Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Fastest Player Ever
Lfc4life (Liverpool) 5 years ago
I think its henry on this video  
I think this guy was on drugs this game
VanPersie (Arsenal) 5 years ago
That was amazing he looked like he was on fast foward and the thers were in slow motion. Those defenders must have been teribly slow I know henery is fast but really, that was astonishing
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Holy s**t, I'm actually shocked, never knew he was that fast, that's incredible, looks like he was flying for a few metres
Hill (Arsenal) 5 years ago
He doesn't even get up to full speed until he is fully past the defenders. Ridiculous!
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Incredible
GoonerXi (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Man he could've been an Olympic sprinter!  
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Wow that was just amazing haha
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
That is truly absurd, he actually looks like he might be as fast as me
Cyb0027 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Holy s**t...
[account-removed] 5 years ago
" Are you Bolt in disguise? "
Riggs (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Let me tell you this. I was always pretty fast. But I was even faster, when I was chasing the ball. If you're after the ball you get rockets in your shoes
Ibsker (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Why doesn't we see him in that speed anymore?
Duartej86 (CA Boca Juniors) 5 years ago
RONALDO FROM BRASIL IS THE FASTEST AND BEST STRIKER EVER
Algerian10 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Wow he was fast! But the fastest, I think it's Samuel Eto'o
Illskillz718 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Yea Henry was quick as hell. Theo Walcott is also pretty fast, I heard he would sometimes outrun Henry during practices when he was still playing at Arsenal
Jeroen (Barcelona) 4 years ago
@ Ibsker: pretty simple: barça play a dominant rather slow type of football with fast touches of the ball. They build up attacks instead of going for the counter. When Henry was still Arsenal's superstriker, they'd often go for a speedy counter, play a through ball to him and watch him blaze off alone towards the goal. Not any more at Barça.
Also; he's 32 now, and he has endured some serious injuries. I doubt he'd still be able to run with such pace in a game these days because of that
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Flip - Lfc4Life for sure is right, he can't have run that fast without bieng on drugs. Or it might be helpful if someone told me who France were agianst because you know, not all teams have fast players. Very very fast!
Seantoon (Newcastle United) 4 years ago
Wow Henry is fast!
Dhanasil (Manchester United) 4 years ago
He s really fast
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Maradonna.... Sheer pace and skill made him elusive to defenders...
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
That was sick. From Henry. But for me its Walcott Maradona Messi or Charlton. He was fast
Messi isn't fast!    Brazil vs Argentina only a few months ago messi could not catch kaka when kaka had the ball
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 5 years ago
Well, more than a few months but point made.
Hill (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I didn't know Messi was that slow. Although it doesn't look like he was sprinting back his hardest...
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Messi isn't slow. If you watch him play, he runs by everybody and with the ball. Maybe he is slower without the ball at his feet
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Messi obviously didn't try to keep up with Kaka, normally the defenders are supposed to do their job from the moment one single players runs up towards them, but all of Artgentina had a horrible game there.
If you don't believe Messi's actually tremendously fast, check out his most legendary goal:
[youtube]vokEFFCtpBY[/youtube]
He is not fast, he is not slow either, I can honestly say people are somewhat stupid is they think he is (as the thread it titled) the 'fastest player ever'.

