Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Can Real Madrid Handle Ronaldo Absence?
Diablo28 (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
The Spanish club said today that scans confirmed Ronaldo had severely sprained his right ankle while playing for Portugal in World Cup qualifying on Saturday so It looks like he is out for 4 weeks.... Madrid had lost their last game without him, was that because of his absence or just coincidence? Will that include losing the 4 games to come? We know that Ronaldo is one of the best player in the world right but it shouldn't be that way because a team can never be one player otherwise it doesn't deserve to be called TEAM.... How do you see Madrid for the next 3 or 4 games? That would be a decisive moment to assign a name on that Real Madrid team.... Like always help us figure that out with your opinions
Franboy (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Fortunately, Madrid has a good schedule in La Liga. Should not suffer too much from the absence of Ronaldo.
Madrid - Valladoid
Gijon - madrid
Madrid - Getafe
The real test will be the champion's league against Milan
Samdagooner (Arsenal) 5 years ago
That's the same point I made haha.    True, but I don't think Milan will be a challenge for them, they are dire.
Although Milan is bad for the moment. Milan on 1 game can play a good game
True but there are no signs that are telling us that is possible. I mean they lost to Zurich at home!
Yes but a great club like Milan can do the best and the worst. It would be a good test for madrid
I hope for milan's sake that it will
Keong (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Milan vs real is do or die for milan's leo...
True, for Milan it will be 2 games super important. If ac milan lost against Real Madrid, he will already eliminated
Jeroen (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Cristiano is great, no doubt, but I'm sure Real has ample quality to cope with him being out for a while. Might be good, as Kaká is now their foremost attacking player. It might give him a boost and perhaps he'll be a better Real player afterwards, when CR returns
Blueskiesahead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Ronaldo's absence will give other players the chance to shine that they have no doubt wanted since the season began. Expect some moments of brilliance from the likes of kaka, benzema, lass, higuain, and even raul
Theshid (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Real Madrid have the quality to play well without Ronaldo, but the thing is that they still need to settle, because many new players arrived this season so I think that we'll not see the real face of Madrid until December
Rockerr (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Ronaldo's absent is not going to make a very big impact, they already have depth in their squad even without Ronaldo. They got KAKA who can become like how hw played in Milan
Pragathish (AC Milan) 5 years ago
Ah, whats the problem? Is he the only player in madrid? Come on, guys they have got too many talents.... Ronaldo's absence will never shake them.... Like Rockerr said they have got KAKA!May be its his turn to prove his worth using this opportunity...
Amayel (PSG) 5 years ago
For sure Madrid can play without Ronaldo.
He's doing great since the begining of the year, but Madrid got enough player to make the difference.
Anyway, Madrid's problem was never in front but behind, their defence is not really sure....
Moreover, they have a lot od alternativ on the middlefield Marcelo, Drenthe can plays at Ronaldo's place !
This will definitely hurt Real Madrid against the stronger teams but they play Valladolid, Milan, Sporting Gijon, Getafe, Milan, and Atletico Madrid in the next several weeks (around 4 weeks) so the big matches are Milan and Atletico Madrid away. They missed him a lot against Sevilla as they didn't have an outlet to start a counter attack against them. You could tell that they missed his presence and were out of options to what to do. I don't think it will effect them that much seeing their schedule as Milan and Atletico are the only real teams that can defeat them, but Milan is struggling right now as is Atletico. Therefore, Real Madrid is lucky that he isn't gone for any longer as Barcelona come up at the end of November
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Oh no they lost ronaldo!

Wait who cares they have van der varrt and Xabi to play there now. It will hurt them but a small tweak in tactics and personal shouldn't really effect their results. Any good team can't just rely on one player, what was the point of getting kaka if when ronaldos not their the team just falls apart. No reason why real should still win all there matches
As a big team, you must not rely on 1 player only.... If real madrid really can't do without ronaldo, they are in a serious trouble!
Nemmy (Inter Milan) 5 years ago
You are totally right, footy is a team game and one player's absence ideally shouldn't worsen the team's performance significantly
Ltm017 5 years ago
Yes finally! That's what I'm saying overall Real Madrid doesn't have bad players so why does it depend so much on Ronaldo at least when people look at them. The fact is no matter how good players are if you don't have a good team dynamic you aren't going anywhere. Work together as a team and you win...
I still believe that real can cope without ronaldo aka what's man utd doing right now! Lol
You are absolutely right. This is an opportunity for Benzema and Higuain to play more often. They must prove their value. I think that the absence of Ronaldo may boost other players Madird
Yeah!
That's what I have saying all the time.... Despite of their lack on defence Madrid is a pretty good team on attack, they have so many players that can replace Ronaldo.... I think That will help Pellegrinni find more options and create more plays for the team since Madrid is a new team with bunch of new players that need to work on tactics involving all the players
I guess I was wrong to think Real Madrid could have the same potential on offense without Ronaldo.... Watching the team playing today, I feel his absence badly because there was a lack on the offense.... Just time will tell us about our team
Ltm017 5 years ago
Trust me they have many more problems than ronaldo can fix.... If he came back it will help but not much difference.... What he does can't help to cope with the struggle of the entire team!
Buddy (Arsenal) 5 years ago
Now is the time that real madrid will regret selling last years best player robben
It's too late to regret...
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
It's not looking go for them. Still for the life of me don't see the purpose of buying Xabi Alonso Guti And Kaka are capable of doing whhat he is not doing at the moment. Seeing madrid at the moment they need a right winger Or Kaka has to be more aggresive so xabi Can be effective in this system. Raul is slow at times BEnzema gets lost in games and Sergio ramos is a Sometimish player(I day Brilliant and another day a lalala). The Coach needs to adJust his squad or the will flop
Vodka (Real Madrid) 5 years ago
Nope they can because he is the best player in the world...
Juno (AC Milan) 5 years ago
I don't see why not? Its not as if he's not around and Real madrid gone all blunt? NO. They are still scoring. Still creating. Ronaldo doesn't makes the defence click
Haules (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Yes they can handle it.... Van der vaart for example is a great player
Ltm017 5 years ago
They shouldn't be losing matches without at least one goal. 11 men on the field and at least 8 of them are attackers or have the mind of one.... Wow.... No goal. Money doesn't buy wins or goals....

Maybe it would be good for money to buy defenders....

Kick4Life - changing lives through football