Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Do You Prefer Club Football Or World Cup Football?
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 5 years ago
International or club football, which do you prefer? I like the world cup when it comes around, but I love Liverpool way more than the American national team.

However it is the world cup and for that one reason I will have to say international football I love the world cup
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Deffo Club

Well I support enlgand. And in no way can I say enjy watching them play as much as I do with liverpool. Though it depends on what team you support. If I supported a country like holland it would be harder to choose
VanPersie (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Don't make fun of new zealeand sergio they play gr8 football  
I have never seem them play so I cannot say haha
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I really can't say
What country you support?
Ellada10 (Olympiakos Piraeus) 5 years ago
He's wayne rooney from england! Who do you think he supports
New Zealand?
LOL
LOL I support Papua New Guinea!
Lol!
Seee    Ellada you didn't believe me
Haha, I support fiji lol
Haha
Actually I support Bangladesh (not!)
OH GOD. The day they qualify the day I will commit suicide
Haha Anything could happen
Well I won't count on it, they play football with sandals    No joke
I have to say world cup, the world cup is the biggest tournament in the world (other than olympics) but still the countries compete not a bunch of people from different counties mixed around
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Yeah more passion in world football. Remember, more than half the club teams are in crappy second divisions that no one has ever heard of
I agree
Hill (Arsenal) 5 years ago
World Cup. I can't wait until 2010. Last WC before the world is going to end! Lol. Just so much more passion from the fans and the players. I would say it is THE biggest tournament in the world.

Anyone else planning on going to South Africa with me?
Awesome right I am super excited for 2010 and 2014. I want to go to Brazil, my buddy has relatives and he says some people can stay at his house. That would be so much fun!
That is sick. I'm good friends with a rich girl from Brazil with a house in Rio. I think I'll conveniently ask her out around late 2013
Ya do it man, do you board or ski?
I board. I skied until I was about 10. Then I had an accident involving a wooden fence, a steep hill, and the realization that I didn't know how to stop. Lol. I'm out in Boulder right now and the boarding was just absolutely amazing this year. I assume you do one or the other?
Snowboard. I live in Flagstaff right next to the highest mountain in Arizona, the boarding was pretty good this season. Boulder is awesome though man, I never rode up there, but I love Red Rocks. Good to longboard in Flag too
Liverpool is a great club to support. I love watching them play and they have great players. They have performed magnificently this season and the combination of Gerrard and Torres has been emphatic to watch.

I also support America and see where you come from, from the international point of view but the world cup is the most fantastic spectacle in the world of sport and I love to watch it more than anything! Hopefully America can advance past the group stages but if they don't that's alright because there's still so much brilliant football to watch. Messi in the 2010 world cup and I am not going to miss an Argentinian match(if they qualify haha). I love the world cup so much and if you enjoy smoking weed at all do it watching the world cup, it is the best. Speaking of that it is 420 who celebrated? Haha
*Lighting his bong* Celebrating right now.

I'm from America too. Our fans are getting more and more into the game. Although the passion still hasn't hit the mainstream. Once there are competent football analyists on ESPN, that's when we'll know footy has hit the mainstream. As of now, ESPN can't bash on the sport enough. Argh, I hate football in America haha. And all that is ever shown is ManU games. Who wants to watch that garbage?
Good call ESPN is garbage haha. I remember in the 2006 world cup, some ESPN commentators called Thierry Henry(pronounced Anrie) Henry, like he pronounced the H like the American first name. I couldn't believe it haha.

I wish there was more football, the real one, in America but it will come eventually. At least they have coverage of the World Cup! Smoke a joint for me futbol22 haha
Oh man a couple days ago they had goals by Eto'o and Iniesta on the top 10. They pronounced them "edt-o" and "in-ista" pretty brutal. I know those don't look bad. But it was.

No problem man. I got you. Haha
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
No contest.... Club football....
International football is good, but you have the same players in a squad, but in clubs, you can transfer players around.
Dali (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Depends.... Club Football is exicting and thrilling every week, but World Cup footy is on a ridiculous level of entertainment. Whenever the World Cup rolls around, I drop everything and watch footy. It absolutely amazing
I agree I love the world cup so much haha
Although! My home country's team sucks most of the time and I get dissapointed very easily. Lol
Same with me. After that '02 run for the USA I was pumped for 2006. Only to get wrecked. Not fun
Yo Dal    My home country doesn't even qualify for it    You should be proud lol
I am proud of America, but with the athletic talent we have in this country we should be a force haha. We just don't know how to play football haha
Lool not really

Americans are intrested in thier baseball and such. I think if they did take a liking for soccer americans can influence the world of football
Yes I know, I totally agree with you I am pretty good myself haha we will develop as a nation and hopefully impact world football soon
We'll win the WC in 2014 or 2018. Its starting to catch on so much more, and the talent pool is unbelievable. I'm coaching u13s right now, who are only 6 years younger, but they're doing things with the ball I never could have even imagined doing when I was that age. And I consider myself to be quite good!
Yep it is coming, I know I will teach my kids to be footballers
Lool Haha. I shall teach my kids (when I have em) to hate manunited with a passion
Mine will learn to love Arsenal, hate ManU, and despise anyone in a Tottenham jersey
I will try and just teach them to love Liverpool haha, they can hate what ever team the choose or love any team they choose for that matter, I will let them do what they want haha
Not my children. If they like ManU they're sitting in the dunce corner. Lol
Haha ya I would tell them to f**k off because I am a Liverpool fan haha, but I would let them support Man UTD if that's how it is.
Shame. Two Of My Cousins Support Manunited.... So Do Two Of my uncles. My other uncle supports chealsea.... And I'm all alone D: But I will never change. Ever since I was 4-5 I loved liverpool. Owen Was my star man. Even my uncles were jealous of him. But now I think of it.... They were liverpool fans but I guess after they stoped winning they switched to united.... Well I guess its only normol. I bet half of manunited fans will switch to another team if they stoped winning
Definitely man, I feel like they are not that loyal but who knows, I know I will support Liverpool for life
Me two. I Feel a bond with the team. I do every now and then watch the 2005 match. And lol its still sends me chills Haha
I got to stick with Liverpool for ever haha
What in the world?! Teaching your kids to hate one team, love the other?
Tsk tsk. How about teaching your kids to respect footy and the beautiful way its played, and respecting the team who shows how beautiful footy can be.

.... That team being Manchester United of course.
Praetorenfer (Arsenal) 5 years ago
I really like Arsenal and France.... And not so long ago they were practically the same team!

I prefer international tournaments (Euros, WC) to club football, but I prefer club football to int'l qualifying or friendlies
Haha I agree
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Club Football, no offense to socerroos, but I'd rather watch WC, but I hate friendlies.

Though If I ever get a call-up to the national team, I will be as happy as when I debut for Chelsea
Juno (AC Milan) 3 years ago
When you debut for Chelsea? LOL
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Oh I'm sorry, I meant Debuted.    
Entler (Manchester United) 7 months ago
I prefer the club team. As long as he's diversity attracted me. More of a possibility. In Link: www.wysjg.com/ you can also choose your favorite team

Kick4Life - changing lives through football