Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Giggs PFA Player Of The Year..hmmm
Neonseong (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Whats your guys & gal.... Gals? Opinion?
I don't think he deserved it not because I'm a Liverpool fan but other players deserved it.
1. Didn't play too much, subbed in a lot.
2. 1goal and 7assist
3. I think it's sorta out of pity, because his old.
4. If any Man UTD player was going to win it. It should of been Viddic.
5. Even eurosports said Torres should of won it
IgnitedSoul (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Ya dude I was kinda hoping vidic would win it, but you can't deny the fact that giggs deserve it after the all that he has done at his time for man utd. Dude.... Torres has alot of years ahead of him, giggs's years are numbered so torres will have alot of chance to grab the PFA player of the year
Yeah I agree that Giggs has done a lot and that his numbered, but the fact is "player of the year" other years shouldn't matter. Although Torres is my favorite and his playing good, I think with that injury he had while back, that killed his chance of winning it.

I was thinking Gerrard or Lampard should of deserved it if not Vidic, but maybe that red card had to do something with him not winning?
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
They just gave him the award cause he's an old hero and he's never won the award
Carlspurg (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
The prize is voted for by the players themselves so in that respect you can see they went with the fact he's been a somewhat ambassador to the game
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
He's more of the " Player of the Century "    Damn I thought gerrard or vidic would have swooped it D:
They should of just made a whole new award for Giggs and give the PFA award to somebody who actually deserved it
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Lol.... Yea.... The "Veteran of the Year Award"...
They actually should have that, they have young player of the year so why not the opposite?
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
I agree
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Very true.... Maybe we should vote for one...
I just feel like other players who really deserved it got robbed out of it
Elninoyash (Liverpool) 5 years ago
AND lastly. IReland deserved young player he was way better than young.... THe way hey gave gigggs the awardaccroding to that pele shuld win the next fifa awared :x
I think the reason Young winning young player of the year had to do with Villa being such a surprise and Young being a big part of that surprise. Ireland played great but Man City played like s**t for awhile and are now coming back up
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I think Gerrard should have won the PFA but Giggs does deserve to win it once in his career. Gerrard just had an untimely injury to rob him of it. But Giggs is a great player as well, Torres will win many in his career if he stays in the form he is in. I love Gerrard and Torres together
VanPersie (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Lol where was rvp
Van Persie did play awesome this year, and he had a lot of goals right? That goal he scored against Liverpool this year killed me, Keane scored a nice equalizer though That goal by RvP was pretty fantastic.

Now the one in your picture is of a whole other caliber
I posted it on "Greatest Goal Ever in Open Play"
Nitro (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Giggsy is a legend, even at his age still playing beautiful football.... Well deserved for all he has done throughout the years
Don't rob it off him. He does deserve to win one just to make he's cv look a bit better
LoL
He's gonna' apply for the position of cleaner of anfield after he retires.    Kidding
LOL funny. He'll be the groundsman at Liverpool, He'll apply for Man UTD but they will turn him down. Lol
Lol I wish. Haha nah kidding, he would take the manager role in the future I think
He would be a great manager
Yeah hey have you noticed the Meebo thing isn't working tonight
ITS pissing US ALL OFF loool  And thanks for adding me. I can contact you when its working
Yeah I know you can. Meebo has an ager problem
It'd be funny if Giggs became a commentator for Liverpool
AGHH, Now I Do D:
Huh?
It's all good we can just talk through the forum hey do you guys know how to move a topic to the off topic?
I think mods can only do that
Yeah that's what I thought
Lol if only star strikers could too
I'll send a message to Vlad or Lee or something haha, I didn't even realize there was an off-topic till a few days ago.

Haha John Bonham and Keith Moon really have nothing to do with footy. Hahaaaha

Kick4Life - changing lives through football