Chelsea Ban On Signing Players For The Next 2 Tranfer Windows
Gavrazor (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Chelsea banned by Fifa from signing players till 2011 over Gaël Kakuta

Can I just say....

Haha!
Rayrulesohye (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Every big club does this what did chelsea do wrong
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
OMG, Chelsea should certainly appeal about this. It is no way fair, it was only a player. Gvrazor, you should tell e fully what happened
Pocketg99 (Arsenal) 4 years ago
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Chelsea Fan
I think it serves them right and the punishment makes sense even though fifa are becoming very inconsistent with there rulings
Yamsy (Liverpool) 4 years ago
OMFG! I just read this a while ago!
Chelsea can still appeal.... This is ridiculous! 2 years we're talking!
That's not gonna' do any good for the old squad of Chelsea....
Another link:

Link: ow.ly/15NzUj
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Yeah that's a bit harsh, maybe a money fine would be good but a transfer ban is just too much what are they going to do for 2 years, people are gonna' retire and 16 year old's are gonna' be starting lol
Mattdog87 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Poor bastards
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Definitely going to shake up the whole league a whole lot
Vonrasmussen (Manchester United) 4 years ago
BAHAHHA!
Harsh...
I know, but it's ironic isn't it? Their owner was just complaining about other teams spending too much money and now he can't spend any,

In all honesty though, unless Chelsea are struck by great injury woes, I don't see them really being hurt by this, they've got everybody they need right now. I think they've got the most established squad as far as depth and quality of players
They have lots of old players though....
And it would really help if they could get more young players in the near future.... I guess this has cut it of....
Might be costly....
That's the point brosef, let's hope they feel the weight of their actions
Pato7Nani17 (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Feel sorry for all those Blues fans
Alen (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Naifla (Arsenal) 4 years ago
FIFA's big problem is inconsistency. Whatever their decision now, I doubt their decision. Really
ManUK (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Hahaha! Makes me smile . In all fairness though, That's harsh, I like to see it but Kinda unfair. That's not gonna' be good for them
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Ok so we get banned for a year and Man UTD (talks it up with brazilians constantly and we all know this) real madrid (must I give and explanation?) and many many other clubs do this just as much if not more than chelsea. This decision is unfair and quite frankly rediculous. I understand perhaps banning us for the january transfer window and I would also understand it if some other clubs got the same punishment but to only go after chelsea with something this harsh is absurd
Illskillz718 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
We are all aware that Chelsea is not the only club that conducts its business this way. The only reason this is happening is because Lens filed a complaint, FIFA followed up in a 2-year investigation, and then made their decision. The fact is, no club in Brazil is going to really complain, they make a business out of selling top youth prospects. If other clubs actually filed these complaints to FIFA like Lens did, and pressured the governing body to do something about it, then you might see other big clubs get penalized as well.

It 's the same thing with the Eduardo diving incident, if Celtic and the Scottish FA didn't bitch and moan about it, then nothing would have happened. As much as we talk about FIFA being inconsistent, there is also complacency from other clubs and organizations who turn a blind eye or their voices drowned out by the bigger clubs
Jordonhagyard (Manchester United) 4 years ago
This might just stop abromavich smiling. Haha
Denilson12 (Chelsea) 4 years ago
This is just another example on how much fifa/uefa hates Chelsea.... Real Madrid is allowed to stretch out Cristiano Ronaldo's transfer over two years, yet Chelsea are being punished for somehow making a player breach his contract? How did we make him? Hold a gun to his head? It just seems as though everyone is out to get our team, like the Man U's and Real Madrid's of the world look down on us like we don't have any history or something, and then Blatter and Platini cry foul on anything that doesn't involve Messi or [C.] Ronaldo...
SirhCRocks (Chelsea) 4 years ago
So they ban Chelsea, but what about Real Madrid with just about every player they signed this year, Ronaldo being the most obvious? What about Man City with Lescott and the attempts with Terry? And Man UTD fans should count themselves lucky right now and stop boasting when you think of how you acquired Hargreaves and Berbatov. Even Tottenham have been guilty of similar accusations this summer regarding the likes of Crouch, etc.

Face it, every major club has been doing this, yet Chelsea is delivered an unprecedentedly harsh ban while nothing is being done to other clubs.

All this over Gael Kakuta, a very promising player, but far from being influential, especially compared to other transfers I already named.

What a joke, FIFA, what a joke
ToePoke (Arsenal) 4 years ago
I'm not sure you understand what Chelsea are being punished for, it's nothing like the transfers of Lescott, Ronaldo, Berbatov, Hargreaves, or Crouch
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 4 years ago
This wasn't a matter of a buy/sell issue. Some of you are having trouble grasping this. This was a case in which the player was badgered by the club to leave Lens, which he did. From there, he was just another player on the market. [C.] Ronaldo was well on his way out, as was Kaka. Lyon hadn't done anything for Benzema, so why stay there? Xabi Alonso had previously expressed his disinterest in Liverpool, and Raul Albiol had to be sold by Valencia
Illskillz718 (Barcelona) 4 years ago
Thank you Strikers, a very good point. As much as everyone is hating on the other clubs (Real and Man Utd) the purchasing of their players was exactly that, purchasing. It was a business transaction, as shady and unfair as it may be, it was nothing but a business transaction. The topic of discussion, is of a legal matter. Contracts are legal documents and they are binding. And it is most definitely something you do not f*ck around with. What Chelsea has been accused of doing goes beyond a bad business move. Breaching a contract is actually a pretty serious offense, especially for the person who breached the contract, in this case the kid Kakuta. Because of the severity of these legal implications, I guess this is why FIFA went with the 1 year ban
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
I want to say "hahahahhahahahahahah lmao lol" but like 10 times longer.

Instead ill say 2 years is Bullshit, I guess lucky for them they have a big squad. I bet fifa will change it until end of year or soemthing.

This is really going to hurt chelsea, as others have said they have some pretty old first team players, and 2 years with no reinforcements is a lot. Also while there out I'm sure that other team will push to sign those chelsea were scouting
Ant (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Strangely enough, I wrote a bit piece over in this thread about Manchester United doing the same thing as Chelsea, check it out

Link: www.footytube.com/forums/the-stands-general-footy-...
Gavrazor (Manchester City) 4 years ago
Yeh but united could murder opposition players and get away with it, that's united for you =o
Adamaus (Manchester United) 4 years ago
You just jelous that you didn't use your money wisely.

You buy players to try and win.

We buy hitman so when fifa tries to stand up for itself they are dealt with accordingly

Kick4Life - changing lives through football