Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Heskey Or Crouch?
Matt (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
Ok England go into this weeks World Cup qualifiers with Kazakhstan and Andorra. The question I have is who do you think should partner Rooney (a given I feel) up front.

Rooney seems to play better with a large target man and in my opinion I would have Crouch, as he does all the knock downs etc. but also weighs in with a few goals himself.
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Yea crouch he should always star his hieght man that is no question of I had a team and crouch was on it he would have to start
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I think Rooney plays pretty well on the left, like how Fergie places him, that leaves room for both Crouch and Heskey up front...
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
Crouch is better on corners
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Mr. Tall he is
Exactly why I picked him lol I'm 6-3
He beats you at 6-7 lol
Lol he's not Jan Koller or Nikola Zigic!
Not exactly
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I'd say crouch, he can win tons of headers practicaly without jumping
Kudos
Yombe10 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
It's obviously Crouchie, Heskey is getting up there in old age and hasn't been playing at the top of his game for a while
Momoali (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Better Forwed I would say Crouchie he scores GOAL's
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Crouch is tall, but he isn't good at headers at all. He is only good at header tap-ins. So I will choose Heskey as he is a good striker, he has composure
Ragarsha (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Sorry for going out of topic I would say cole are owen
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
True....
I think Charlton Cole is really finding his form.... He playes really well and can score goals....
Hopefully he can do that in the England squad as well....
Matt (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
Owen though? Your showing a lot of faith in what can only be a players past acheivements
England need players who score at a good rate heskey I guess he scored after 3 yrs crouch may have scored lately but owen is only english striker with better strike rate(may be ronney will achieve it)
Tom (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I say neither. Give some1 else a shot
Like who, Owen! Lol he's getting up there in age, and Agbonglahor has been off form lately. And they are for sure not going to take someone from the U-21 roster
Owen sounds good
Tom (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Perhaps defoe
Defoe is good choice. I never thought about him. Hmm
I never though bout him lately either but right now he's the best of 'em
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
I'd say carlton cole, on a srteak right now but besides that crouchy he's the robot on top!
Crouch when he was at liverpool he sometimes misses point blank headers
I know
Then it would be costly for england in their road to world cup, I guess owen should be given a chance to prove what do you think ronney
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Crouch for his sheer lankiness. Heskey aint fast enough or good enough for international football
Yay! Tall lanky guys unite! Lol  But Heskey is definitely strong enough.  He can wrestle with any defender for a 50/50 ball.
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Rooney has recently played more of a Center Forward role at Manu (when he's not out wide), so I'd say heskey, 'cause he's faster and would be better to run off the ball
Ya I've always been more of a Center Forward instead of striker
As long as you score I'm a happy camper lol
Yea haha
Roo10ney (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Of course Crouch, unless its a rugby match....
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Crouch isn't THAT good at headers skill wise, he is just plain tall, he is good at getting the ball down for assists bt that's about it imo, Hesley just breaks up the play from his sheer size and gets assits, so their both useless, Just give Carol/Bent/Sturridge a chance
Northstream (Tottenham Hotspur) 3 years ago
Crouch occasionally scores with a great header. However his overall game is too poor. In our last friendly in South Africa the other day he was simply horrible

Kick4Life - changing lives through football