Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Choosing A Ligue 1 Team
Lehzer (Manchester United) 3 years ago
I have followed various leagues in Europe in varying degrees for as long as I can remember (With Man Utd being my overall Favourite). Me and a friend have decided to invest in Ligue 1 teams this coming year and I am stuck with trying to find a team to follow.

He has selected Lyon and I have narrowed my choice down to either Bordeaux or Marseilles:

Bordeaux because after some shoddy research they are the closest team to where my family name (Tessier) originated and because they are a fairly popular and successful team within France.

Marseilles because I like some of their players (Gignac, Valbuena, Lucho), have seen them play in the champions league regularly, and because Marseilles is high on the list of places I'd like to visit in Europe.

I was wondering if anyone knew what their respective fans are like, anything else I should consider, or if you think I should consider a different team to follow in Ligue 1, I'm all ears!
LumpOfCelery (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Bordeaux for me, I watch that Plasil kid once, off the hook. And I'm familiar with them from fifa 11
Tomthedon (Arsenal) 3 years ago
Marseilles. I have been there and got the t-shirt (Marseille home). And I can officially report that it is lovely and the shirt is awesome

Kick4Life - changing lives through football