Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
English Premier League 08-09
Charlie (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I figured I would make one instead of having 5 different threads.

Well let's see, at half time, Liverpool is up 3-0 at Anfield, and with a win, they'll be 1 point behind ManU.

I think Liverpool is going to take it, I've said it from the beginning of the season
Sandez (Manchester United) 5 years ago
No they won't
Yes they will.    Edit: wow, I didn't know it was going to start this....
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Yes we will lol    Edit: LOL chango you are awesome
Momoali (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Oh yes we willl
Oh yes we shall!
Abepaih (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Yes again
Yes ONCE MORE
Guhan (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Yes they lllll    
GoonerXi (Arsenal) 5 years ago
The title's going to Merseyside. And assuming that Sandez is an Arsenal fan, he should be going for Liverpool, just because it'd mean he'd be against Manure
U're breaking the chain. Yes or no? Lol
YES THEY WILL    This IS ONE quote mountain LOOL    Abepaih: I take that as a yes lool
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Yeeeesssssss! Liverpool come on
YESSS WEE SHALL!
YES SIR!
Oh GawD YeS!
Liverpool Will win the title YNWA
RedForUnited (Manchester United) 5 years ago
We'd rather walk alone.... With the title
Goonaboy213 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
YES!
FOR MY SAKE    Yes
OHHHH YESSS!
[account-removed] 5 years ago
Liverpool WIN NO!  Utd YES!
YES!    
Yes!
You never know sanderz    And we finished 5-0 btw
I think liverpool will win with goal difference
If it comes down to that, definitaly
Once again    Yesssssssss!
Dali (Manchester United) 5 years ago
ManU is going to take the EPL don't worry
Your just saying that because you support them
Am saying liverpool because they are playing better and look like they going to win every game but man utd are playing very bad at the moment and look like they are going to drop more points than liverpool
Exactly.    Tell Us Your View From a Neatral Point mate
Bakedpotato2 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
And you just liverpool fans
ClarkIron (West Ham United) 5 years ago
I am a west ham fan and from my perspective although liverpool are in a rich vein of form atm I can't see man utd losing 3 in a row
I hope tottenham qualifies for the europa league this season, right now they would have to finish 7th to get in. "fingers crossed"
Tottenham is doing well, don't worry ese. They even beat chelsea. I would love to see spurs in champions league though. Well, maybe next year. I'm getting tired of the big 3, excluding united. LOL
Ese? Hahaha
I don't because they'll just put out a s**t team and disrespect it. I'd like to see a team like West Ham or Fulham to get in there and give it a good go
Come on now, you know why they put out a s**t team.

Getting knocked out of the uefa cup is not as bad being relegated. I was mad that they put out a s**t team aswell, but the most important thing then was the prem.

I also thought what redknapp said about there being too many games in such a short period of time was bullshit.

The players are proffesionals, they should be prepared for a long season
ClarkIron (West Ham United) 5 years ago
How could I disagree with Sandez! Since we're no longer in the FA cup a 7th place finish is our best shot at europe and believe me if we qualify we will be there to win it, not just to make up the numbers. Zola values competitions such as these.... So much more professional that Redknapp who insists complaining about everything
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Manchester has a potential 4 point lead, we've had two rough games.... We'll turn it around
GoonerXi (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Sure you will!
With losers like Ronaldo and Rooney you won't be able to pick up. Or maybe Liverpool will just be too good.
Put, whatever Phelan says, MAN UTD WILL PAY FOR complacency
Ronaldo and rooney = losers? They're match winners ese. Livepool will be too good to be true. Lol
Better hurry up then UVAcavs47
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Today is evidence enough, if we need a win we'll get it
Liverpool won't win, fact. There is no way United will let a 1 game 1 point lead go after 2 bad results just because Liverpool had 2 decent ones. For Liverpool to win the league they are going to have to drop 5 less points than Man Utd out of 27, not happening. United might drop 5, but that would require Liverpool to win every single game, not happening. Because unfortunately you'll get eliminated at Anfield by Arsenal to delete your title hopes
I want liverpool to win the trophy but I don't want arsenal to lose...
Guhan (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Man UTD arent just losin.... Thry re losin badly.... That's the key.... With a bunch of red cards and losses with big goal differences I don't see them winnin it from here...
How about from here?
Patrickb92 (Tottenham Hotspur) 5 years ago
Sandez, you contradict people too much. Just like your so-called fellow Arsenal fans. You all should go to manner school, geez
I have a phd in manners; and a minor in Lolz
LOL!  Its funny 'cause it might actually be true!
Don't know why sanderz hates liverpool so much

Shouldnt he hate the red devils more?

