Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Does Berbatov Deserve To Be In The The Starting 11?
[account-removed] 4 years ago
I think berba is lazy player. He is too slow in counters. He just stops attacks. And with the players like him in our squad we are also slow in attacks. So whts your comments?
James4u (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Agree with you he is quality occasionally
PepeLePewPew (Arsenal) 4 years ago
He has glimpses of quality here and there obviously, otherwise he wouldn't be on the squad. However I do agree that he sometimes tries the more flashy approach instead of the more robust and quicker option, and moments like that may cost a potential goal threat for the team
FutureMUplayer (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Agree
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yes. Fergie Wasted a good 30 million pounds on him. He does not do anything. He is to slow. And he doesn't show effort. He has only scored 1 in 10. Which is bad. Manchester United should sell him
Aliko (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I think ManU don't need him.... They spend too much money for him. OK he has on some occasions good goals but the quality which ManU needs is far more than this what Berbatov presents on the pitch. Other clubs would have taken an advantage with him in their squad
Ltm017 4 years ago
Wow that's funny as soon as I saw the title I thought "No.... Can someone say Lazy" and those were your words too.

So I agree with you LOL
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I don't think he's any good either. Mostly because of his style of play. He is an artist, yes. But united fans don't appreciate that as much as a hard worker. His little flicks and whatnot appear cheeky to me, and are really annoying. They don't work out, more often that not, and he looks like an idiot. I would prefer to see owen beside rooney
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
He is good enough to play for United, but he should rotate, I like to see Owen in there for some different play
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
But owen is too much injury prone. So, I think they must get another striker like Villa or Dzeko and rotate
That's what I always say
But Villa won't be happy rotating I'm thinking
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 4 years ago
As much as it hurts to say. Villa would be amazing for united
Yes that is true
Spaturcus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Berba is a very good player and very skillfull but hie style of play is not meshing with man utd style he is slow pace man utd plays quick even on attacks he slows down the game to his pace.... When he was at tottenham they played to his pace that's why he was so productive.... But man utd have options so I think fergie knows when to use him
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
I believe he should change his play to suit United's game. He is strong, with a good first touch, I actually think he should hog the ball even longer to bring others into the play (since he already slowed the play when the ball is at his feet). If he can manage that, maybe we can see some Cantona act from him
PepeLePewPew (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I agree, he's like a slower version of Rooney, heh. He has quality ball control if he tries, but often overkeeps it or attempts flashy passes which more often than not fail
Theduke (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I don't think he should change his style of play, as that is who he is. If ManU's style doesn't fit with Berbatov, then that should be considered; but a player of his caliber should not just simply switch up his style
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Dimitar is very slow.... I think Manu should bring a forward in the transfer window :edin Dzeko could fit perfectly I my opinion
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Not for me. I disagree with all of you. That s**t penalty against Everton was the only time he messed something up. Apart from that, he is a good striker. Not all players have as much ability to create space and he is slow but if he scores goals that doesn't matter. I jknow, the FA Cup semi fianl penalty was an important one, and he was lazy but only then. He has improved for this season and is playing as good as he can. I hope this video portrays that one mess up doesn't make a great striker lose his reputation

Ltm017 4 years ago
Yeah but that one mess up actually is when he is trying and not being lazy. We don't see him mess up that often because he doesn't even give himself a chance too.
30 million for Berbatov the worst signing ever in MU history!
We should better spend this money on D. Villa or Dzecko both of them match to the teams style
Juno (AC Milan) 4 years ago
You forgot about a certain Juan Sebastian Veron...
Tony (footytube staff) 4 years ago
I second that juno, and eric djemba djemba.... So bad they named him twice.

Oh.... And my favourite pet hate.... NANI.... Enemy number 1
Haules (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Yes I think he deserves to be in the first elven, he is better than Wellbeck and Owen.
If Manchester United buys Dzeko or Benzema he won`t be in the first team
SirStig (Arsenal) 4 years ago
He does seem a little lazy, but I guess that's his style of play. Obviously Sir Alex saw something in him, otherwise he wouldn't have bought him. He has fantastic ball control though
I think berbatovs a great player, fair enough, he's not your carlos tevez headless chicken running all over the place, but he's a very clever cultured footballer.
Just watch guys trying to get the ball from him, theres not many do, his first touch is sublime and has immense strength, I really don't know what utd fans want from the guy, plus he obviously has some sort of injury, but ruling out surgery, so alls not right with berbatov.
But to say the mans not a good player is a joke, he's as close to eric cantona as i've seen, and eric did less running than berbatov, and that's a fact
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
No offence Tony, but there is difference between being 'slow' and being 'lazy'. There is nothing wrong actually being slow, many great players like Cantona as you mentioned, VDV, Lampard and even Zizou were slow. But, I think Berba is plain 'lazy'. That makes the difference.
Still, I do agree with you, Berba's first touch is sub-lime, has good strength too and good in air too, but often he can't pair up with Rooney's pace...
Do you honestly think that sir alex ferguson would play, as you call him, a lazy player? .... Get real prag.
Fair enough, he has had a few bad games, but then again, who has, nt at utd, they have all had bad games, but because of berbatovs style, everyone seems to pick him out.
I don't know what people want at utd, I have read posts this last few days stating that rafael is better than john o'shea? .... Hahahahahaha, raphael and fabio are not even defenders, I don't even think saf knows whats the best position to play them, if it was me, they would be no where near the defence, because they are a liabilty.
And john o'shea is a tremendous player, who can play anywhere along the back line, a utility player, which the epl have very little of, and he's good going forward, and scores goals.
And will be sorely missed if he's out for 2 months as has been reported.
It seems when things are not going well, its the same old names dragged out and blamed. Has anyone got the wit to understand that when your defence is all but gone due to injury, and your defence is made of of your top midfielders.... Of course its gonna' reflect on your forwards, because they have, nt got their usual midfield support and runners etc.
Just watch as united get their defenders back, therefore releasing the midfielders back into their normal positions, then tell me berbatovs crap
Craxy (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Well said Tony. I have to agree with you. He does come across a bit lazy, but it's the way he plays. When he's playing well, it works wonders for us!

