Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
JOIN The 2011 *unofficial* Footytube Prediction Super League
3 years ago
Please could all entrants familiarise themselves with the rules, including those that took part in the first competition, as some of the rules have changed

2011 footytube Prediction Super League Rules

1. Predictions are to be made from the weekend fixtures from the following leagues: EPL, La Liga, Serie A, German Bundesliga, France Ligue 1 and Dutch Eredivisie.
2. Each week you must choose 3 home wins, 3 draws and 3 away wins, from any/all/a mixture of the leagues in rule one.
3. You may only choose one home win from the following list of teams: Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Milan, Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Ajax, PSV, Marseille and Lyon.
4. There are no restrictions on draws or away wins.
5. A correct home or away win prediction scores 1 "goal", a correct draw prediction scores 2 "goals".
6. Any incorrect prediction scores minus 1 "goal".
7. If more than one home win is selected from the list in rule 3, then those selections will be deemed losers and will score minus 1 point.
8. If your weekly score is greater than 0 goals, you will score 3 points (a win). If your score is 0, you will score 1 point (a draw) and if you have a negative score, you will score 0 points (a loss).
9. If an entry is not submitted, you will score 0 points that week, with a goal difference of minus 5.
10. If an entry is not submitted for 2 consecutive weeks then you will be deemed to have left the competition and will be removed from the league.
11. On weekends when there are no fixtures played in the qualifying leagues, then International fixtures or other European leagues/cup competitions will be used. These will be advised in advance.

2011 footytube Prediction Super League Format

1. We shall initially start with one big league with all entrants.
2. After week four is completed, the league will be divided into four divisions, to be determined by your position in the league at that time: The Super League and Divisions One, Two and Three.
3. Every fourth week thereafter, there will be promotion and relegation from the divisions, with the bottom two being relegated and the top two being promoted.
4. The league will finish on the last day of the domestic season.

Please reply to this first post, if you would like to enrol. No chat, just usernames on this first post please.

Confirmed entries, so far

1. Netnerd
2. Marcinny
3. Tony
4. Ayyam
5. Juveseria
6. Rockerr
7. Soccergal
8. Footyrulz
9. Pragathish
10. Sam
11. Charliehenry
12. Hang Time
14. Elbert
15. Lifeguard
16. Komario
17. Marcloo
18. Rob12
19. Somere
20. Sovietski05
21. Wayne
22. Joeymac
23. ManUK
24. Chaconche
25. Kop4life
26. Khaimet
27. Torreselnino
28. MessingWithYa
29. Zosoleh
30. Blueskiesahead
31. Tifosi
32. Marcel86
33. Sam6194
34. Aatir
35. Theshid
36. VeljaSrbin
37. Teorox
38. Chelseaman93
39. Dani19g
40. Ltm017
41. Donnchadh
42. Babloo
43. Zeora
44. Pauliemanutd
45. Jsrohrbaugh
46. Chelseafan220
47. Nyfloydart
48. Chico4
49. Alucard
50. Milanello
51. Alucard41
52. Dgrant11
53. Borg
54. Simonhang
55. Ntruf
56. Funny
Chico4 (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Ima ready to play
Alucard41 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Count me in.
Dgrant117 (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I would like to join.... But how does it work? Sorry for being a moron lol
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
@Dgrant117 check the one that's running now out, Link: www.footytube.com/forums/general-chat/the-unoffici...

Though we'll be making a few changes...
Milanello (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Milanello - Ready to play!
Ntruf (Lille) 3 years ago
I would like to enrol!
Playa3c (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I want in aswell
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
Sorted, but we are over in the punters lounge now, we've moved
FCBMessi10 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
Count me in!
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 3 years ago
This league's been gone for a while
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Count me in, if I can give you a hand give me a shout out
3 years ago
League format, points are to be scored on individual scores, as opposed to competing against an opponent each week. A positive weekly score is a "win", zero score is a "draw" and a negative score is a "loss"
3 years ago
Each week predictions will be made in the exact same way as in the current prediction league (3 homes, 3 draws, 3 aways) chosen from the "big 4" leagues
Ltm017 3 years ago
I honestly believe you should add Ligue 1 in there....    Its no justice!
Marcinny (New York Red Bulls) 3 years ago
I agree and I have mentioned this before, but I think it will be hard to win in a vote
3 years ago
Its definitely something to consider Ltm. Only problem I can see is then others might start asking for Eredivise, SPL etc etc. Whilst I don't have any problems with these leagues, it could prove to be a logistical nightmare keeping up with all the picks/selecting extra "big guns" etc.
Soccergal and Ayyam are helping out next time round though, so I'm not ruling it out...
There seems to be a lot more joining now for the next compo, I think it would only be right to keep it as simple for liam as we can, its gonna' be a hell of a lot of work for him otherwise, and adding more leagues is gonna' add to the workload
3 years ago
No bonus points to be awarded for 3 homes, nor 3 aways. One point awarded for every home and away win predicted, two for every draw. Minus one point for every incorrect result
What about a three point bonus for anyone predicting 3 draws? , and leave the homes and aways as they are at a point each
Or what about everyone having a joker each week to use in one game, if you get the result right you double your points for that match only, but get it wrong, and you lose double points.
And its up to yourself if you use it as a one pointer for a home or away team, or you can take a chance and use it on a draw which would get you 4 points should you get that result right
3 years ago
Do you not think that the 6 points scored for getting all the draws right would be enough?

