Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
How Many Will Henry Score? (and Assist)
TheBarcaShow (Footytube Staff) 2 years ago
So although the Henry deal isn't official it is imminent and is only a matter of time.

The question is how big of an impact will Henry bring to Arsenal, and the Barclay's Premier League?

We all know that stats cannot sum up the impact of a player but I made this for the purpose of just having fun.

All you have to do is post how many goals and assists you think that Henry will score in his short time back in England.

I counted a maximum of 10 fixtures which he can take part in taking into account that his MLS season begins on March 11th
I am going to say he will score 2 goals and assist 2 goals
Zlatan94310 (PSG) 2 years ago
First of all, it's good to see Henry back in Europe and play at top level in a competitive league.
I'm sure he'll score a bunch of goals and help Gunners get results. When you've got quality providers like Ramsey, Rosicky, Wilshere or Arteta, Henry should be very excited and looking forward to the upcoming games.
The question about Henry's impact for Arsenal is very important indeed BarcaShow. How productive will he be for Gunners with comparison to what Gervinho has done so far? .... Because Gervinho has been a Permanent Threat to the opposition so far this season, he's been outstanding.

Anyways, I'd like to see Henry playing on the left flank like he used to while playing for Barcelona, and I think he'll score around 4 to 6 goals/assists for Arsenal.
Will Wilshire be back to see the return of Henry? Not exactly sure when he is expected to return.

I think lots of people are ignoring the fact that Henry is not the same player he was when he was with Barcelona, let alone Arsenal. I still believe that he still possesses the leadership, vision, touch, flare, intelligence and everything else, actually the only thing that we should notice differently is the loss of the lightning pace which he used to have.

I would expect Henry to play a second striker role just behind RvP or as you said on the left flank like he was playing at Barcelona
FootyRulz (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Assuming he starts most of those games I think he could get 5 goals and 2 assists at the most
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 2 years ago
If he starts B-tier matches, and is only a sub in big matches, I say 2 assists and 3 goals
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
20 goals, 10 assists.

This is Thierry motherfucking Henry we're talking about.

Ok, no, in all seriousness, despite the fact I love the guy, I think Henry may not even assist once, and not score either, or perhaps blast home a penalty. I'm convinced he's there mainly as a beacon of inspiration. Much like how a general visits his troops on the battlefield
Ant (Liverpool) 2 years ago
Second paragraph, exactly right. He is there to inspire the team, playing alongside a living legend.

This is still my favourite goal of his and the one that he will be remembered for :
Jeroen (Barcelona) 2 years ago
That was his best assist though, not his best goal. But great skill and trickery with the ball though. Apparently his good friend Kobe Bryant taught him that trick
Jesuriya (AS Roma) 2 years ago
Now how many goals will scholes score and assist?
Borg (Manchester United) 2 years ago
I am going to wager that Henry gets 1 goal and 1 assist. He is one of my favorite players ever and I hope can score many more than this. The reason my guess is so low is because his style has changed so much since he was last in the EPL, I am unsure if he will be able to adapt quickly enough in the small time-frame
WhiteHartRogue (Tottenham Hotspur) 2 years ago
Maybe he will get an assist because he will be on the wing, but I can't really see him doing too much. Maybe he will be good to have around to inspire the players, but on the pitch I can't see him doing that much really
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 2 years ago
Exactly! If Henry comes to the Epl and do that much damage I would consider this league really weak
Someone pass me the ketchup, I need to eat my words

Clinical finish today from a born goalscorer. I have to hand it to him, I didn't think he could handle football at this level, but he played an even handed game and I'm sure Wenger was delighted to have him on hand to play as a sub. Lets give him a big hand
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
Brilliant, he surprised me big time. What a legend for Arsenal
Yes he really got a grasp on returning to Arsenal. He wears his heart on his sleeve and will do anything at all to make sure his team wins. I don't think he was looking for a hand-out this time, just that when Arsene offered him the opportunity to return, he grabbed it firmly with both hands
ManUK (Manchester United) 2 years ago
It's true, he's very good at grasping the situation
Yogan (Chelsea) 2 years ago
He'll score 12 because its 2012, his number is 12 and he scored his 12th goal in 12 games against Leeds last night. And he'll make 4 assists
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 2 years ago
7 goals

Kick4Life - changing lives through football