Forums / The Terrace: Casual Footy Banter
Order: Newest / Oldest
Breaking News: Ibracadabra To Barca, Eto'o In Exchange.
StrikersMT28 (Seattle Sounders) 5 years ago
Wow.

Take that Real Madrid! I'm just glad Ronnie and Ibra can renew their rivalry. Are Barca now the favorites?
JosiahsOnFire (Barcelona) 5 years ago
.... This better not happen.... Rather have Villa anyday
Lfc4life (Liverpool) 5 years ago
What? Ibra is better than villa men!
Yamsy (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Zlatan is sooooooooooooooooo Over-rated.... !
Etoooo is soo overrated he s**t zlatan is the man better than villa
.... Zlatan has better skills and control, Eto'o is effective because of the way he plays OFF the ball, the runs he makes and the way he finishes in the box....

I believe this trade is probably the biggest rip-off in transfer history....

I really hope Ibra can adapt to Barca's play as he seems to be a bit of a "ball hog" (not massively but more than Eto'o obviously)

The other thing he needs to understand is that Messi is the superstar of the team and he's going to have to humble himself and realize that for once he'll be playing on a team where he is not the best player on the pitch....

Sure is going to be interesting, that's for sure!
Gerrard4ever (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Well the deal could still collapse because they need to agree personal terms but I would like to see ibra go against ronaldo too
Alen (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Well hopefully this doesn't go in before the 21st because I'm going to the Chelsea vs Inter game in Cali and I hope he plays lol
Darius (Southampton) 5 years ago
OMG! The rosters for FIFA 10 won't be recognizable at all!
I never thought he would go to City, but I still hoped he'l come to England, oh well.... (sob.... Sob.... Sob....)
Adamaus (Manchester United) 5 years ago
You think theres some secret agenda between the la liga teams to get all the big names so it becomes bigger than the EPL lol?
I just think they have the anything you can do I can do better" agenda right now
ManUK (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Hmm Bad switch.

First of all I don't like Ibra at all, Second, Eto'o is worth more than that, Third Eto'o after this season is better than Ibra. Not to say this isn't exciting but I would hate it if I where a Barca fan.

First: Ibra is an Arrogant snob with a temper that doesn't preform in the big games. I wouldn't want him on My team.

Second: Eto'o is worth around as much as Villa, and Iter should be paying the big bucks to Barca. With all these 20m links I don't understand after this year he should be like 40m!

Third: Eto'o is not only worth more but better than Ibra So Barca shouldn't want to give him up. This one of the things I hate bout Barca He gives you so much and then you send him to a different club for underprice
Fact is, though, Eto'o is getting old
Eric (Manchester United) 5 years ago
Eto'o still has more quality than Ibra though. Ibra has been a disappointment for me. He has great quality sometimes. Plus, Ibra isn't getting any younger and at 27, in terms of strikers, he has probably peaked in form already and is on a downward slope. But if he's anything like Eto'o, which he isn't, he'll have great seasons into his early 30s
Yeah, and it really makes it seem lopsided, because inter will likely also get Hleb and outside back, Henrique
Hey man Their basically the same age Eto'o just turned 28 and Ibra will later this year, and you talk like Ibra is young and Eto'o is a old man
Good point.... For some reason I thought Eto'o was older
I guess it's just the fact that he joined when he was something like 17, and he used to look like he was 4. He actually looks like a man now
Lol true Ibra has always looked older to me
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
Isn't eto older to be honest they both would fit better in both system ibra plays more like 1 2 passing while eto is more of an out and out striker!
Thowley88 (AS Roma) 5 years ago
I don't think Eto'o showed his worth in the final stages of Champion's League this year, maybe Ibra can give them some more fire. Eto'o just didn't seem that dangerous
Despite scoring a goal in the UEFA Champions League Final
With a combined over 90 goals between the three strikers, it's silly to break them up. Had Eto'o not scored that first goal in the final, Manchester United could have won that game. It was only after Eto'o gave them the confidence to play their game did Barca come out to play and United was thunderstruck from the goal, playing like jackasses the rest of the match. Also, how did Ibra do in the champions league this year?
OOH Hear hear I was just about to same same thing. Every word true
Did Ibra score in 2 champions league finals in a row?
Is the dumbest move ever! Etoo not class but ibra is the man!
WTF? How could you think Eto'o aint good enough this season? 36 goals in 52 matches! Scored in all three competitions, even in the UCL FInal (twice in a row)!
Added to that, you think that inconsistent Swede is better? Only 29 goals in 46 games (25 of themwere in the Serie A, which means he only scored 4 in all cup competitions....) only made it to the 1st knock-out round, unable to score against United in the whole 180mins, while it took just 10 mins for Eto'o to find United's net.... !
Can you honestly say Eto'o is worse than Ibrahimovic? If you can, it's way beyond me...
Ibra is he second best striker (torres 1 ) etoo I wouldnt buy him. + spanish is soo easy!
Italian and Spanish Leagues are on the same level for me. I don't think the Italian League is much more talented. Besides, Eto'o's ability to score in all competitions speaks to his quality. I just don't understand how anyone can say Ibra is better than him
His skill on the ball is better than Eto'o. He has this nonchalant way about him when he's still with the ball beneath him, it's almost arrogant. But off the ball, Eto'o is much more effective (through ball to him in UCL Final)
I totally agree with Ballinout, I just can't stress hard enough, how much Eto'o is better than Ibra! I know it's only a personal opinion, but idunno how some of you can be blinded by just his reputation and not see his inconsistancy.... He totally switches off in big games, as if you was like a rookie.... No impact what so ever, especially against english opposition.... Eto'o is 1 year older but that doesn't prove anything, he not only shows up in big matches, he also scores/sets up goals....
Again "Ibra couldn't find United's net in a whole 120mins, but it only took 10mins for Eto'o to score against United".... If that doesn't prove something.... Iduno what will....
Don't get me wrong, Ibra is a magnificent player, but nothing compared to the Cameroonian....
Although this is all just my personal thought, I feel strongly supportive to this comment....
Yes me too Ibra play his arrogant flowing style of play and is overrated. The only thing that matters is getting the ball in the net, which eto'o does it may not be beautiful but it doesn't matter as long as you score