He is just faster than the average quick player, imo he is not on the same level of speed as kaka or henry (in his prime) etc...
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Quickness and speed are very different. Messi is ridiculously quick, but maybe his sprinting speed isn't as good
Kafka (Bayern Munchen-A) 5 years ago
Messi looks fast when he's on the ball because he is exactly as fast with the ball as he is without it. And, as JohnnyG astutely observed, he is very quick but not very fast
Duartej86 (CA Boca Juniors) 5 years ago
RONALDO FROM BRASIL IS THE FASTEST PLAYER AND BEST STRIKER
Deuthschl4nd (Hamburger SV) 4 years ago
Yea Messi isn't that fast but his acceleration is faster than almost anyone, that's why he outruns most of the players who are faster but take a while to reach their top speed
Messi is fast - it is true, if you watch his goal against Getafe, he completely outruns all the other players, because his dribbling is fantastic. Btw Ronaldo wasn't the fastest and best of all time striker - Pele was with no doubt. Besides the match between Brazil and Argentina was only a friendly, and Messi just wasn't backpedalling like he sprints when he is attacking. I'm not saying Kaka is not fast, but Messi is surely faster
Dhanasil (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Not that good a header
Nitro (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Ronaldo
Bhawk11 (Bayern München) 5 years ago
Oh my god I have seriously never seen anyone that fast
Luca Toni is the fastest player of ALL TIME. Hands down.      .... Jk! LOL. Never in a million years
I think this guy Usain Bolt would proably win a quote: “I love football and I love United. I used to play but I’m no striker. I’m more of a defender or midfielder. I can’t score goals but I'm fast". He would proably win
EmYouEffSee (Manchester United) 5 years ago
The guy that shatters olympic records, should be pretty fast.... Or atleast I think so
Yea, but he's a 100m sprinter, he can't run for the whole of 90mins...
[account-removed] 5 years ago
Haha are you kidding? Think how much that guys trains? He would easily do 90 and have more to give, as long as he didn't run full pace all game
Ibsker (Manchester United) 5 years ago
But imagine how it would look like when he was giving his best?
Algerian10 (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Yes lol, Yamsy what are you saying have NO DAMN sense!, he could stay 90mins, he just won the 100m cause it's 100m you have to give 100%....

-sigh-
I don't want to even imagine Usain Bolt on the pitch. If he had the combination of ball control and the quickness like messi.... It would be a sight most definitely
Matt (Footytube Staff) 5 years ago
Of current premiership players I think it's a toss up between Gabriel Agbonlahor and Theo Walcott.

When Theo first joined I remember reading Henry admitting he (Theo) was faster than him
Raf (Atletico Belo Horizonte) 5 years ago
Ronaldo the phenomenon sprinting and Kaka' with the ball
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Cristiano Ronaldo, Walcott, Odonkor, Messi, Kaka and Torres. That's some famous few I can mention
I forgot about Odonkor, he's a speed demon...
Yes I still can remember Odonker in the world cup he ripped up Poland with his pace. There are proably many faster players out there but we only no the big names
Odonkor also caused Italy fits in the semi's as well with his pace
Actually I've never really heard of Odonkor, but I certainly saw him come on for Germany, and he isn't the most known player. He's quick, but not the quickest. Probably my vote would be.... Er.... Messi, Torres and Walcott as the top three, followed by Ronaldo, Kaka and Odonkor. Then Aaron Lennon
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
NO NO everybody, Lennon and Jesus Navas are both amazingly fast. Its between them too!
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Ah it's between [C.] Ronaldo and Lennon you are wrong my friend
Lennon how could I forget he is a real speedster and plays a bit like walcot. Walcot a bit faster I think
No Lennon is a fast useless ol' Winger
Useless! How dare you!
Navas is really quick speed merchant. Lennon isn't useless but he is brainless. Doesn't know what to do once he skins the defender
I know I was a bit harsh but yes that's how I feel when he attacks, he needs to work on his crossing
He does but not much else he a real good player and I like the lad
Tnadidas3 (Celtic) 5 years ago
I don't think it is Ronaldo actually. I agree with those who are mentioning the likes of Walcott and Lennon. I think it is a toss up between Walcott, Lennon, and Agbonlahor
Yea lennon and walcott are very fast too
Isn't Shaun Wright-Phillips really fast as well?
Not as fast as walcott
Lennon I believe is the quickest and most agile. Walcott, Agbonlahor, Ashley Young, Clichy, Lennon, Messi, CRonaldo are all fast. Don't know who'd win in a race. Maybe Walcott, Lennon, or Agbonlahor. I also believe Kaka is fast but doesn't look like it because he takes long strides which makes up more ground with least amount of steps
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Can't belive you forgot Torres that guy is also fast. So is Iniesta
Very True. If torres was a winger it would help us see it more
But torres is a striker and he is the worlds best. He still uses his pace to split defences. Benayoun is extremely quick
Benayoun isn't fast.... He's just really agile, put his pace isn't quick...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football