Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Eto'o To Anzhi Makhachkala
Francesco2286 (Barcelona) 3 years ago
This is quite a shocking transfer, a team I have never heard of in my life, is in the russian league I believe
Eto'o is still a world class striker and I believe could go to a much better club and a much more competitive club, but to go to a team which I believe very few have heard of, and to a league that is not one of the big ones around the world, why would he agree to go there? This is of course going on by reports that the transfer is already practically done
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
I've heard of them, Rangers played them when Dick Advocaat was in charge and we were supposed to play them over 2 legs in the uefa cup I think, but there was a war going on over there at the time so it got played as a one off match in Poland I think and Bert Konterman scored the only goal to win 1-0 for Rangers!
Pragathish (AC Milan) 3 years ago
Plumb crazy.... 20M per season what in the name of Fu....!  Man the game is getting ruined
Yamsy (Liverpool) 3 years ago
What a waste. He's still got lots of quality in him, for at least a few more years. Hey, ifno one else wants him, I wouldn't mind him in Liverpool, but I guess his wage is too much. Leave it to Blackburn then.
Even if he was going to retire, it be better if he followed the likes of Henry, Marquez, Keller and Angel, by playing in the MLS. He's the type of player they need to make the MLS bigger
Markodon (NK Dinamo Zagreb) 3 years ago
Russian league is nr. 6 in Europe.... Theyve already had some world class players transfer to one of the first division clubs. Anzhi is currently in the top 5 I believe
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
I read an article. Their planning to be as good or even better than Barcelona. Their have real ambitions. And they think they can achieve it in the next 5 years. Lets wait and see
Yamsy (Liverpool) 3 years ago
That's what "the new look" Blackburn side said as well
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
True that
JulioFC (Inter Milan) 3 years ago
As an Inter fan, I personally, did not want him to leave but, the mere fact that he is still worth that much money for someone who is 30 years old is unbleiveable. I Like Eto'O, he's on e of the greatest strikers of his generation but, for that amount of money, I'm not surprised Inter sold him. Inter need money and selling Eto'O was good deal. With that money, they can get themselves a younger Strkier like Rossi, Neymar, etc. I just hope Inter do the same thing with some of their other players who are 30 years old and over while they're still worth something. Except for Zanetti of course lol. I think they should try to sell Pandev, Stankovic & Diego Milito and istead try to buy players such as Ganso, Criscito, Rossi, Neymar or Montolivo. Atleast, that's what I suggest so they don't have to get rid of Sneijder
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
How have you not heard of them, they bid for neymar, got Yuri Zhirkov and Robertos Carlos is their captain, Racial discrimination is high in russian league, I hope eto'o does not suffer the same fate...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football