Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Last Man Standing - EPL Prediction Game
BoboRed (Leeds United) 2 years ago
It has been mentioned that we're lacking games/quizzes on here, so lets try this one for size....

LAST MAN STANDING

Rules
1) It’s simple, just pick the winner of one Premier League match each week. If your selection wins you progress to the next week, lose or draw (see point 2) and you're out.

2)For just one round of fixtures you are allowed to nominate the win AND the draw. This means that if you select Team A with Draw and Team A wins or draws then you are through to the next round.

3)Once a selection is made, you will not have the ability to change it.

4) You may not pick the same team to win more than once during the tournament (unless the tournament progresses past 20 weeks).

5) Should you forget to make your selection in any week, you will automatically be assigned the first team that you have not selected in alphabetical order.

6) In the event that any match involving a team you have selected is postponed or cancelled for any reason, you will continue to the next round. However, that team will no longer be available for selection.

7) The winner is the last man standing!

Are we all clear?

We will start with the fixtures played over the weekend of 10-12 September, so plenty of time to get yourselves on board.
Competition will be played over in The Massive Punt forum, Link: www.footytube.com/forums/massive-punt/epl-predicit...
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Do you want us to move this thread to the massive punt bobo to be with it's sister thread or leave it in the terrace for more exposure?
Can leave it here, numbers are good enough to make a good game of it
Sounds bueno
Peteko 2 years ago
OK, I am in.    Shall we declare our picks here, or will you set up an e-mail account?
I think we can safely post picks on here, certainly for the first few rounds anyway
Tony (footytube staff) 2 years ago
Not better moving this the the punters lounge?
This will get lost in the terrace, unless its really popular

No doubt i'll have a bash myself
I'm in good stuff Bobo sounds like a good look to me. And we could move it into the punters or just make it sticky in the terrace Tone, up to Bobo I guess
P. S. I'll take a bit of a risk in the first round and tip Fulham to beat Blackburn at the Cottage *gulp* Blackburn are cornered though and could be dangerous, still Fulham at home I think they will win. This is going to be a tough game, looking at the fixtures list, sure you could say City will beat Wigan, but eventually you will have to choose Swansea to beat someone
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
Duncan, I think we should move this to punters lounge as well. But let the thread gather some steam (get enough players in) before doing that.

Not joining as someone who practically treats me as arch enemy wouldn't be happy to see my name often
The only reason I put it in here is because last time I ran a competition in the punters lounge, a lot of people said they didn't see it, as they don't visit that forum. Perhaps we can move it there once the game starts.

@juno, you are more than welcome to play, of course
Sounds an idea bobo, but we gotta' keep it near the top, so i'll stick my nose in every now and then with a useless comment.... Lol
Peteko 2 years ago
You won't be alone Tony. Lol. I am ready to spew my good-for-nothing comments all over the place
We already noticed that mate.... Lol.... Joking
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
Yeah i'll throw in 1 or 2 useless comments to keep it floating near the top!
Orangutans are the only exclusive Asian branch of the ape genus, they don't have a tail, and though the largest males only grow to about a little over 4 feet tall their wingspan can be over 7 feet quite useless and random that ay? Try and beat that one haha
Theres a limit duncan, and you have just went beyond it.... Foly huck.... !.... Mad or what?
Peteko 2 years ago
What Tony, it shows? And I thought I was hiding it well.    Donnchadh, why don't they have a tail?
An Orangutan with wings?    Jesus Christ, I don't want to go that zoo!
Yes all perfect responses Tony hilarious, Pete I have no idea, evolution I guess, none of the big apes have tails, gorillas, chimps, us

Bobo they have wings but they can't use them to fly, they're like chickens
Double post
So KFC, has become KFO? .... Kentucky fried orangutan.... You live and learn on footytube
A bumble bee defys the laws of physics.... Due to their size and wing span they shouldn't be able to take flight, but against all odds still do!

Another useless fact!
If ti takes 3 men 4 weeks to walk 10 miles, how many apples are there in a bunch of grapes?
Who won the 1998 greyhound derby, and who was the jockey?
The greyhound Derby was won that year by the legendary Tom's The Best. I had the best part of a months wages on the mutt at evens. He pissed up at 4/5.

