Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Drogba Might Be A Diver But...
EliteKill (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Look at this. Evans obviously fouled him and he got a yellow card. This should have been a red for Evans, look at how he deliberately sends his foot at Drogba's chest. What do you think?

Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
But even here he look like overreacting and this made the referee to think that he is cheating
CHELSEA61 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
He's been out of action since this episode. Yes he did play the rest of the game but that's just adrenaline. I'll admit he's dramatic and he does go down easy but I would hate to see him playing for any other team. He's essential to Chelsea's success. I honestly don't think he was overreacting here, it should have been a penalty
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Evans touches the ball head. If it does not touch the ball he would have received the red card.
But in this case it is a foul because his foot is too high. The yellow card was deserved. The red could have been given
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Right in the poppy
Lyndon (Panathinaikos Athens) 4 years ago
You need to include Drogba having two separate seizures after this, then wasting of 5 minutes. This hurt his pride more than his poppy
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
This what happens when you dive alot and get away with it. So it looks fair enough.
So even if it is a foul like this one the referee may not able to find whether its a foul or a dive.
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yes, I agree with you, certainly. The referee's view is from behind, and he can only see Drogba's back. And even as a Chelsea supporter, with his records, the referee has no idea of knowing who did what. That is of course another reason for debating the use of goal line technology, or in Evans' case, video replays for the man in the middle. But as you can see there, it is a blatant, studs up, kick in the chest
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
Drogba played for it, as usual.
Jonny evans had made contact with the ball, even before drogba came and made contact with him.
So what was drogba even doing, going for a ball he was never getting anyway.
Look at the video again, see where drogba is when evans heads the ball?
Was he ever getting it? .... Don't think so, but he's a clever cheat
Exactly, Drogba acts like he was shot in the chest, how hard could Evans kick even if he wanted to after heading away the ball. Drogba was trying to knock Evans off his balance so to have him missed the header then gain the ball behind him, truthfully I am surprised Evan jumped as high as he did. HERE is the teller! Ok, look at all the Chelsea fans reaction behind the play in plain view of the "studs high kick". Nothing, not a budge, or anyone stands. It was cheeky though, indeed
Evans never once takes his eye off the ball, and he's airborne and won the ball, long before drogba comes on the scene.
Drogba should have been booked, he knew what he was doing, even look at jonny evans face at the end of the vid, its like wtf? .... Drogbas a clever cheat
Spot on
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
The thing is that drogba doesn't always dive, but he almost always over exagerates the fouls that he does take. For example look at the penalty given to us because of a foul from samuel on drogba against bolton. Was deffinatly a foul, but drogba still had to role around in agony for 5 minutes after it. Of course he does dive to, but the exagerating of injuries, doesn't always convince the ref and can really backfire, such as the example given
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Drogbas reputation preceded him here. If he wasnt always diving, and having epileptic convulsions when he is fouled the referee may have seen it another way. He's the boy who cried wolf. But yea, evans fouled him
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 4 years ago
For how long is he injured?  
Ktorum (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yepp, I am also failing to see what the heck drogba was doing there chasing that ball he was never going to get!    
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Players with a good work rate will happily chase 'lost cause' balls. Meaning, even if it looks like it is going out for a goal kick, chase down the defender because he might make a mistake, or the ball might hit the corner flag - or a hundred other things!

Drogba put pressure on Evans because it might have made him panic into a bad header. In this case it made him panic into doing a super hard kick
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Drogba Dives a lot and overreacted on this one too. Sure it did hurt a lot but rolling around on the ground isn't gonna' help, especially if you have a record of Diving like he does. Drogba is a great player, just look how many goals he scores, but at the same time I hate his guts. That cheating, Diving, Mean little Jerk and Too add to that He plays for Chelsea. The Club I hate with passion.

Evans Has no meaning it hitting Drogba. He didn't mean to hurt him, But He did deserve the Yellow card simply because Basically, He gave Drogba Studs in in the chest
Ktorum (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yes I know that good attackers are and should chase the ball no matter what, because as you say, there can be made misstakes. But that doesn`t change the fact that they (the strikers) sometimes comes a split second too late and has than got to pay the cost. Of course it probably hurts as a demon, but hey, that's sometimes the name of the game, and the day after Drogba can probably let a smile run over his lips when he approaches the bank!

Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
Yes, I know he sometimes dives, but that must have been just painful! Evan did deserve the yellow card, but should have seen red. That foul on Drogba was just plain vicious! That was actually right in the chest. With studs as well! I bet he just did that to stop him from scoring. By the way, was that a penalty after? The referee was right about the foul and it clearly wasn't a dive
His reputation will always follow him. Sadley.... I have fallen inlove with his style of play. Amazingly he is one of my favourite players now
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Same here, I always liked Drogba.... But not his dives...
I think he was talking about Evans.... HAHA! *clears throat*    Right?
If that's not a foul, iduno what is....  Sure he made the most of it, but Evans practically jump kicked him!
Exactly. I feel symphatic for drogba
Similar to the story of the boy who cried wolf...
Haha. Lol " The Boy Who Cried Penalty "
Yes lol! Nice one!
Lol haha if only manuk was here share the banter. Damn you school D:
Yes, damn you school! Plus homework and tests...
Oh No! I missed Yamsy D: Curse you school! I love this type of old time banter
No worries my friend, we will have chances in the future
Well Actually I liked it, I wanted Sergio to pass you up in posting
Zishan07 (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I think Evans should be a basketball player. What a jump. Sweeeet
At least he made the effort to jump, unlike drogba, looking for a cheap foul
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
He should be a karate teacher. He took that one straight out of Cantonas Guide to Healthy Ass Kickery

Kick4Life - changing lives through football