Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Champions League 2011-2012
Peteko 3 years ago
Here comes the draw:

Group A: Bayern Munich, Villarreal, Manchester City, Napoli.

Group B: Inter, CSKA Moscow, Lille, Trabzonspor.

Group C: Manchester United, Benfica, FC Basel, Otelul Galati.

Group D: Real Madrid, Lyon, Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb.

Group E: Chelsea, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Genk.

Group F: Arsenal, Marseille, Olympiakos, Borussia Dortmund.

Group G: FC Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St. Petersburg, FC Apoel.

Group H: Barcelona, Milan, FC BATE Borisov, Viktoria Plzen
Peteko 3 years ago
The Group A is a blast. Can't wait to see what will happen there. If you think it is easy to make a bet, think again.

Love the combination of Group D. Can't shake the feeling that it is a set up scenario to deny Mou a chance for a rerun.

And in Group G the clash between Shakhtar and Zenit promises to be massive
Kimaway17 (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Group A: I really can not predict this one. This is going to be amazing. All the games are going to be very very exciting. And every body has an equal chance of winning the group
Group B: In my opinion it will not be straight forward for Inter. CSKA and Lille are going to be threats to Inter. Inter need to play at their very best in order to qualify. And they need Milito or Pandev to be getting the goals for them
Group C: For me this is kinda straight forward. I think United and Benfica will go through in this group
Group D: This is also going to be quite exciting. Though I think Real is going to win the group. I do feel that it is going to be a battle between Ajax and Lyon from second place.
Group E: This also seems to be quite exciting. Chelsea will take this for me. But it is going to be a battle for second between Valencia and Leverkusen. And with Mata gone I think Leverkusen will take 2nd place
Group F: Second most hardest group. I think it is a 3 horse race for 1st. Between Arsenal Marseille and BVB. I think this group can go down right to the wire. With Arsenal scraping it.
Group G: This has no favorites. But I also do not see this being an exciting group. I really don't see who can take this group
Group H: This also won't be xciting. Barcelona will take first place with Milan in second
Luqmaank (Chelsea) 3 years ago
Group A is the most exciting, Bayern would finish on top and the other three teams have an equal chance of finishing second
Luqmaank (Chelsea) 3 years ago
My Predictions

Group A: Most exciting group in my opinion, FC Bayern are favorites and will finish on top. Picking second place is really hard as any of the other 3 teams could clinch the spot. I think Napoli will just edge past Man City and Villareal to make it through

Group B: Inter will finish on top and second place is a battle between Lille and CSKA Moscow, but Lille have really been in form and will beat moscow to second place

Group C: Very easy to predict, Man United will come first, closely followed by Benfica who finish second

Group D: Real Madrid will finish on top but its a very hard call for second, Lyon have not been in much form and that's why I think Ajax will clinch second place

Group E: Chelsea to finish on top(hopefully) and Valencia would just pit Leverkusen to second place

Group F: Tough call for both First and Second with Arsenal, Marseille and Dortmund all fighting out, however, Arsenal have lost several players like Cesc, Nasri and Clichy, and I think surprisingly will not make it past even the group stage. Dortmund to finish first and marseille to finish second

Group G: FC Porto to finish first and Shaktar to finish second, another easy one to predict.

Group H: Pretty straight, Barca in first place and Milan in second
GreatScot (Rangers)(Footytube Staff) 3 years ago
Group A: I think Man City can top this group, their squad is getting stronger by the day almost and Bayern had a terrible season last year and haven't been too convincing recently either, Villareal for 2nd, Bayern 3rd and Napoli 4th.

Group B:Inter should stroll to first place in this group with CSKA and Lille fighting for 2nd, I think Lille might just pip CSKA to it!

Group C: Man United then Benfica enough said about that group then!

Group D: Real Madrid will coast through this group but Ajax and Lyon will have to battle for 2nd, to close to call but if I had to go with one of them it would be Lyon I think!

Group E: Chelsea will top this group, with Valencia 2nd and Bayer Leverkusen a very close 3rd!

Group F: Tough group this one I think Dortmund and Marseille will fight for 2nd, Arsenal will just about manage to top this group I think!

Group G: Here is the most unpredictable group in my view, so here goes, I think Porto will top this group, they are basically the same side as last year and had an unbelievable season and I'm backing them to carry on from there, Shaktar and Zenit will have to fight it out for 2nd with Shaktar shading it and Apoel bringing up the rear!

Group H: Then there's group H, Barca clear winners with AC Milan clear 2nd Favourites, I think Plzen might spring a surprise and beat BATE to 3rd!
Donnchadh (Liverpool) 3 years ago
Man there are some really cracking groups in there. Group A is the group of death in my opinion, than D, than F. But all the groups are good and it is the chaaaammmmmppiiiiioooooonnnnsssssssss so it will be as good as ever I guess. I will just make predictions for those three groups.

Group A: Munchen 1st, City 2nd

Group D: Madrid 1st, Zagreb 2nd

Group F: Dortmund, Marseille

All really hard to predict though and I could be all wrong

Kick4Life - changing lives through football