Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Golden Boot 11/12
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Oyay we all know the routine haha, this is a season to get excited about though, I think it will be top notch. So pick who you think will get the most goals in each league, including the champions league

Premiership: Luis Suarez I hope it's true, he likes to set up goals but he can also catch fire(49 goals for Ajax a few seasons ago)

Serie A: as much as I want to say Djibril Cisse, I think I will go with Mr. Alexander Pato. I guessed Cavani last year and I think he was close and did well, but I can't go with two Uruguayans in a row. Watch out for Stevan Jovetic who is making a comeback this year. May not get loads and loads of goals, but man can he play football

La Liga: Messiah, boring I know but what the hell are you going to do against the kid, he can't be stopped

Bundesliga: Papiss Cisse, redemption for Djibril, fantastic player and I think he will score plenty. Thomas Muller is another player I would love to see play well

Ligue Un: Always a hard one to decide, I will go with Lisandro Lopez not a bold choice, but it is what it is

Now the big one, the champppiiioooooooonnnssssssssssss!

As much as I think Lio will score the most in the champions league again, I will take a shot in the dark and say Sammy Eto'o, love Eto'o such a fantastic player. In all reality Messiah will probably do work again, what can you do?

LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Premeirship: Wayne Rooney - Guys been on fire when he made his spectacular comeback, reckon he will own it this year Lol jks its gonna' be Sturridge

La Liga: CR7 or Messi, I'll go for a wildcard and say Van Nisterlooy

Bundesliga: Lucas Barrios think he will score alot this year, maybe Muller.

Serie A: Alexandre Pato

Champions League: Messi
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Premiership: Luis Suarez: I think our team is going to score plenty of goals. And Suarez will be the man leading the attack so I think he will score most of our goals.

La Liga: Cristiano Ronaldo: He will get another pachichi this year

Bundesliga: Gomez

Serie A: Ibrahimovic

Ligue 1: Sow

Champions League: Messi and Ronaldo tied
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
Premiership: Chicharito, there are lots of candidates (three or more just on Man Utd) but I'll go with the little pea to have another great season and get more playing time early on.

La Liga: Ronaldo, Barcelona's an incredibly good team, so I can't see one player (I mean messi of course) getting so many goals for them. Where as Real's attack seems to mainly rely on Ronnie

Serie A: Eto'o, though I could see him or Pato/Ibra getting this.

Bundesliga: Muller, Gomez also but I'll go with muller to have a great season

Champions league: Messi, I think both United and Barca will go far in the champions league again this season so I was thinking of maybe putting Wayne Rooney there, but Messi seems to have a knack of scoring a lot in Europe
Messi does score majorly for barca, take him out and they're goes half the goals and the assists
ManUK (Manchester United) 3 years ago
He does, but it's not like Ronaldo and Madrid. At least last season
Cloudst 3 years ago
Premiership: RVP/Rooney I think rooney will be massive for united same goes for RVP who was a phenom at the end of the season I think he'll keep that form up

La Liga: Ronaldo, he'll just keep scoring and scoring

Serie A: Pato, he's got his goal scoring switch on so I could see him getting it

Bundesliga: Barrios, he was great last season I think he'll be better this season

Cl: i'll say ronaldo here to I think he'll have a great champions league this upcoming season
Somere (Portmore Utd) 3 years ago
Epl. Hernandez. With cleverley, nani, rooney, anderson and young all supplying him, he will be unstoppable.

La Liga- Ronaldo

Serie A- Pato

Bundesliga- gomez
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
EPL : Suarez. RVP if he can stay fit. (unlikely )
La Liga: Guiseppe Rossi!
Serie A: Di Natale or Ibra. (lots of people saying Pato clearly forget the fact he's the RVP of Serie A )
Bundesliga: Lucas Barrios
Champions League: I better not say and keep my extreme bias to myself
Ah s**t sticks, forget about Di Natale, the goal-machine, reckon he'll cause alot of trouble for Arsenal.

And La Liga one is little biased towards italy
Nah, no Italy bias and all, I figured it'll be boring to put the same ol' Cr7 or Lionel, so yeah decided to go wild and picked Rossi
And about Di Natale, it's very fashionable for people to forget him and talk about Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo, Ibra blah blah while he's silently netting a truck load of goals saving Udine almost single handedly. (he does, NOT Sanchez)
Luqmaank (Chelsea) 3 years ago
EPL: Luis Suarez

Serie A: Ibrahimovic

La Liga: ALexis Sanchez

Bundesliga: Mario Gotze

Ligue 1: Loic Remy

Champions League: Wayne Rooney

Yamsy (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I also hope Suarez will be able to score 30 odd goals this coming season. A man can dream. Other than him, of course the Messi's, the Ronaldo's and the Forlan's will score at least more than 20 goals.
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
These are my predictions for the top 4 leagues

Epl - Suarez, Rooney and, believe it or not, Torres. I think Torres will finally come back to his best. I wanted to put Aguero but, I wasn't sure because I haven't seen him play for Man City yet.

La Liga - Ronaldo, Messi and either Villa or Benzema. I couldn't decide which one of the 2 would do better. Benzema was amazing during Pre-season and Villa is always a good choice. Higuain & Rossi could also be there if they step up.

Serie A - Pato, Di Natale and Ibrahimovic. Never rule out Cavani, Pazzini or Eto'O (if he stays). Maybe Juventus might finally do good this year and some of their players like Vucinic, Quagliarella or Matri could be up their as well.

Bundesliga - Gomez, Raul and Huntelaar. I think Huntelaar might finally step up this season. Barrios, Farfan & Robben could also be good candidates

Kick4Life - changing lives through football