Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
If Arsenal Sell Nasri And Fabregas
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
A lot of talk has been going on about arsenal selling both fabregas to barcelona and nasri to manchester city
I have a lot of respect for wegner, he is trully one of the best coaches, and his arsenal teams always play great and his eye for young talent is incredible, but getting rid of these 2 stars, who is he going to replace them with, I heard he wants to sign mata from valencia which I believe would be a great incorporation to the team, but who else? Is he committing suicide by letting these 2 players go, or with the good amount of $$$$ coming in can arsenal sign a couple of new stars? Thoughts any1
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Wenger's mad, everyone knows that. Even I thought he would finally break down and spend a good amount on at least one player. He hasn't been willing to do that, and I reckon he'll end up paying for it.

As far as retaing players goes, I don't think they couldve done anything about fabregas. He wants to go, and it looks as so he will soon. But I think Nasri wants to go because of the direction the team is heading, and that goes back to Wenger and his failure to make the right choices
Sam (Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
It also doesn't hurt that Man CIty want to pay Nasri ₤180, 000-a-week; no way Arsenal shell out that kind of money, unless Messi joined
Peteko 3 years ago
I could use his salary
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Yea, I forgot to mention that small detail Sam lol...
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
Arsenal brought this upon themselves. I think they're trust in Wegner is ridiculous. Not one title in 6 years. Any player would get frustrated. Arsenal should just hope their team does something with all the money they're about to recieve for those two. Enforcing the defence should be their priority, atleast, that's what I think
Ant (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Everyones saying Wenger is crazy, why is he doin XYZ. Understand that Fabregas has wanted to leave for many seasons now, and Nasri wants more money. Wenger knows he has no choice. I just hope he fills the gaps like Liverpool have already done. Selling Torres was the best thing they ever did in my opinion, and I hope selling Fabregas/Nasri has the same effect for Arsenal
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
I don't like wenger one bit, but if anyone can a get a no name to replace superstars, its him,
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
It is true what you say, but to replace fabregas and nasri their 2 biggest stars.... I think is going to be awfully hard to do so, and their facing champions league, and in the past years they've always made the champions, and done well in it, but not with man city making great moves and transfers, liverpool as well, and chelsea and man utd being as strong as always I don't see arsenal competing in the ucl or in the premier league anymore, I believe they need to add players and spend all that money they are going to recieve in 2-3 stars, with atleast 1 big superstar not just role players like wegner likes to do sometimes, why is he so afraid of spending the $$$$ is not coming out of his pocket!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Well they have a budget of 10m left I believe, with Nasri and Fabregas gone that brings it up to 70m. With 70m Wenger will surely get a CB, LB, and a new Nasri replacement (Its too early to say whether or not Ramsey is ready), He'll have too, or this season will definetley be his last

Kick4Life - changing lives through football