Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Christmas Shopping - January Transfers!
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
What player(s) your team should buy in this january transfer window?What are your club's possible transfers?

I'll start first for my team.

Simon Kjaer
Milan's defending could turn into a 'disaster' if Nesta or Silva gets injured.Milan have literally have no-back up for that centre back position.Bonera is sidelined for most of the season,kaladze is a calamity and Favalli is too old.Nesta is injury-prone-and none cover him-this is the situation that would probably arise.So,a solid and an young defender like Kjaer is a MUST for milan.

Adriano
Another one of those 'must'.Milan have the worst full-backs now-zambro is way past his prime,Abate is too young and unpredictable and Jankulovski is very injury-prone,while Antonini is no good than a back-up.With this scenario,Milan have a very fragile back line and couldn't resist the opposition's counter attacks.And further to this,Milan's full-back are bad in the offensive part too.So,a guy like Adriano-who could play on either flanks and both attack and defend-is much needed in Milan.

A good Goalkeeper
Milan have been searching for a good goalkeeper for ages.Dida is too old and also 'famous' for his errors and Gaffes!Milan just cannot really on this guy-he'll do anything-from pulling spectacular saves to spilling a tap-just anything!So,its inevitable for Milan to buy an young,decent goalkeeper.Possible transfers include Federico Marchetti of cagilari and Marco Amelia Genoa.Any one of these Goalies would do atleast a decent job in front of the goal.

Milan already has confirmed the transfers of David Beckham and Dominic Aidiyah.So,I think Milan don't need any mid-fielders and forwards.
So,these are the possible players I want to see in Milan.
Now its your turn!

(Inspired from Goal.Com)
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I think milan should try for either asenjo, neuer, or adler. All great keepers who aren't playing for really big clubs and have very bright futures ahead of them. Or even akinfeev as well
Rockerr (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Okay.... Now I'll tell Liverpool's possible transfers that I want to happen.

1. Ruud Van Nistelrooy
With reports suggesting that Ruud van nistelrooy's loan move to Liverpool is nearly over, I'm sure that he'll arrive this January. And we are desperatly in need of such a player. He is a proven goal-scorer in the premier league, so no need to doubt his talents. The only problem is that he is injury-prone but since he is gonna' just be a back-up for Torres, I think it won't be a big problem. Currently N'gog is the back-up for Torres. Though he is improving, he is not completely reliable. We need someone who could lift Liverpool into top 4. Liverpool is having a poor spell and we need to win a lot of games to be in top 4.
More-over we could revenge Man utd for the micheal Owen deal

2. Simon Kjaer
Yes, Liverpool also want this highly rated defender as much as Milan does. Liverpool's defence has gone down from its actual standards. Last season Reina finished second in the most no. Of cleansheets. But now we are one of the team having poor defence and we cannot stop conceding goals though we the same defenders who played last season. So a good defender like Simon Kjaer is what we want.

3. David Silva or juan Mata
Valencia's move for Alejandro Dominguez shows that they are ready to sell one of their big names. So this is the right chance to get Silva or Mata. I don't want to see Kuyt anymore in the wing. The right wing is already occupied by benayoun but it is in the left where we have to up our standards. I think Liverpool cannot Afford Silva but Getting Mata is very much possible.

A few months ago I believed that getting VDV was possible but I don't think we can get him as he is pretty happy in Madrid scoring some goals.

I also want Liverpool to offload some player like Dossenna, Voronin, Degen, plesis and if Required even Babel
Considering the fact that Liverpool's owners are stupid, Liverpool are going to have the toughest transfer campaign. Offloading Dossenna, Voronin, Degen is mandatory to buy the abone players.
But if Rafa manages to get the players, it is going to be whole different story for Liverpool!
Qiang (Kelantan) 5 years ago
I'm a bit into man city lately! Hope they can get chiellini from juve to partner toure and maicon from inter to play as a attacking left back!
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Maion plays as right back
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Landon Donovan

It's already confirmed he will come to the Goodison Park for two and the half months loan, will he shine at the expense of the African players and injured players?