Not sure who the jockey was.... A flea? .... But his trainer was nick savva
72 apples on average I think, ya colonel sanders uses a different blend of spices for orangutan than he does for chicken

Is that true about bumblebees GreatScot, that is awesome never knew that. I guess there are a few things out there that give the bird to physics, Juininho Pernambucano's free kick's for example

It's a very widely held myth that 'the laws of aerodynamics say that bumblebee can't fly, but no-one told the bee. '
Probably this is based on a simple linear treatment of oscillating aerofoils. This assumes small amplitude oscillations without flow separation, ignoring the effect of dynamic stall which causes an airflow separation inducing a large vortex above the wing. This vortex briefly produces several times the lift of the aerofoil in regular flight. The bumblebee flies because its wings encounter dynamic stall on every down stroke.
Bees beat their wings approximately 200 times a second, which is up to 20 times as fast as nerve impulses can fire. They achieve this because their thorax muscles don't expand and contract on each nerve firing, but rather vibrate like the string on a musical instrument.

What? ...
Dope hummingbirds are always flying around where I live this time of year. Apparently there heart beats ridiculously fast, 1260 per minute was one of the fastest measured. But they're wings don't beat nearly that quick, 80 per second tops
Imagine that? .... Lol. This useless info's getting out of hand.... Lol
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Did you know frogs can't swallow with their eyes open?
Neither can my.... Oh just leave it.... Lol
Haha Tone this useless info got out of hand a long time ago but I dig it. That last one was too easy ay haha,
Peteko 2 years ago
Hahahaha Tony hilarious
lol tony
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I'm in.
One question, regarding to this "For just one round of fixtures you are allowed to nominate the win AND the draw. "

Meaning the team I picked can draw or win right. As long as they don't lose, I move on to the next round...
That's right HangTime. Its a tactic you should probably only use in the later rounds!
Peteko 2 years ago
Probably after you have used all the big teams like United and Liverpool and will have to pick what's left
I think bobo said you can pick the same team every week if you like, until it gets stupid, then start restricting teams from a certain date
Peteko 2 years ago
No, I think the rule #4 excludes using the same team again, until you finish with all the others. But it would be a tall order for anyone to stand that long.
We'll be rolling soon all over the place. Lol
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Got it. Thanks
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Count me in
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I'm in, only for Bobo. I pick Arsenal to beat swansea. Just kidding I want to progress, Ermm Lemme have a think...
Luqmaank (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I am in, very good idea
Sam (Juventus) 2 years ago
Definitely interested.... Great idea Bobo
Yeah sounds good Bobo i' m in!
Just to confirm that you can only use the same team once. If you pick man united the first week, you can't pick them again during the same competition.

I can't imagine that each competition will last more than 4 or 5 rounds, at which point we'll start again. We can then tally up the overall winner at the end of the season
Roger, over and out, everyone on the same teams every week then.... Lol
Utd first week
Chelsea the following week
That's were you need to pick a hard one and hope theres a shock, you could win it in a week or two if you have the balls to go for it.... Lol
Lifeguard 2 years ago
Huzzah! Another game I'm in
Peteko 2 years ago
Maybe the winner of the last compo should qualify directly to the second week of the next one.
Just an idea. Not that I will ever have that kind of joy. I am a roller
You forgot the T.... LOL, is that an admission with a spelling mistake?
Peteko 2 years ago
Lol, yeah, what the hell was I saying there. Droller, stroller lol
I'm in as well!
Badge (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Sweet! I'm in too!
I am picking Arsenal as a winner this week
This week? .... You mean the following week
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
There is no game this week buddy...
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
Hey Ayyam you allright mate! The EPL Prediction game will be a good warm up before the next Prediction Cup 'ay

So who's gonna' be your expert coach this time around...
You should have taken arsenal last week.... Lol, you'd be out>>>>>
Sorry guys  I meant next week, when they face swansea
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I'm in
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I'm picking City for this week!

Kick4Life - changing lives through football