I think he needs to be started in every game, at the moment he's only being played here and there.

He's a much better player for us than Owen is to be honest
Theturkishkop (Galatasaray SK) 4 years ago
I agree with Tony, he is clever footballer and he deserves starting 11. I can't understand you guys, who is scoring all these goals? Or another question: With whom will you replace him?
They want a team of eleven ronaldos, which would never win a game, never mind a league.    I despair sometimes guys, its a team game.
Especially since Ronaldo can't defend
Especially since Ronaldo can't defend
Even on todays display from united, berbatov was one of the very few players to make an impact, along with jonny evans who was outstanding, and antonio valencia when he came on.
The rest had a nightmare.
Too many changes, and walking wounded playing today, and gary neville, as much as I love him.... Is finished, he could'nt run to the shop.
I felt the two full backs, if you could call them that, were awful, and exposed the centre backs, and wes brown had a torrid time today.
It was fergies call, we could argue for years about wether he was right or wrong, but we are out.
Forget it and move on, we have bigger fish to fry, theres no sense crying over spilt milk
Yidarmy4lyf (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
I seem to remember last season when united had they're whole squad fit & berbs still wasnt scoring. If you are referring to the leeds game on that post them you was watching a different player to me, he lost the ball to the build up of the goal & made 1 killer pass to rooney, but when you cost 30million pounds you should be picking them out all day long against a division 3 team!
I not denying the guys talent but he just can't click & I think fergie is losing patience
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I'd say Berba has a great game around 70% of the time. He doesn't need to score goals to make them happen. He creates some amazing chances for his teammates. But sometimes, it just isn't his day. You can't deny Berba's talents. But you can't expect him to be something he's not. Tony got it right up there. I think, now this is just my opinion here, I would rather have Craig Bellamy on my team. Forget the Dzeko and Villas of the world, give me a tough, never-say-die striker with pace to pair Rooney up front and I'll give you a United team at its best. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to have Villa on the squad, but I'd rather not pay 40 mil for him. There are better bargains to be had in a younger market. We'll see how the transfer market goes
Somere (Portmore Utd) 4 years ago
There are moments when I am mad but he always do something magnificent and then I see why saf buy him
No way he deserves to start games for united, he is lazy & can't play at the same pace, he is capable at playing at pace but never seems up 4 it, fergie should give martin jol a ring & ask a few pointers at how to play him, because he certainly got the best out of him at spurs!
Funny that, I seem to remember the spurs fans kicking up a stink when he left.
So you are admitting that he's not good enough for utd, but good enough to start for spurs?
Therefore he would have been better staying with spurs, the inferior of the two teams according to your thinking.
I won't argue with that.
It was the same when sol campbell left.... Sad really.
No ones the same player when they leave spurs?
Your memory serves you wrong because I wasnt one of them fans, I wanted him to go, he didn't want to play for the team & it seems he doesn't want 2 play for united either.
Where did you get that from just from me writing 3 lines of critisism over berbatov? Youve read into this statement a bit too much I think, I don't know any united fan who could even muster the thought os saying he's the closest thing to cantona!
No doubt he is a great player, I was just saying he doesn't know how to play with his team mates yet, and I don't think he deserves to start with other players making the step up a lot quicker than him
My memory is far from wrong, because I don't know you, and if you were against berba, you were one of very few.
It seems anyone leaving spurs is is crap after that, you would have berbatov back tomorrow, and your opinion would, nt matter an ounce, because the majority of spurs fans worshipped berbatov, and secretly still do.
Sour grapes at the loss of a good player, if you ask me.
Enjoy the 30 m, and good luck for the top four
My memory is far from wrong, because I don't know you, and if you were against berba, you were one of very few.
It seems anyone leaving spurs is is crap after that, you would have berbatov back tomorrow, and your opinion would, nt matter an ounce, because the majority of spurs fans worshipped berbatov, and secretly still do.
Sour grapes at the loss of a good player, if you ask me.
Enjoy the 30 m, and good luck for the top four
I did like berbatov when he was with us don't get me wrong he was astonishing, but he can't do the same with united can he, so all these sour grape jealousy diggs don't bother me because like you said, we got 30mil for him & he's the biggest flop youve bought in years, so I thkn you are just jealous you didn't get him in his prime, but just after.
While were on that note enjoy the 85million for ronaldo & good luck at coming 2nd
I did like berbatov when he was with us don't get me wrong he was astonishing, but he can't do the same with united can he, so all these sour grape jealousy diggs don't bother me because like you said, we got 30mil for him & he's the biggest flop youve bought in years, so I thkn you are just jealous you didn't get him in his prime, but just after.
While were on that note enjoy the 85million for ronaldo & good luck at coming 2nd
Thanks, and by the way, I am not trying to wind you up or have a dig, I respect everyones opinion on footytube.
I am not going to fall out with anyone over football, whats the sense, its you and me that fund the game after all.
Good luck

Kick4Life - changing lives through football