Marouane Chamakh

Don't be surprised when I said his name, we will be targeting him too, we are competing with Arsenal with him, but he said he wants to finish his season with Bordeaux, we will see about that.

Joleon Lescott

Don't be surprised too, Mancini said he wants to get rid of Bridge and Lescott in the January transfers and buy in Aguero, Torres, Silva and Chiellini. If he really goes, this will be his destination, although he will be booed by Everton fans very badly. We still miss Lescott.

Rafael Van Der Vaart

Don't laugh please. We said we wanted to get him in the summer transfers, but Real Madrid said they won't sell him and asked VDV to stay. Now he says he wants to stay with Madrid and he is happy there, I doubt that. We are competing with Liverpool and Manchester United for him. Hope he comes. COYB

Fernando Gago

He is not happy with his limited role at the Bernabeu and he wants to leave, but Pellegrini is holding on to him as he is the back-up of Lass. We are making bids for him, but it's very unlikely he will come

Gago could be a huge asset to your team. Not sure if Rafael will fit in with everton though. I just can't see it working with landon already coming into the scene
Gago and Chamakh would be killer!I think VDV won't leave, as Rockerr said, he is now happy in Madrid. I think we'll see a different, improved Everton after the arrival of Donovan
Yes, now it's pretty hard to get VDV. A few months back, he looked unhappy without much chance for playing and in just a month, the situation has turned upside down.
I wanted him to see him in liverpool but sadly not gonna' happen
But I heard that Gago is crying in his house as he is not getting chance to play. So I think getting him is highly possible, also Madrid is eager to offload some of the players
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Gago was a really good midfielder. Ill switch lucas with him anyday. He is a really good attackin/holding midfielder. He should be cheap too
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Gago Would be your best buy if you could get him. Cheap, and better than any central mid you got
Not better then masch. Slightley better then lucas
Bloodbrothers (Barcelona) 5 years ago
I hope Gago doesn't leave madrid every time he plays is like the rival is playing with 12 players and madrid with 10
I suppose your right, not better than that aggressive Argentinian. But you need a second mid (for Lucas)
Alright here we go.

Dzagoev: this youngster has an awesome future ahead of him and is apparently a fan of chelsea, with chelsea (or at least its owner) being a fan of him. Lets hope we see him come to the bridge, though I don't see it happening until the summer as he'll be hoping to help cska in the champions league as much as he can.

Sergio aguero: I don't think I need to explain why he could be useful. With 2 of our top strikers going away to the ACN we need someone to get the goals in their stead. Plus this gives us something to look forward to in the future. Unfortunatly this buy could ruin the wonderful form we're seeing from anelka since we all know how mentally fragile he is.

Either ribery or van der vaart

Joe cole is great at the peak of our midfield diamond, but he's always injured. Either of these players could fill in for him, or else where in the diamond allowing any of our other players to take on that role without leaving any gap in the midfield skill wise. Both could also add some needed creativity as well.

A good young defensive midfielder would be nice as well for the time that essien and mikel are gone. Belletti is good in that position, but if he ends up being injured, we need some depth in that area
I don't think VDV or Ribery will join Chelsea as both are madrid bound. Also heard that chelsea are chasing Schweinisteiger instead of Ribery!
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Rumors are that we're already in talks with bayern over ribery, and van der vaart could get alot more time at chelsea than what he gets at real. But I wouldn't mind schweinsteiger either. I just think we're more in need of a quality player for that CAM role as cole is always injured and deco just isn't doing it
Haules (Chelsea) 5 years ago
LUCA TONI TO chelsea
It will be a very wise decision from Ancelotti if hi will sign this player.He is perfect for Premiere League ,strong body ,great header and he would be a great replacement for Didier Drogba in january when he leaves for African Nations Cup.
I don`t know why Bayern let`s him go so easily ,cause he was a goal machine at Allianz Arena.
He can help Chelsea be the best this season.