As for the joker, I like the idea.... Maybe it should only apply to draws and/or away games?
I'll leave it with ya liam
Would it not make more sense to give 1 pt for a home, 2 pts for an away, and 3 pts for a draw? , then they would have the conundrum of wether to take the easy extra home point, or the more difficult away for 4 pts, or go for gold with the draw for 6pts? , but only in one game per week
3 years ago
Well, its been quite by chance how the scoring has turned out this time, but I notice that the split between positive scores and negative scores is actually pretty level. Keeping the scoring as it is lends itself well to a win/lose/draw scenario depending on whether your weekly score is positive/negative.
I suppose that the margins could be moved, for example score 0 or less = loss, 1-4 = draw, 5+ = win. But that sounds a little messy...
That's "a level" stuff, f**k that.... Lol
It would look much real if there is not minus in the final result. For example if I and competing with Tony and he gets 2 and I get (-2) then the final score should be tony-marcinny 4-0. If the outcome is (-1)-(-2) we count it as 1-0, so always giving 0 to the lowest score and then count up the difference from there
3 years ago
Yep, good idea Marcinny, like it, we will go with that (if we decide to stick with VS'ing opponents)
Or for the FA cup type on the side
3 years ago
Choice of home wins to remain restricted. I. E only one team from a pre-agreed list of "big guns" may be chosen, no restrictions on away wins or draws
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
What if who's in the big guns change, hypothetically, lets say man city win the EPL woul you classify them as a big gun?
3 years ago
Big guns are just to eliminate a few of the really obvious choices that would theoretically make choosing 3 home wins too easy each week. Do you think Man City need to be in at the moment?
3 years ago
A cup competition to take place during the season, FA Cup style, straight knockout. Depending on numbers, Pro+ members to join the cup at the "3rd round stage"
3 years ago
Soccergal to be recruited as my first assistant, to finalise rules and help out with the week by week administration. Maybe a 2nd assistant will be needed, depending on numbers
Ok cool
3 years ago
That's if you're happy to do it Soccergal!
Yeah no problem
3 years ago
Do you have photoshop soccergal? I use that to update the standings etc each week. If not, we will do it a different way
Nah sorry I don't but I have GIMP apparently its pretty much the same thing as photoshop though we could use a different format like do it with word or something...
3 years ago
We will just do it text based then. Looks a bit snazzier done in photoshop but its a pain in the a*** to be honest!
Lol Alright cool
I agree with all the rules with the exception of omitting the "competing against an opponent" which makes this league more real and much more fun.
Of course, if too many people join then I assume it is too hard to make a league-type schedule
3 years ago
If I could be sure that everyone gave their entries each week, then I would go for the competing against an opponent option. As we have seen, however, there are always going to be a couple of people who, for whatever reason don't send in an entry.... Which kind of spoils it for the other player.

If you can think of any way around this, I'm all ears as I agree, the competing is half the fun
I see no reason why we don't go ahead with a league format, then every so many weeks we make that week a fa cup knock out weekend, the winners moving on to the next round a few weeks down the line and so on. it would still give us the odd one on one compo
I can't think of any solution, except for giving a 3-0 win "on the table" to the other guy.  
I agree with Marcinny we should continue vsing people but if they don't send it in give the other guy a 3-0 win and if both don't send it in its a draw and if someone doesn't give in 2 entries in a row we will look for a replacement as I'm pretty sure there will be a fare few people wanting to come in...
3 years ago
It will all depend on the number of people joining. If we get loads, then great, but we will have to do it on individual scoring, If we get just a small group like last time, we can continue vsing opponents. I'm happy with either
So netnerd what if we have 32 entries, would you rather versing or individual?
3 years ago
I don't think we can finalise the format until we have a rough idea of the number of entries. If there were 32 entries, it would be almost impossible to go with vs'ing as the competition would end up lasting over a year.... Unless we once again break it down into smaller groups
3 years ago
Any chance of getting this stickied, mods?
HangTime (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Hm.... I thought I already signed up. Guess not. Add me in. I'm up for it again
Can I please be assisstant number 2
I can advertise, confirm your picks, make randomised picks whatever
Lol I was going to recommend that
3 years ago
Soccergal and ayyam can share assisting responsibilities
Yes!
If there is loads maybe to relive netnerd some pressure we can organize a different conference which is managed by someone else with same rules
US style?
That sounds like a good idea if it could be implemented properly
Pretty MUCH marcinny, and we could sort the conferneces out so its not to uneven by a randomized draw just like FIFA, because they're always right
Ahem, FIFA are always right?
For the winners or the people that progress from group stages from the 2010 comp you should put them in UEFA Champions League Comp? And they predict from european leagues?
European comps?
Looks like this one will end up even better than the last one
The one where I do best will be the best one for me. Lol
We should start advertising this thread.

I shall put the link of this thread in my wall and in my profile.

If there is a way to send a simultaneous message to my footy friends I will do it.

Let's get more people to sign up for this
And I'll go on the chelsea chat and get them talking
I advertised it on The Manchester United, Arsenal, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Inter Milan Page
Lifeguard 3 years ago
I posted it on the Bayern Munich and Liverpool chat

Kick4Life - changing lives through football