Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
How Many Football Matches Have You Been To?
Liverpoolsam7 (Inter Milan) 4 years ago
How many football matches have you been to? 1.... 2.... Or more?
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
I've been to two matches Sam, both Derby County matches, one against Doncaster and one against West Brom. We beat them both!
4 years ago
Somewhere between 200 and 250 at a very rough estimate
Let me guess, you've got a season ticket. But if you haven't you are joking
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Wow, that's a hard one sam, I'm 51yrs old and have been going to old trafford for years, maybe 3-4 sometimes 5 games a season, so its quite a few, I don't think it would top netnerds 250, but i've been to a few.
And I'm adding to my tally at the ac milan return leg on march 10th
Sam says he meant to post this on the Terrace, he isn't really used to the site because he hasn't been on for months now and doesn't really know which forums he should post topics on
You and yogan should be helping him ben, he's gotta' start somewhere
Soccergal293 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I've only been to one!
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
100 or so...
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Zero  Not even a cricket match
Ouch, you'll be able to one day!
It's one of my wishes-to watch a football match live in the stadium
Lee (Kidderminster Harriers) 4 years ago
I wouldn't bother with cricket. Soooo tedious. Only slightly exciting thing that happened all day (for me), was when a wasp accidentally fell into my drink
Lol
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Rockerr one day we will meet at Anfield Road! And sit beside in the KOP !
I feel sorry for the wasp, I'm sure the poor thing suffered a fate worse than death.
Disappearing down that bearded black hole.
Rest in peace. Waspy
He was probably drunk and never felt a thing
Ya, One day I'll be watching Liverpool playing at ANfield!
I've seen liverpool twice rockerr, I was at old trafford last season when they beat us 4-1, I was gutted, I was right down beside the liverpool fans as well, they were having a ball.
Ferdinand and vidic had a nightmare that day, torres was brilliant.
I seen them beat liverpool 4-1 as well, must have been around 2003 or thereabouts, sami hyppia got sent off that day.... Much better match.... Lol
I think that's the only red card Sami Hyppia ever got!  And you all guys are lucky, watching a lot of live matches
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Oh Lol I've been to two only went to my first one in December 2009 with Derby22 (derby 2-2 West bromwich albion) and then F. A cup against Doncaster (1-0 to us) then obviously we lost to Birmingham 2-1 in the next round. I'm going to the DCFC-Watford game on March 6th. Good luck with getting to one Rockerr (and Prag too)
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
84 games! Just German Bundesliga!
That's great!
Rowley87 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I like to keep my ticket stubbs, so I can tell you for certain, that I've been up to see my Chelsea 18 times. I'd go more often but I'm on the Isle of Wight, so it's a big burden on my wallet. I've only been to two finals, Cheslea vs Arsenal Carling Cup 2007, and Chelsea Vs Man Utd at the new wembley this season for the shield (if you call that a final)
Vika09 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Been to 3:

Man Utd v Arsenal (1999) - Yes the epic Giggs run match
--- moved country ---
Spain v Korea (2002 WC QTR. Finals)
Man Utd. V Chelsea (UEFA Champ Finals)

All very nice matches, parents don't believe on spending too much money on 'frivolous' things.
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 4 years ago
I;m going to go to a sydney FC math oneday.  
Somere (Portmore Utd) 4 years ago
I have been to many games. I am moving to england as soon as I finish university and if possible get a job working at OT so I won't miss a game
Gbherron (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
Just a handful of Sounders games for me (2 this year with MLS and several more back in the USL days). I've also been to a pair of National team games down in Texas while visiting family. As for other sports, I've been a season ticket holder with the Montana Griz since about age 5 (that place can rock) and I traveled to the rivalry game in Bozemon this past fall. My family also kind of toured baseball parks for a while. My mom has conferences she has to go to every summer and they shift from East to Central to West. I've probably been to over half of the MLB parks

Kick4Life - changing lives through football