button but that'll be fixed in due time.

Oh and.... My point was that Valencia and Ribery wouldn't work in the same team, unless you moved Ribery to the left I suppose but you would rather he was playing his natural position. I think it is very unlikely that Fergie will spend the rest of his dosh on Ribery when the attack also needs supported
Oh you changed it because you are now a staff member?    
I've been a staff member since FT went live, lol.    Maybe I should be more of a bastard mod so I get noticed.
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Ribery would be a waste of money.... Munich want 80 million euro for him. United don't need to spending that kind of money on a player over 25. Fergie needs to be shooting for Benzema or Aguero to pair Rooney up front then they can pocket the rest in my opinion
Tom (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Well we possibly have £85-80m left to spend as Fergie was given £100m for transfers. So if Fergie decides to spend most of it then I can see 2-3 more additions
Well follow the path of the Mods
Ben (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Ribery has already snubbed both Chelsea and Man Utd. It's Real Madrid or nothing
Well yea we gave up on getting Ribery when Bayern wanted some absurd price for him. The Germans are just so difficult to do business with
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Well, I have been insulted twice in this post-tree. First of all, whats wrong with Charlie? It's a good nickname, I think. Second, Andy, are you suggesting that I'm a bastard mod that likes to get noticed? And I didn't appreciate that cheeky little wink at the end
Looooool! Well no one said that you are a bastard of a moderator, but judging by your comment, I think someone is feeling consceince of their actions!

And P. S how the hell can you say Charlie is a "Good" Nickname?

What next pigs flying!
No pigs flying with long range extensive weapons
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Valencia is a good player, but he isn't a natural goal scorer. He is not directly the replacement for ronaldo. But he is younger to ronaldo by 1 year. He is just like anderson, nani.
Its not over for utd they can but ribery.
Cristiano9rocks (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Nicce I think that was sort of a good pic. But they still need at least one more good player!
When does the transfer window end? Are United solidly linked to any other major players?
I still think that if Man united had of been quicker off the mark or went in harder they could have signed any of the top name players they have been linked to but were sold to other teams. They have such a fortune left to spend (ok, not Barca or madrid riches) but they seriously need to get their act together or they'll be scrabbling in the bargain bins like the rest of the Premier league
Fabiano, Aguero, and Silva are still out there, and the only player we were strongly linked to that signed to another club is Benzema. I agree though we should have done better to land him
Gavrazor (Manchester City) 5 years ago
'When does the transfer window end? '    The season starts before the window closes, plenty of time
Most likely transfer now for Utd looks set to be Kun Aguero, as Utd now look somewhat desperate for a striker!

Although I do think the price tag will be worth somewhat!

Likely to be in the region of £40 Milliom
Sounds great, we need a striker.

He's the best choice we got at the moment

We need a striker, A center Mid, and possibly
A another winger
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Yea you do ! I was thinking ederson from lyon as the center mid huntelllar as the striker and a left winger!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football