Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Is Giggsy Done?
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Don't know if he's done !
But he isqs very Pro. And got a huge experience and know how to play in the high level !
One thing is safe, He is Part oof history !
On3two (Manchester United) 5 years ago
After seeing Giggs in action against Spurs, there is no doubt he still has at least another season left in his tank. Sure there are many promising youngsters that can take his spot in the squad but I think he may go when Scholes decides to also hang up his boots
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
---respect FOR Giggs---
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
A friend of mine is a friend of Ritchie De Laet, and Ritchie told him that Ryan, Scholes and Van der Sar truly command respect, but they're also very generous in sharing their experience with their team mates. The influence they have is still huge, because their professionalism and pre-match concentration is exemplary for all other Man UTD players. De Laet said that Utd would definitely not have the great spirit and at the same time the great professionalism they have today, and that plays a huge part in winning tough games, which you have to win to win silverware.

So even though the oldies aren't as good as they were a few years ago, their great influence on the team is enough to keep them, if they desire to stay
Zach (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Giggsy with another masterclass performance! Dominant in possession and involved in all 4 United goals, providing both of Fletcher's headers. A true Legend and still vital to the United midfield
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
Is Gigsy done? The answer is simple no way !
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Giggsy is done with city whose next?
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Classic, good one
Tom (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Haha brilliant
Salt (Aston Villa) 5 years ago
That run that he made in the second half today was stunning. Any winger at any stage of their career would have been happy with that
Riggs (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I've said it a bunch of times already. Today he really proved it
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Yea, we all saw that he still has lots to give before he hangs up his boots...
KWManUtdFan (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Another sensational effort from Giggs. Even the young lads were left on their behinds.

Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, Running down the wing, Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, Running down the wing,
Feared by the blues, Loved by the Reds, Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs...
Vonrasmussen (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Man.... I've got to agree with you guys that he looked great yesterday. I just hope we can remember that when he has a game like he did vs. Arsenal earlier in the year.

But yesterday.... He was great
Dhanasil (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Giggs in action against Spurs, there is no doubt he still has at least another season left in his tank. Sure there are many promising youngsters that can take his spot in the squad but I think he may go when Scholes decides to also hang up his boots
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Ryan Giggs is the best Welsh player of all time. We saw a few weeks ago he still has full potential after that stunning free-kick which made a big name for himself again as one of the best players in the Premier League. He is a legend, never to be forgotten. He is a world-class winger and he has played in the middle for Sir Alex lately. Maybe another season or two to go, but he is getting very old for a footballer so I'd expect him to retire quite soon. Brilliant player though, always will be
Zach (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I love looking back at my comments from over a year ago and seeing how right I was! Just saying....

Giggsy still going strong. I think he's still got one year left in him, but Scholes I'm not so sure about. Watch out for Scholesy to hang up the boots after the final with Edwin.
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I regret my stupid comments earlier. Giggs is not done. He is still amazing I think he should still be playing for the next 2 years
Tony (footytube staff) 3 years ago
To think this thread was started a year back, there egg on a few faces.... Lol

Kick4Life - changing lives through football