Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Fabregas To Leave Next Season?
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
As I went through today's rumours, I found one that was much more shocking than others....
It said "Arsenal and Barca 'sign pact' on Cesc Fabregas's £30m return to the Nou Camp in 2010"....

This is what it meant, Arsenal and Barca have agreed that Fabregas will be returning to the Catalans in the next summer transfer window, for a fee around 30mill!

Link: www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1207595...
So, what do you guys take of this?
Let me hear you Gunner fans...
Hill (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I don't know what to think anymore. I just hope Cesc doesn't leave us. I can't see him playing very much over there, and feel it would be a bad move
M4rsenal (Arsenal) 5 years ago
It would, cesc will play just as a sub when xavi and iniesta are injured, ore in the small games, just like hleb failure.  
Wow, that would be a pure waste!
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
But he's better than Helb he's on of the best in the world fab
Hleb wasn't that bad, look at him in the arsenal times, and look at his career now.
He said, in an interview, that was fabulos in barcelona but the biggest fault in his life was leaving one of the best teams in the world, arsenal.
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I didn't say Helb was Bad at all I just said Fabregas was better
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
This sounds like a rumor to me, just because of the fact that the season just started. I feel sorry for all of the Gooners, considering the fact that he just came off of a two goal and an assist performance
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
Yea I heard something similar although I forgot where that Barca were going to buy Cesc but loan him to Arsenal for one year. I don't think Fabregas will want to leave Arsenal though especially if they win silverware which seems more likely after Arsenal's first match
Yombe10 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I agree with you. If Arsenal wins some silverware these season, I doubt he'll want to go. If he did however, I'm sure he would receive plenty of playing time
If you guys get the UCL, I'm sure he'll stay, the club's atmosphere would be too good to leave...
RonanKnows (Arsenal) 5 years ago
That's something that has surprised me recently. We've always been seen as having quiet fans but recently we've had fantastic support from our away fans at Everton and Celtic. We almost sung Celtic Park out!

"He's five foot four, he's five foot foooooour! We've got Arshavin, so f**k Adebayor!"
Elucari (Liverpool) 5 years ago
If cecs leaves, Arsenal will suck big time
Same on gerrard
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I don't think cesc will leave for barca until he wins the champions league with arsenal, or maybe even the EPL. He strikes me as that kind of player
LAblaugrana (Barcelona) 5 years ago
That article is just an echo of one that appeared in the Catalan sports dailies. If the reporting is to be believed, the deal has been agreed but will only be triggered if Arsenal fail to qualify for the Champions League (this year or next). A bit of a long shot, admittedly, but you can't blame them for trying
Match (San Jose Earthquakes) 5 years ago
It's arsenal's turn to be bothered by the spanish jedi mind tricks
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Well I don't see why barca would want him? Then either he, xavi or iniesta will be on bench and that's just a waste, if barca want to buy someone they should get another young defender for when puyol retires or moves on
They already have a few young talented defenders, like Caceres...
It's completly the same adamus, on alixandre hleb, that in arsenal had his first team football and he showed his quality. He went on barça and he didn't find space. They want cesc just because they're afraid on xavi and iniesta, they want him because they did wrong to don't keep him. It's a type of whim, like a thorn in the foot...
ArsenalDNA (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Cesc will leave one day but not yet.... Its a dream for everyone to end their career at a club they love, he knows its too soon, he's only 22.... He won't leave the club that made him what he is today, he's too loyal just like messi. Not he's fault wenger made him too good at an early age
Well, it's different with Messi seeing as he's at "the club" that every player wants to end up in
Arsenal is no small club, but with alittle silverwear, you could make it even more attractive...
We have the riches, we have the manager, we have the facilities, we have the youth, we have the future, we have the history, we have the players, but we're missing that little spurt of luck
TOtally agree MainEvent, we didn't have the luck. Just look at 2007 2008 season
Match (San Jose Earthquakes) 4 years ago
Messi has an incredible story with barca. He's not going anywhere for a very long time. If you want an example of loyalty in the modern day from a world class star, look no further. It may not be barca, but I can see cesc leaving in the future if arsenal does not perform better overall
The era of players starting and ending their careers at a club are over. Fabregas will leave Arsenal but the question everyone is asking is: when?

I slightly agree with Charlie in that I believe Fabregas will stay at Arsenal until he reaches the club's, and his personal goals (winning a major piece of silverware). But then again, if Arsenal don't win a trophy next season or the season after I believe it will speed up the process of Fabregas' departure.

As for this rumor, it's complete rubbish. The Catalan media are constantly spurting out "believable" rumors that are aimed to make one question a player.

Look at Thierry Henry. During his Arsenal career, we were a highly successful club and we won a lot of silverware. Thierry Henry left the club at around 30 years old and his reason was, "I had reached all my goals at Arsenal and I needed a different challenge. " Most Arsenal fans are still give Henry their highest respect as he didn't ditch us due to lack of fame and we arguably got the best of his career.

This can be reflected by Fabregas if we step up our race for the title and start looking dangerous game-in and game-out.

Personally, I don't see Fabregas leaving in the next five years. Maybe that's just wishful thinking
Well, I hope that Cesc stays as well, a very good player to watch in a Prem...
Yes the premier won't be this without torres, drogba, lampard gerrard keane defoe and the other players.
It is really really strange, but I miss ronaldo here. It's weird from a die hard gooner witch hates him, but without him it's like when henry leaved. There's no best players and competitions between them
Sphinx42 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Henry left to win the Champions League and he was successful (also he wasn't getting any younger and Barca splashed some nice figures in front of him).... I believe Cesc is of a different character and I believe Cesc will leave after this season if no piece of silver is lifted
He wasn't getting any younger. YES we know that he is just like drogba, I mean henry.... If he had to finish his career to the gooners like he said that stunk a lot. I was disappointed. He has got 1 or 2 years to play, he had to play them in arsenal
Santillanavila (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
Now I read an article that says Fabregas will leave if they don't win against Celtic
Dayve (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Even though I am sure its a temptaion for fabergas to head home to Spain to ply his trade it would be a foolish move for Wenger to let him go. I know that if it comes down to it theres not a lot that can be done if Cesc has his heart some place other than with the gunners, but other that speculation in the spanish media there doesn't seem to be anything pointing to Fabergas wanting to leave the Emirates in the forseeable future. However I definitly agree with the earlier posts that Arsenal's ability to secure silverware sooner than later will affect cesc's desire to remain with the club in the long term
Yic0ng (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Captain fabulous will leave emirates for sure. But not now ! Gunners are challenging for every competition they are in. Thomas. Vermalean is a very good signing !
For sure not now, we're talking about next season...
For sure not now, we're talking about next season...
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 5 years ago
He will leave to Barca for sure. But I don't think nxt season
The cold cut reality of it all is players will get tired of the same thing. Especially players of Fabregas' caliber. After growing up at Arsenal and becoming a top footballer there, it's only natural that he'd want to apply his trade somewhere else.

I, as an avid Arsenal supporter, wouldn't criticize him if he left
So when do you think he'll leave? Jan? Next season? Season after that?
As I said before, he'll probably leave next season if Arsenal don't win anything at all this season. If they do then he may stick around for another year or two. But I guarantee you that in three years time, Fabregas is at another club

Kick4Life - changing lives through football