Eto'o is worth more than Barca are doing to him he so better that Ibra and yet they're offering him plus 40m this just not fair to Eto'o. People are talking bout giving 20m for Eto'o I don't understand them Eto'o is way better than 20m

Ibra is overrated Barca are making a huge mistake, but hey maybe it'll help us beat them in the Champs League final this year
Kingsickhead (Chelsea) 5 years ago
The only think that makes this deal unfair is the 40 million!
Ben (Arsenal) 5 years ago
This is good for us (the neutral fans) who want to see beautiful footy week in and week out.

El Classico this year will have an added flavor to it, I simply cannot wait. I hope this deal does go through
I hope it goes through I find it not a good move but an exciting one
In the latest game against Chelsea, Ibrahimovic suffered a hand injury.... ! And could be out of the next few games....
Could this affect the transfer to Barca?
Nitro (Barcelona) 5 years ago
Sorry dude but this is just a rumour.... So it should really be in the rumour mill
Yea, but it was a really big rumour, that's why Strikers made a thread out of it...
The deal seems to be progreesing slowly, but surely....
Eto'o has just agreed his personal terms, now it's down to Ibra to confirm his terms....

Link: fourfourtwo.com/news/italy/34063/default.aspx...
SergioRamos (Liverpool) 5 years ago
Ibracadabra Ala Cazam. This is fantastic for the la liga the arrival of torres will kill it
Huh?
Torres isn't going anywhere. Liverpool would be left dead in the water without him
Reidscott (Fiorentina) 5 years ago
In terms of scoring Eto'o is far better. He has proven himself against all types of styles and has not faltered on the World Stage. Ibra has not. This is simple.... Eto'o is the better scorer and I think the better all around player. The 40 is ridiculous....

However, we should look at the overall play on Ibra with Barca and especially along side Messi. I would love to be a fly on the wall at Messi's house! My concern (it should be noted that although I am a Viola fan I do respect the Barca game) is what the effect Ibra will have on the chemistry.... Barca is known for it's unselfish and generous attitude.... And Ibra can be very " It's all about me " sometimes.... He has to understand that Messi is The Man on that team, period.

So.... Does this make Barca a better team? That is the real question isn't it? I say at this point: NO. Does this give them the extra ummph they need to stay in front on Real Madrid? NO as well. So are they making a move just to say they making a move? This does not appear to be a solid move by a team that just won it all. It may be a disaster or it may be genius.... One thing is for sure.... It will be highly watchable!
I'm agreeing on all aspects and points that you put in, well thought out man!  Especially noting the egoistic character of Zlatan...
Again, the move gets ever so closer to finalizing, as Ibrahimovic has agreed his personal details with Barca....

Link: www.espnstar.com/football/primera-liga/news/detail...

Kick4Life - changing lives through football