Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Douglas Costa - New Ronaldo?
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
So this 18 year old kid is now being touted as the next Cristiano Ronaldo. He's only 18 and has some pretty amazing skill:

United has become increasingly interested in this kid and may shell out the 20 million or so he's worth to buy him and see how he can progress as a player (Link: www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_l... ). What do you guys think, is this kid the next big thing?
JohnnyG (Manchester United) 5 years ago
This all looks great, granted he's not playing against the greatest teams.... But I'm definitely impressed
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Plus he's only 18.... So plenty of room to improve, especially playing with a team like United
Nani22 (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I agree with johnnyg
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Maybe his obviously very skillful. To say the next ronaldo is a big statement. With the right club would diffinatly have a bright future
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
No Darius Burtin is the next Cristiano Ronaldo.

Just Kidding.

But you definitely have to give him recognition because he plays for Gremio, a defensive minded team that plays with five, yes, five defenders, which shows that he takes advantage of the opportunities that he is given during the game to push forward and score
Agspiratos (Panathinaikos Athens) 5 years ago
Agreed darius is the next ronaldo!
Hill (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Uhm Andrew Hill
Ant (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Hows about just let the 18 year old play without the weight of the world on his shoulders, calling him the "next Ronaldo". If he takes a season or three to get used to the Premiership he'll be torn apart by the tabloids.

Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Its not only that right now he is playing without those pressures but do called the next ronaldo is a HUGE statement, I mean ronaldo is the greatest player in the world and would be accepted by ANY team in the world.
I mean how many players do you here the Man Utd coaching staff talking about the player so highly after only a few months at the club, they were saying that he would be one of the greatest players in the world.

How many players have gone through man utd? And how many were talked of as highly as Ronaldo? Not many
Moocow111 (Arsenal) 5 years ago
What if in that video, he's playing against a really shitty team...
Tom (Manchester United) 5 years ago
He's playing in Brazil so if you think Brazil is shitty you're mistaken
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Sorry to break this to you guys, but United have failed in capturing Costa....
Fergie wanted to bring him to Old Trafford for a 3 week trial, but Gremio denied that....
And Fergie was only willing to pay a third of his but-out clause, around 20mill....
So, you won't be seeing him replace Ronaldo....

Kick4Life - changing lives through football