Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Jose Mourinho Linked With ManU Job!!!
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Source: goal.com

.... The Daily Mail reports that the Portuguese tactician will return to the Premier League to coach Manchester United once Sir Alex Ferguson announces his retirement....

What do you think of this?
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I have, nt read the mail, but I will take your word for it.
Well, whenever fergie does decide to pack it in, theres every chance mourinho, s name is gonna' be mentioned for the vacancy, but so will a lot of others.
Myself, I hope mourinho doesent get the job, he's not my cup of tea I'm afraid, I would be more inclined to go for david moyes, I like the way he goes about his business
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Looking at it from United's point of view I agree with tony. Mourinho is a Manager who gets bored quickly. He likes to manage big teams but he hasn't really shown he's the kind of man United are looking for. He may have won the EPL once with Chelsea but he didn't instil any kind of long term philosophy that kept the winning ways with Chelsea. Meaning: As soon as he left the team struggled to keep its form. I'm pretty sure United are looking for someone who wants in for the long haul
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
You forgot to mention the vast amounts of money mourinho had available with chelsea.  It makes management a lot easier.... Lol
Keong (Manchester United) 4 years ago
3 EPL teams that attract jose the most : Man Utd, Liverpool and Man City...
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Stay away from liverpool
Keong (Manchester United) 4 years ago
In rafa we trust?
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
In Jose we hate
Scottie (Manchester City) 4 years ago
In Hughies we will prevail
Haha yeah In Rafa we Trust!
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yea I'm with Tony there are other managers that could imo do a better job. People have to remember that when Jose joined chelsea he spent a lot and brought in a number of players. I have to say that he knows a good player when he sees it and his transfers have all been pretty successful. I would prefer Ole to step instead of Jose.

When SAF retires picking the right manager is soooo vital to the future success of united. Very scary//promising times ahead
Sam (Juventus) 4 years ago
Is Sir Alex ever really going to retire? If he ever "retired" he would be offered a position as one of the directors or something.... And he would end up still managing the team because whoever comes after him will have to follow his instructions.... And we all know that Jose doesn't play well with others!

Even 100 hundred years from now, Fergie's ghost will still be on the sidelines of Old Trafford, yelling at the referees demanding more time !

Retire? Hahahahaha.... (tapers off into haunting laugh)
Haha.... You are right.... The fans willl never forget him because he build this team from a no-name one to one of the most successful ones!
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Mourinho is doing well at Inter so he should spend longer there. Anyway like Sam said he's not going to retire for a long time and has stated that he'll carry on until his time is over - he's a great guy. Inter need Mourinho. Wtf is this
Mourinho said that he want to build something new.... He wants challenges!
Shams90 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
No way Inter will let Mourinho leave that easily. Well, we will see when Ferguson decides to finally call it off. Chelsea fans will never forgive him for managing Manchester United. So I advise him not to join them.

And another thing.... Mourinho.... WHEN WILL YOU bring US THE MOST prestigious trophy ON earth?
Ask your players
Ktorum (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Never gonna' happen at Inter!    
Scottie (Manchester City) 4 years ago
If fergie's thinking about packing it in - maybe someone should get in contact with him and see if he wants to work for footytube....

Ktorum (Manchester United) 4 years ago
This is maybe a wild thought from over here, but I kinda Imagine Ole Gunnar Solskjär being an adept for the job at the moment. Bidying his time with the reserves at the moment.... I don´t believe in Man UTD and short term solutions....

Maybe I`m far out and maybe I`m not....

LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
He might but Mourinho is short-term I'm, Man Utd are looking for someone else, maybe Guirdiola, if he leaves

Kick4Life - changing lives through football