Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Cheerleaders In Soccer? Would That Be Interesting Or Not?
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
I realize in almost every sport there are cheerleaders and I was asking myself why there are no cheerleaders in soccer and would it make a difference if we have them? While I am looking for answers probably you, my folks on footytube, can help me out with that. Check this out:

Akward...
Eric (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Ouch, poor little girl
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Seriously unlucky, poor little girl is right
Seantoon (Newcastle United) 4 years ago
Ouch! I hope she was okay ^_^
Vodka (Real Madrid) 4 years ago
Ouch! That must hurt a lot.... Pauvre fille
Charrua74 (Tottenham Hotspur) 4 years ago
In Argentina there are cheerleaders....Let me introduce you to the Boca Juniors girls......Las Bocitas.

Thanks buddy that was helpful.... I didn't even know about that. If you have more information don't hesitate to share it
Haules (Chelsea) 4 years ago
And here are Las Marinitas...... The cheerleaders for Chacaritas.I'm buying a one way ticket to Argentina!

Las Globitas    

They look pretty good.... So if understand we can only find cheerleaders for soccer in Argentina?
I think you may also find them in the mexican league. I'm assuming the US league may also have them seeing as cheerleaders did originate from there
Darius (Southampton) 4 years ago
Surprisingly, there aren't any cheerleaders in MLS from what I can remember ever seeing. As a matter of fact, there really aren't cheerleaders at the high school level either because they're always at the American Football games. The last time there were, it was Senior Night
Haules (Chelsea) 4 years ago
Pff.... Nice I think that every game should have something like this
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 4 years ago
Well it's supposed to be the beautiful game and you are supposed to be watching that when you go to the match haha. But having beautiful women probably wouldn't hurt anyone, and these girls in Argentina are obviously a good idea, I mean just look at them. However I think because it is the beautiful game is why there are not many cheerleaders, it's just not necessary. In other sports there are a lot of stoppages and other nonsense, which is when the cheerleaders usually take center stage. Because football is such a flowing game, with no stoppages other than half time most people don't really see the purpose in having cheerleaders, I suppose. I for one wouldn't be opposed to it, but with girls that come to watch football, who needs cheerleaders.

Amen to that brother
Right behind you man.... Even if it's for halftime, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have them all...
Franboy (Barcelona) 4 years ago
I know why ronaldo (el phenomeno) to sign corinthians....

For cheerleaders, beach soccer is better !

Oh mon Dieu, I fait tres chaud! > Oh my God it is so hot!

Probably why we don't really see cheerleaders in soccer it's just it would be too much for the guys, after watching all that, they will have to go play with a bunch of guys for 45 minutes while they thinking about those beautiful ladies.... Lol
Imagine in England by 10 ° lol this is not possible
Yogan (Chelsea) 4 years ago
This topic should be in Off the Ball. But it won't stop me replying. It would certainyl be interesting. Football fans wouldn't be addicted any more - their eyes will be fixed on the hot ladies. Soon I think my made would be set on going to beach soccer matches though! Maybe Ronaldo made the right decision after all! I think cheerleaders in England wouldn't fit in but other places - yes, for sure!
Ltm017 4 years ago
No it would NOT be interesting! What is interesting about putting something that almost every other sport has!?!

Honestly I don't want my players looking around at woman on the sideline and miss a pass cause that would just frustrate me and make me angry. Having cheerleaders is a distraction.

The answer NO NO NO!
Trueblue (Chelsea) 4 years ago
There aren't enough intermissions in football. In most other sports such as american football and basketball, cheerleaders are there too keep the fans in their seats during the many interruptions
Blooob (Liverpool) 4 years ago

The cheerleader from the dutch club ADO Den Haag
I support ado den haag now lol it's funny, it has more atmosphere
Theshid (Liverpool) 4 years ago
I don't know if it will be good to have cheerleaders in football because the pitch is so big, they have their place in basketball
Derby22 (Derby County) 4 years ago
I don't think cheerleaders would be good in football, cos they're booooooooooring.
Ltm017 4 years ago
Yes they are very dull.... No point in them
Ltm017 4 years ago
You know what....If men get cheerleaders then it is demanded that women get men cheerleaders!
And not the feminine kind either!

We can have this on the sideline....

Riggs (Manchester United) 4 years ago
Unless they take their clothes off.... Cheerleaders can stay away
Really funny man.... But that will provoke a chaos, Can you imagine it?

Kick4Life - changing lives through football