Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Italian Serie A Can't Be Compared To EPL And La Liga.
MDK187 (ADO Den Haag) 4 years ago
I think the italian serie A is not as strong as it was. Its getting weaker every season. Ac milan is in deep sh*t and juventus isn't as strong as they where before they where banned to the serie be. The only team dominating is inter for a couple of years now. Inter has high ambitions but there far from it as you could see against barca in the champions league groupstage match. Fiorentina is a great team to watch but there nothing compared to europian top teams.

I hate when people say there are 3 top leageus in europe. The serie A is over. There are only 2 top leageus for at least 3 seasons
Aeaglan (AC Milan) 4 years ago
The only reason La Liga & EPL are booming right now is because the top teams are taking rediculous amounts of loans from banks (Real Madrid) or are getting purchased by Arab Shiekhs who can crap money (AKA Manchester City & Chelsea). Serie A teams are staying true to their true identities and are not sell-outs. These teams with big paychecks are nothing but bad news for all of the football community, not just Serie A and italian football
Iamlegend 4 years ago
I think serie a is still good to watch.... In fact, I do think it is a league that can not be easily predicted because there are many good teams (palermo, sampdoria, roma, genoa) that can beat the likes of inter and juventus. It is true that inter has been dominating this league for the las 3 years, but I do think that is not how we compare league. I think the main reason why people like epl is because of the hype, the atmosphere and the open attacking football. For la liga, I think it is because a lot of teams play technical and beautiful football. In italy, it is down to tactics and that's why sometimes it is not pleasing in the eye, which is why a lot of people hate to watch it and not many sheikh want to invest there because their main point to invest is business and serie a is not really selling
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
There is less money, less advertising, less enthusiasm for the Series A. But the serie A is a very good championship. Inter Milan, Juventus, Fiorentina, AS Roma, Milan, Sampdoria, Napoli, .... Are good teams. We saw last week (fiorentina - liverpool 2 - 0). I do not like Italian football, but I recognize quality. Recent years the Italian football is no longer first, but I think Italy will be always among the best
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I totally agree with Franboy on this one.... The serie A, even if the teams are not on their top right now, it still one of my favorites and will be always one of the best championship
Keong (Manchester United) 4 years ago
For me EPL is the best, second should be Budesliga, third La liga and fourth, seria A.... The france league 1 is catching up!
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
I still think that the serie A is good. Yeah they lost players like Ibrahimovic and Kaka this season but they still have the home grown talent to do great. The only reason why the EPL is considered the the best league in the world is because first of all it's english. Second, because their teams are almost entirley made up of the best foriegn players. The only league that can be considered the best is La Liga because they not only have the best foreign players but they also have amazing spanish players
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Well as a peson that has been watching football for years the italian league was the best league in the world that produced the best players. Asa matter a fact from 1991 to 2000 most of the world players of the years came from the Italian league. Goerge Weah, Roberto Baggio, Zidane, ROnaldo(phemomenon), Lothar Matthaus, Marco Van Bastan etc. It's Kinda sad to me people give so much props To a League who never produces the best players. So FOr 17 years the best league in the world has never produced the best player That sad imo. But The Italian league has history thastpeople like me will remember and have respect for
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Yeah. But anyway, things always manages to turn round somehow. In the 80s and 90s, its Italian teams who rule, the 2000s belong EPL. The turn of the next decade might belong to La liga. These trends keeps changing as times goes on. League will find ways to reinvent themselves. (just like Bundesliga. Getting more entertaining by the year.)
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
How are they ruling when in the last 10 years they only won it 3 times? Can't see that as dominance. Sorry
Fidalgo10 (FC Porto) 4 years ago
The ligas these days are like a fashion or a trend.... We all watch the flashiest leagues with the flashiest players (liga/primeir).... Italia just aint in style right now theres no flash theres no bangg.... In a nut shell
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
La liga might have failed a bit, but it will be better and stronger next season cos it will have different teams in and will have been changed or something
Aeaglan (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I guess it's true what they say: fans have VERY short term memory.... In this debate, it's no exception.

It's always going to be a continuous cycle between leagues where one league shines, dominates & collects a all silverware. There's definitely no doubt that the EPL is now losing it and La Liga taking over the limelight. That doesn't mean that Serie A or the EPL will be left in the dark for all eternity!

Yes, Serie A is in a rough patch, but it's definetly not the first time and certainly won't be the last. But rest assured, I am confident that within a few years time, the top italian giants will bring back the heat
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I think this year will be an Italian club in the semi finals of the Champion's league (Inter Milan or Juventus) Inter and Juventus have made good transfers

Kick4Life - changing lives through football