Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Is Liverpool FC The Biggest Disappointment Of The EPL This Season???
Vaishnav (Liverpool) 2 years ago
We have already played 3/4 of the season and throughout those games we have been really poor and now we just lost our unbeaten run at home. This is so frustrating we are already out of the reach of a top 4 place and I really can't see us really improving. Many of us will blame luck for these failures but lets get real people, we have a bunch of overrated players who play like headless chickens on the pitch, no creativity, they can't pass it right, they can't shoot.... Oh god we have been spending so much and we got is quantity, the quality is still missing! Teams like swansea and norwich play better football at times and how much they spent? Peanuts! We are always full of excuses, injuries, ref decisions, hitting the post, good goal keeping.... Who else we gonna' blame for our failures? Isn't the players and the manager responsible? Kenny is disappointing at times, man just get your tactics right, pick up the right lads, make the right sub don't bloody wait for last few minutes. We all knew we need a quality striker but yet they refuse to get someone in the transfer market, not even a creative playmaker! Better don't expect anything from this team now. I HATE THE WAY I still LOVE liverpool LIKE crazy
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Smells like a bad reaction to the Arsenal defeat. This is Dalglishs first full season back in charge and he has already qualified us for Europe and won us a trophy. We're in the final sprint for another trophy too. Yes, 4th place is gone but consider who we are up against for that place.

We've missed five penalties this year (not including shootout) and hit the woodwork something like 15 or 20 times. If half of those had been inches in the right direction, we've be top four by now, easily.

Kenny knows what he is doing, and has won everything before as both player and manager, so I recommend you put some trust in the guy. I genuinely can't think of anyone else better suited to the Liverpool job and we should thank our lucky stars he agreed to it.

If I had said to you during the Hodgson disaster, when we were near the relegation zone, that in one seasons time we'd have won a cup, qualified for Europe, was fighting for Champions league and in the running for the FA cup by this stage you would have jumped at it. Not to mention signed one of the top 20 strikers in the world.

Be positive, be supportive and have confidence in the team. When Carroll and Suarez stop hitting the post and bar, we'll be laughing
JestaYNWA (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I agree with Ant.... Nuff said as far as I'm concerned
Juno (AC Milan) 2 years ago
I think you are expecting too much too soon. I see Liverpool actually improving. A paper 4-3-3 that plays out like 4--4-2 when attacking and plays like 3-6-1 when defending. I see Liverpool as very very entertaining last night. A pity with the posts or saves. Liverpool are definitely improving.

Next year, they do have a few dead wood to remove though. Carragher are waning. They need the youth/reserves to step up and support Agger and Skertel. Carra should take a back sit and play support. And so far, I've never really seen a good game from Downing. So perhaps he's out of his depth at this level. Playing Winger for Liverpool is a huge thing. He just doesn't seems like he has it. Next season, if he still fails to deliver, he should go. And for all the money spent, Dalglish should play Carroll more often instead of Suarez upfront only. Suarez could perhaps take up Downing's role, and he'll still score plenty.

Liverpool's one touch triangle movements in the midfield yesterday night was fantastic. They just need someone to put them away. Suarez is a conjurer of some magic, but I see Carroll as the finisher. The lad needs more games
Sam6194 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
"well achievement is not winning everything, but it is doing something better then your last attempt" I read this quote somewhere and I think it perfectly fits for liverpool....

We have started playing free flowing football once again, and I think I was happy with the performance last night, agreed it was frustrating defeat, we need one striker and we are all good....

I think you haven't noticed the decline of arsenal over the yrs and their board so cunning not to finance wenger(no disrespect), well not in our case....

Financial crisis:- stable, in fact non existent debts

Manager :- greatest we can have....

Owners:- I was really impressed when they really enjoyed the celebration with players in the dressing room at wembley, and I can see their boston red sox effect coming to liverpool....

Bench strength:- we have got great great bench strength, after all those yrs of suffering from injuries we have finally got number of players so as to give us depth....

Stability IS the key to everything and we heading in the correct direction

And so this is A STEP forward.... AND FA CUP would BE icing ON THE CAKE....

AND titles ARE coming BACK SOON TO liverpool....
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Agree with Juno.... Some people must have expected too much too soon. Except for die hard Liverpool supporters I don't think it's such a surprise or disappointment that Liverpool aren't finishing in the top 4 this season. Next season could be very interesting however, where we might have 6-7 very strong teams fighting for top 4
HangTime (Chelsea) 2 years ago
I enjoy watching Liverpool play. They play a good fast pace passing game- if only their finishing were better....
I'm so surprise Chelsea is still ahead of Liverpool.
Just wondering why not give pacheco a chance.... This guy is creative! We can't just play without creativity and we can always convert suarez to AMR!
KingHarryKewell (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I think honestly perhaps labelling Liverpool "the biggest disappointment of the EPL season" is a bit of a strong label for the club. Were we expected to finish first? For me, no. Liverpool are not at the level of the likes of Manchester City and Spurs at this stage. Dalglish came in halfway last season to see Liverpool almost in ruin - bottom half of the table, Gillett and Hicks running the show, a sulky and disinterested striker, and an old fella who, although he's a nice guy, couldn't run a big club with lots of expectations? There's been a lot of mess to clean up at Liverpool, as well as a bit of restructuring, and you don't expect miracles to happen to Liverpool in the space of a season. Dalglish has worked well at Liverpool, although there's still work to be done, they've broken their trophy drought in the Carling Cup, are on course for a second cup in the FA Cup, and can enjoy Europe next season, albeit the Europa League, and still have an outside (albeit a very outside one) to qualify for the champions league. Would that be considered as disappointing? It's more a work in progress.

Honestly, if anyone should get that tag at this stage, it should be Chelsea under AVB - all the expectation of AVB bringing his great form from Porto and bring the best out of misfiring Torres. Instead there was rumours of dissent, especially from the old guard, and Torres being more ineffective than ever. It saw AVB eventually and not surprisingly losing his job. Wouldn't even Chelsea fans call that disappointing?
We didn't expect the EPL crown but didn't we all dream about a top 4 finish and now it is out of our reach! Newcastle performing better than us, few years ago they were relegated and how much did they spend on transfer? I will say they were really wise in the transfer market!
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
I have mixed feelings about this. At times we play well like against Everton and at times we are crap like against Bolton and Sunderland. Next season we really really need to get our act together. There are some game we should have won like against Norwich and Swansea. And yes we lost our unbeaten run at home but most of that was draws not wins which we also need to fix. WE need to stop playing Hendo as a winger. Just does not work. We need a new winger and a finisher/poacher who can score 25+ goals a season because Suarez and Carroll are not those type of people. Suarez is a creator not a finisher. Now I want us to finish on top of Newcastle and win the FA Cup
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Our major problem is that we play to our opposition. When we play Man City, Arsenal or United, we usually play at 100%, chasing every ball, defending like legends and have a great record of beating them. Then we play Swansea and for some reason we plod around and don't look threatening
After our performances lately.... I still believe we are the biggest disappointment of this season.... Seriously even a top 10 finish seems doubtful with the way we are playing! Well god save us from more disappointment

Kick4Life - changing lives through football