Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Liverpool Into Administration?
4 years ago
I'm hearing that Liverpool's finances are a lot worse than first feared and that administration is now a real possibility.

Are we witnessing the end of Liverpool FC as we know it?
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Absolutely anything we can say at this point is speculation, so lets wait and see. I haven't heard about the rumours you mentioned. There's also about five other big topics about Liverpool's finances!

Fingers crossed from my point of view
4 years ago
Searched forums, search word "liverpool". Nothing about their finances within a 3 month range.
Juno will be along soon to lock this one down so
Sam (Footytube Staff) 4 years ago
Juno the locksmith cometh.... LOL
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 4 years ago
Ouch, "administration". That's a word nobody wants to hear. Hopefully not. I like the EPL to be competitive and Liverpool adds to it even in a bad period
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Seriously, have I lock a lot of your posts?    
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Would a bear crap in the woods? .... Lol
4 years ago
I can n*t reply fully t* this questi*n as I believe the letter * has been used t** many times already *n previ*us p*sts
4 years ago
Juno, this is the banter forum. Look up the word
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Wow.... Now really. This cannot be real.... Oh god
KTown (1. Kaiserslautern) 4 years ago
Just read a blog post from We Don't Know Football on this very item. It's from the other side of this situation that hasn't been heard from-a banking insider. Seems so far all we hear is from fans like us on blogs or from the news reporters.

Link: wedontknowfootball.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/liverp...
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Even if they don't go into administration by the time their owners are done with the club they will have dug Liverpool into a financial hole that they can't escape from. If they don't get money for a new stadium and for transfers the star players like torres may become frustrated with waiting and leave
People have said Gerrard will leave every year for the last about six years. Likewise Torres for the last three or so. Let's see what happens, and whatever will be, will be.

I have no doubt that the American owners have destroyed a lot of what Liverpool had created, and unfortunately the blame is being put on the managers, the players, etc. What they can't destroy is the history and of course the fans spirit. Once the owners are gone - even if it means we have to get a -9pt punishment in the premier league - the road to recovery can begin
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
No Way it can't be the end of Liverpool, we need to just get those yanks out of here and start over it doesn't matter if we loose 9pts it'll be worth it after the yanks are gone....I'm just glad that were doing something to get the message across!

Link: lfcglobe.com/video-liverpool-fans-protest-after-su...
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Looks like October 6th has been set as a deadline by RBS to repay the loan.
The following are the three possible things to happen
1. The yanks could repay the loan somehow before 6th and continue as the club owners(Currently they are trying very hard to repay the loan, I hope they don't)

2. They could sell the club before october 6.

3. If none of the above two happens, the club will go into the hands of the bank and would be a big loss for the Americans.

So I don't see Liverpool falling into administration. Those yanks will try hard to repay the loan and if they find out they won't able to, they will definitely sell the club for some reasonable price before october 6.
Just another 10 days, everything will come to an end
I don't think they will sell the club before the deadline and if the Americans don't repay the loan I think administration will become a bigger possibility
4 years ago
The worry is that if these, albeit unconfirmed, sources are correct in suggesting that the amount owed is far greater than first feared, then repaying the loan suddenly becomes a whole lot more difficult.

Bookies have stopped taking bets on Liverpool's final points tally, so they are taking these reports very seriously
4 years ago
I have it on very good authority that Liverpool was sold a few hours ago
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Juveseria (Juventus) 4 years ago
Liverpool finished.... In the premier league maybe but not as a club
Jimmybreeze (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Let's be honest, they have been on the brink since the burger munching, gun wielding, british accent loving (insert your own generalisation here) Americans took charge
It has been confirmed on all the major news sources (BBC, Guardian for example) that Liverpool have been sold, clearing the previous debt.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpoo...

The two owners tried some more scumbag tactics in the process

"Earlier Hicks and Gillett tried to sack managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre in a last-ditch bid to keep control of the club. In an attempt to block any sale and regain control of the club, Liverpool's much criticised owners tried to replace Purslow and Ayre with Hicks's son, Mack Hicks, and Lori Kay McCutcheon, a vice president at Hicks Holdings.

"NESV are thought to be offering about £300m for the club, enough to pay back the £240m of loans and £40m of fees owed to Royal Bank of Scotland, which must be settled at the end of next week."
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
The new guy seems a good lad.... New era beginning nice
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago

This was posted yesterday, didn't know Ricky Tomlinson was a Liverpool fan...
There a few things I still don't get. If those american guys are the owners then shouldn't they have final say on the takeover and aren't those board members technically employees of the americans so shouldn't they do what the yanks tell them?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football