Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Is Chelsea Strong Enough To Clinch EPL From ManU This Season?
Chelsea2009 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Folks plese give your opinions....  
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Well I believe so but arseanl seem to have the most chemistry at the moment also be wary of tottenham and man city if they get it together
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I believe our team will beat Chelsea to the Title. It may not be pretty but it's still a Title
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Chelsea look strong, but they might need to re-think the "Diamond formation".... It lacks width.... And Chelsea can't play in such congested conditions...
Ltm017 4 years ago
Yea hopefully they get it together and get aguero and ribery yamsy gerrard and torres alone can't cut it for you guys I think you need wingers
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I can see Chelsea challenging United for the title but there are a couple of other teams in the mix. Assuming yesterday wasn't a fluke, Arsenal are seriously down for the battle. Spurs are looking strong so far and City will always cause problems.

It will be a great season!
Darius (Southampton) 4 years ago
As we all know United has had a lot of signings and a lot of departures over the last few months, so I guess we'll all have to see if SAF can find a definite lineup soon enough to get some chemistry on the pitch
Thomas1978 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
They have the team to do it, just down to the formation. They have not looked great so far although they won against Man Utd and Hull.

2 upfront does not work for me. Drog needs to be the main man with support coming from midfield.

=====
Please follow my blog

Link: lets-talk-soccer.blogspot.com
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Sorry mate that'll bring your fan valuation right down, just to remind you not to do it again. You aren't allowed to try and advertise your own blogs and websites etc. A month has gone by though, I'm sure the punishment has already happened.

Chelsea will win the league if they play will. I think Carlo Ancelotti's ideas are brilliant. The diamond is working well. Joe Cole might get back into the mix of the first team soon as he is back from injury. I want to see him do some damage again. He is a great manager and can help us. We are at the top! Oooops sorry to jinx it...
Helmie83 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I would say on paper up chelsea really have the strength to beat ManU to the tittle.... But from the game yesterday(against hull), chelsea had quite a difficulties to put the ball into net with the new formation(tactic diamond) from Mr. Ancelotti....
Unless they get used to the tactic quick or their performance could suffer when they meet a better team than hull.... Btw, it is just my opinion....
Dali (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Agreed. Tactically their bench is stacked. There is not denying they have really good players. We just have to see how it works out
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Chelsea's only problem at the moment is we're missing that extra spark that joe cole brings to the field. Right now teams only really need to lock down lampard and drogba. Anelka can't create for himself and neither can malouda. Once those other two players are out of the equation the ball simply can't get to the net. Sure essien is fantastic but he plays further back (even when he plays on the right side of the diamond) so unless we get him back playing at the highest level he can play quickly after his injury has healed we may have some troubles.

With that said united need to gell a little more and learn to use this new system more effectively. Looks to me like another slow start for them and that may just cost them. All in all I think this will be a very close and exciting title race (don't count out liverpool just yet either), but I'm leaning towards chelsea since we do seem to have more of a hunger and drogs is looking fantastic so far.

Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
I'm surprised at how little mention Chelsea fans are giving to Zhirkov, who I believe was a fantastic signing. Around £18 million was splashed on him and most Chelsea fans i've talked to have just said 'who? '

I love Yuri, he was a brilliant left winger for CSKA these past few years and he showcased fantastic skill for Russia playing as a left back during Euro 2008. He is an explosive player as well as a creative one, he makes a great deal of chances and could be what Chelsea seem to be missing in midfield.

I think United will win the title, although if Chelsea do then I believe Zhirkov will be pivotal
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Zhirkov is a fantastic player, no doubt. When is he back from injury?
Syraph (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I agree with Andy. I'm waiting for Zhirkov to make his debut so that Chelsea has a [C.] Ronaldo-like presence in the wing
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
The "Russian Ronaldinho" will lead Chelsea to victory!
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I definatly think so. They have a strong and consitant squad. They somehow hardly lose. They always like score in the last minute or do one comeback. They have a good coach. And they didn't sell any good players. I think they problem is the players he plays in the midflied. I think it should be

Essien
Ballack Malouda

Lampard
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I'd say the first game of the season is a little early to be making many predictions, especially with some surprising outcomes. I'm gonna' give it a few weeks before I try to make any decisions Although, I hope Man Utd are strong enough to retain the title another year
Elucari (Liverpool) 4 years ago
This comment has been removed.
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow.... I think your just mad and don't really want to face the truth. But its okay. We all have our time

But to say they have no chance I think is ridiculous through
About the zhirkov post, i've seen the man play for cska and he does excellent everytime. But i've never seen him shine in the uefa (now europa) league. The BPL is much different from the russian league with much faster and much more tallented defenders. So I'm waiting until yuri makes his first appearence in this league before I start calling messiah
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
He played really well against ac milan if that is any indication of how good he is
Personally I thought he looked somewhat out of place against ac milan. Though it was only one match and he did get himself a goal in it. Like I said I wanna see him in the BPL for a few games before I judge him on whether or not he's another arshavin
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I think Chelsea have the best squad right now and that they can win the league. The only thing I am not sure about is carlo ancelotti, he is good manager but not an epl proven manager. He only won the serie a once (if my knowledge is right) so this makes me question if he capable of wining the title in england. He could be the next mourinho or the next scolari
Andy (Rangers) 4 years ago
Coppa Italia, 2 Champs League and the 2 super cups that followed as well as the Serie A.

Great manager, the question is, if his tactics don't work out initially, will the Chelsea board be patient and not act as rashly as in Scolari's case?
Sphinx42 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
Agreed with Andy, he's a great manager, And the problem is Chelsea.... They are looking to win something quickly and they are always changing managers, which is very unstable and not a winning attitude.... If they won't give Carlo Ancelotti a chance.... Someday they are going to realize it's gonna' be an infinite loop every season new manager ---> kick manager.... It gets old and boring after a while!

Carlo.... Had a tough last season with AC Milan.... Rumor has it Italian clubs aren't doing well financially.... And the club didn't give him funds to buy players so he could reinforce his team.... With injuries on kaka, Jankulovski, Gattuso, Boriello.... I can keep going made it a very difficult season for him

Kick4Life - changing lives through football