Their bitter annoying ignorant fans are p****** taking
I don't hate Liverpool at all, I think you're having a great season. I just hate that people are so quick to say Liverpool are back in itjust because Man UTD had two bad results. They are the champions of the World, Europe and England and despite being dirty Mancs they are undeniably the best squad in the world and are so experienced at hanging onto a good lead having only let a bigger lead slip once in 12 years
They are not the best squad in the world. At least not now. Barcelona is the best team in the world right now. And they are on the road to match ManU's Treble aswell.

The 08-09 Barcelona team, in my opinion, is even better than the team that won the Champions league in 06. Its more comparable to the "dream team" of the 90's
Plus I hate Benitez
Andy (Rangers) 5 years ago
I will cream myself if United meet Barca in the final, which is a possibility
No
Whats wrong with a bit of joyful masturbation?  Lol
What? .... .... .... .... No
LOL!  Yeah then ok, public indecency for you huh?    Q) Does Masturbation cause you to be infertile?
Yes.... It falls off
O_0    Omg!    Lol shocking reply!
Shocking but true
Liverpool has to catch them this is our year! Man UTD will choke and Liverpool will pounce. At least I certainly hope so. Abepaih sweet picture of Arshavin, that picture with his tongue out is classic, he looks so ridiculously russian I love it haha
Lol yeah made me luagh that one
Yeah he is adorable.... Haha
LOOL
What do guys think of Genoa's reaction to Tottenham's 10 M pound bid for Diego Milito(Serie-A top goal scorer)?

"The figure of £10 million that they are offering is ridiculous - for that I wouldn't give them his ear. "
Nah I think its a fair deal

I've seen a lot of character in milito over the years. But don't know if he will make a impact in the premier league though
I think if a team is going to take Milito from Genoa they are definatly going to have to overpay
He can only play in Italy, the Average premiership defence would frighten him. £10, 000, 000 is maybe a bit of an insult considering Stoke paid £5, 000, 000 for Kitson lol
You don't think he can adjust?
Technique (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Liverpool
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Dp
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I think Manchester United will take the premier league again as much as I hate to say. I don't think a Fergie managed team will succumb to the pressure and collapse. This is just a rough patch for them and with players like VDS, Giggs, scholes, rooney, and ferdinand to lead and rally them, they won't choke it away
Maybe, or maybe not
It seems like manchester city is getting ready to bid for everyone this summer. I don't really have a problem with it, you have to fight fire with fire to break into the "Big 4" in the EPL.

But I'm sure most of you disagree.

Should Manchester City be able to just buy their way to the top of the EPL, and sadly, the champions league?
Mafmoe (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Well they're trying to compete with the big 4, and they're doing in it a "rushed phase", instead of taking 10-20 years to be at the top such as Chelsea and such
Yianni (Adelaide United) 5 years ago
NOT going TO happen! They are pretty much making a fantasy team if they go on a spending spree they won't win the champions league, they will only be good for a season or two and they have a slight chance of winning the Carling or FA cup if they get the right players. BUT! They won't be as good as the Big 4 for such a long time as they have. I personally think Tottenham have a better chance of being in a "Big 5" concept if it was to happen. P. S. I go for Arsenal lol
I loved everything about your post except that last part...
LOOOOOOOOl
I think it will take them a while because they to win a few trophies or play a few seasons in champions league before many big names actually take them seriously. But say in about 8 years time you could be looking at a City side about to destroy everything.

Either that or Mark Hughes completely fails, City end up relegated and the owners sell
Nice contrast there
Mafmoe (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Keep dreaming, You'll never walk with the title; but alone
Wow Haha    Your Really Clever    T_t
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
That is clever. Nice one, I liked it
Its outta' tune dude    Sounds almost as bad as glory glory
I liked it, sounded great to me