Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
MAN CITY.
Awada87 (Juventus) 3 years ago
What does everybody think is the ideal formation for the Citizens?
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Forget defence, they have so many attackers they need a formation to incorporate almost all of them

---------------------------Hart--------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

---------------Toure---Milner---Nasri--Silva---Barry------------------

-----------Aguero---Dzeko--Balotelli----Tevez--A. Johnson-------------

LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Bellamy doesn't play for city anymore
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Neither does Santa cruz
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Or SWP!
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Edited it now, I posted this before they left. Give me a break lol
Yeah sorry about that, I was just jumping on the bandwagon! Lol
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Unacceptable Kaden.... Hahaha ya they do have quite a lot of talent riding the pine.... And a lot of cash
Awada87 (Juventus) 3 years ago
Haha ya I think that's why dzeko started scoring many goals feeling the pressure from the amount of attackers! What a performance last night beatifull 5 goals....

Samir nasri added a very fluid performance, created 3 chance on his debut. Very successful transfers from the get go! Good luck Citizens hope we can carry the PL trophy this year!

Joe Hart

Micah richards, Vincent Kompany, Lescott, clichy

De jong

Nasri. Yaya toure David silva

Aguero. Dzeko

I think mancini should start playing two attackers as it gives dzeko more liberty to get into better positions....
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
I think a 4-6-8 formation would be suitable for their squad
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Got to leave room for the players they buy at half time too from their opponents
HangTime (Chelsea) 3 years ago
4-2-3-1

Hart
Richard, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Barry, Toure,
Aguero, Nasri, Silva
Dzeko

Sub: DeJong for Barry
Milner for Aguero
Johnson for Silva
If Tevez stays.... Formation will need to be changed. Maybe a 4-3-3.

Defence stays the same.
Tour
Silva, Nasri
Aguero, Dzeko, Tevez
Braylann (CA Boca Juniors) 3 years ago
Hart
Richard, Kompany, Lescott, Zabaleta
Clichy, DeJong
Nasri, Toure, Silva
Dzeko (Aguero)

*after first sub

Hart
Toure, DeJong
Nasri, Silva, Tevez (Aguero)
Dzeko (Aguero)

*Second and third Sub

Hart
Toure, DeJong, Milner, Nasri
Aguero (Tevez), Dzeko (Aguero)

Braylann (CA Boca Juniors) 3 years ago
And
Can clichy play DM?
Awada87 (Juventus) 2 years ago
@braylann interesting formation but really clichy in the middle? Maybe 'cause I see that he makes a few mistakes I prefer him making them down the left or right flank as if he flops in the middle it could be harder to control.... But nonetheless very interesting...
Idk if we will see this but....

----------------------Hart------------------------
-----Richards-----Kompany------Lescott------Clichy
----AJ-------Toure------------Silva-----------Nasri
----------------Aguero-Dzeko-----------------------
This actually quite a good line-up. Not sure if Mancini will go with only one striker although this would still be a team to beat
With such a large it's a wonder how many starts players such as Milner, De Jong, Barry and Hargreaves will get
Kaddoura (Bayern München) 2 years ago
@footyrulz I don't think clichy will fit as a DM as his mistakes are better done in the left flank its less dangerous....
I can't imagine clichy playing as a Dm and lescott behind him as a CB; lescott is a disaster sometimes.... He can get better though.... Go on citizens!
And its unlikely Mancini will be play his best left back in a different position anyway
Kaddoura (Bayern München) 2 years ago
FYI, City has the money but no class
@kaddoura its not wrong for a team to be bought with money as long as this money is money well spent, city are genuine contenders and we'll meet you bavarians in the champions league qualifications! Get ready!

What a game for the citizens today.... Silva is a football god and aguero is just amazing...
Aguero is amazing. I didn't expect him or any of city big name signings this summer to make as big of an impact as they have already
I liked Aguero before he came to EPL, I was really hoping he would join Chelsea as he is a cracking wee player, watched him play for Atletico many times and I'm glad he joined an English team because now we will get to see more of him play, lucky for Man City fans too!
Megoogie (Club América) 2 years ago
They buy so much players and I hate when teams do that but they are getting the job done by winning thier games
All the top teams are doing it now though, that's why the richer clubs in the world are pulling away from everyone else in the league, if you don't have cash to splash these days then you are basically fighting to finish mid table or fighting to get into the Europa league!
Megoogie (Club América) 2 years ago
Manchester united didn't buy alot of players and they are a top team
What?!?!

Hargreaves £17m
Anderson £15m
Tevez £9m
Nani £13. 5m
Berbatov £30. 75m
Valencia £16m
Smalling £10m
Young £17m
De Gea £18. 9m
Phil Jones £17m

This is just a few of them, there are more!
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I don't know much but I think United don't have to buy as much players as other smaller clubs b/c they're a big name club. Players want to go there and play. For example, United signed Ronaldo and Rooney when they were young. City got no chance of competing with United at the time. City shouldn't need to buy anymore though, even if Tevez leaves
I don't understand why people see city spending as such a big deal, they got a new owner, he wants to grow as a business man and a person so he doesn't want to fail at a task he took. Sheikh mansour is a very smart man as this is an excellent investment on every level. He is doing a great job and this has to stop at this idea. Man UTD spent a of money for players in the past and Man UTD fans still say city are jst spending money. People should thank city for giving the premiere league one more team that's full of talent to bring more to the competition, , , , , , , , ,
I agree with you, now that city have built a team I think the big bucks spending will stop, now it will be a buy on a selling basis! Man Utd payed £30m for Berbatov a few years ago so Man City paying £34m for Augero is really no different, and as you say it has added to the competition in the league, I expect Liverpool to be up there this season, not challenging but certainly sniffing about the top 4, along with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea there is some pretty stiff competition at the top now, Stoke can throw a few surprises their way too!
Well people can say what they want about City's spending but the reality is that they have a squad more than capable enough to win titles this season. This season is definitely going to be the most competitive one we have seen in years
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Kolarov
Nasri De Jong Toure
Aguero Dzeko Tevez. This team would be excellent. I think Barry is a crap player(not saying that because of what he did yesterday) saying that because I think he's overrated and should not be in the city and england team
No place in the team for Da Silva? Apart from Aguero he is one of City's big players, I would definitely have him in place of Toure, that's just me though!
Silva is city's attacking engine, no offence to city fans but everything is so fluid and played at a high tempo because of him
Agreed Ayyam, that's too defensive a team to have Dzeko and Aguero playing together, needs the pace and flair of Silva!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football