Luca toni? Hmm.... I think Ruud would do better. Because he has proven his scoring ability in the prem and Toni hasn't. But ancelotti said that there would be signings 100%!Don't know its for ture or he is just playing mid games
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
I hope chelsea do get tony, they won't score another goal all season
Luca Toni will not help chelsea. I don't prefer Ruud too. They need someone like Aguero or David Villa
Rzv36 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
With Pepe out for about 6 months I think Real needs to transfer a centre back immiditely. And not a young one like albiol, an experienced one like nesta or bruno alves...
Yes, exactly. Madrid need a defence leader
Senthil (Chelsea) 5 years ago
As everybody knows

Sergio kun Aguero is willing to come to Chelsea and Chelsea have the cash ready-but the question is-will Ancelotti go for him? Or he would stay off the market 100%?
But Kun would be a nice addition for chelsea, he would be perfect!
He will be a nice addition for the premier league, actually!
He itself said in interview that he is loving to play in chelsea
Ya, I remember that-it was a big interview where he also said that drogba is better than Torres. This shows that he is craving for a Chelsea switch!
Fantastic Trade by all counts. Chelsea should do him good
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Like Haules said, I think Sergio Aguero is a certain target for us Blues but I read in the Daily Mail that in January the player at the top of the wish list is Bayern Munich and France winger Franck Ribery.

He is a super trickster but I hope Ancelotti bids for Aguero too, we need a striker. They are the main targets for Chelsea this January. Personally I think we need a decent goalkeeper for back up if Cech is ever injured because Ross Turnbull isn't experienced enough and Hilario just isn't really the right guy for the job. I'm thinking of someone athletic and young to be in between the posts when the Czech Republican is out. Anyways, I like this thread, it's interesting but personally we might all aswell post these comments in here:

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/general-chat/the-rumour-m...
There is another footyplayer is in target by blues from bayern munich !Bastian

Ya, Ribery is too much madrid bound, so I think Schweini could be bought instead of him-equally good player and a very hard-worker too
Incuteration (Everton) 5 years ago
Don't think Chelsea will invest on him, he is too old and Chelsea doesn't need a central/side midfielder
Agreed they already have what? 6 great players that can play there. Wow That's their strongest part of the team
@Incuteration:Too old? Man he is just 25!
Yogan (Chelsea) 5 years ago
I think Incuteration is thinking about Schneider - I always get the names mixed up, and it makes it more confusing with them both being German. Yes, Schneider is about 35, Schweinsteiger is only 25! He's a great player
Schweinsteiger is awesome. A really experienced player. Can he compete with the likes of Deco, J. Cole and Malouda? I don't think so
Incuteration (Everton) 4 years ago
Sorry I didn't check out his age, I thought he was like 32, I know that you guys are talking about Bastian Schweinsteiger not Bernd Schneider. By the way, Schneider has already retired
Pragathish (AC Milan) 4 years ago
Haha, no problem Incuteration. This guy does look like a 30 year old. Lol
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Yea haha, he does look pretty old
Chrisg (Birmingham City) 4 years ago
Birmingham City - Any striker(s) who can actually hit the back of the net
I don't think you guys have any problems right now. Yeah I agree with a striker who can finish. Chucho and Jerome not up to that level yet
Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
My team is signing the following players this transfer window:
Rockerr (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Lol.... Funny!
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Correction:    Any central defender as a backup for all those lovely injuries come through the defence
Agree with Eric. Man United now are experiencing a defence crisis with their main defenders sidelined. So, a back-up defender is a must for Man united too.
LeftHeadKick (Arsenal) 4 years ago
André-Pierre Gignac is a player Arsene Wenger has mentioned is in the running to come to Arsenal. He'd fit like a glove wouldn't he?

Yeah, his performance for France in the qualifiers is awesome too, he is what Arsenal needs - a sturdy striker, target man, not speedy but a good goalscorer
Yeah,this lad looks awesome for me.

Definitely would fit into Arsenal.

Kick4Life - changing lives through football