Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Lucas Leiva: What Are Liverpool Gonna Do With Him?
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
After that own goal from the so called "Brazilian", I realized that he was probably the worst player i've ever seen in Liverpool colours....
Yet Rafa still has faith in him....
Almost all Liverpool fans hate him....
So, what are we gonna' do with him? (I'm hoping to ship him far away....)
Thoughts?
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Send him back to gremio
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Best thing sweet talk him into loaning him out
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Cook him and sell Lucas pies and the next home game, at least it would keep the fans happier than if he were on the field.

I dno this one is a hard one! He played awesome a few games ago, if he played like that every game you would be set!

I think you havnt really got a choice but wait till january if he hasnt started playing as well as he should, loan him out, give him first team football with another club. Then next season if he's looking ordinary sell him.

You can't just say I'm sick of him piss off because he cost you too much money . I'm sure Wolves or burnley or someone would welcome him into their team for a loan spell
Good idea, but I just can't stand him! I want him to go immediately!  Btw, that pie idea sounded tempting too....
Illskillz718 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
LMAO.... Lucas pies, it will still manage to suck leaving any fans who consumed it pretty damn sick. Loaning him out seems like a possible idea. I say take him out and put in Riera
Rayrulesohye (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Ok guys the loss hurt but before the oh. G. He was playing well. I think the reason we lost is that we can't seem to defend set-pieces and we had nobody good on the bench.
I think Torres was one of the worst performers on the night yet he escapes critisim again. We need back up or even competition for his place to giv him a little kick up the ass. Babel is the real waste of money he is on good money and cost us 11. 5 which is twice what Lucas cost and he is terrible
Hopefully Aquilani can get better soon, he can take Lucas's place and do much better!  Or at least I hope he does....
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I'm not a lucas fan (never saw one btw), its always a big risk when you sign a player from a different continent (no direspect to brazilians) it seems that with us he won't be able to unleach his full potential I still wonder why he's still here I just think Rafa doesn't want people to think he was wrong about this signing, he should in my opinion. I won't say lucas is the player who make us lose those games it'll be completly unfair and false but he have to move on and find another club he's far too inconsistent, he's still young and have the time to prove I'm wrong about him.
At the moment he's still a liverpool player so the least we can do is to support him
Illskillz718 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
He should have stayed in Brazil for a while longer. Perhaps should have gone from Gremio to one of the bigger Brazilian clubs. He probably could do better in Spain or Portugal; the EPL is not for him
Tom (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I say give him another 10 games and see what he can do
We'll be doomed by then
LTUKicker (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Nah just give him time  
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Tell Rafa not to play him. Then he'll get the message that he's trash
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Try swappin' him for dzeko
I highly doubt it! But we'd be happy to take him!
We have replacments for lucas but just think watts gona hapen if torres whould get injured there is no good atacker to change him
Don't jinx it! It's very true...
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Why don't you sell him and try to get as much money off him as possible, he's pretty much worthless
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Rafa doesn't want to sell him that's why. Its seems that's he sees some ''potential'' in this player well after 2 season I'm speechless
Ick than Loan him out at least
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
Sell him and get another player. That's what Liverpool should do
Serg10 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Sell him.... We don't need him.  
Sukjunar (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Keep him
And stop having such a negative outlook on the players ppl

See the potential in them, not the faults that bring them down

See what rafa sees in lucas, the reason why he's still plaiyng him on the field, or do you still wanna kick rafa out like the end of last season?

Have some faith in our players and rafa's decisions
Don't be disheartened by the better start we could of had
Ok, fine, i'll start looking at the good in Lucas when you indicate to me what good there is in him.... Fair?
Yea Tell me too
Sukjunar (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Sure
I never said he is doing well so far
But seeing his few good touches and passes from last season, I started to see his potential

There is a reason why brazil selected him to be on the national team along with kaka, dinho, baptista, pato, etc.

Just give him more opportunities, it's been 4 games into the season

Lucas isn't the only player doing horribly - take a look at gerrard - he's had a bad game once in awhile, but you don't see threads bashing him, do you?

So just give him time
Not much of reasons.... But Gerrard proved he was on the right track by firing in the winner against Bolton, while Lucas did no such thing near that...
Well for this one I am with Sukjunar

Kick4Life - changing lives through football